2005 Subaru Legacy

Available in 10 styles:  2005 Subaru Legacy 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Great College Car

by BelAirCarGuy from Bel Air, Maryland | February 17, 2014

Purchased a 2005 GT Limited Wagon for my college student. This was a one owner wagon with about 100,000 miles. Had to do some maintenance on the car - timing belt, water pump, spark plugs- for about $1500. I knew this so was not surprised or put off by this expense. Car is tight, handles great, has plenty of power, is quiet with no rattles, and goes like a bandit! Highly recommend a Subaru and certainly feel this car will easily go to 150 - 175,000 miles. Paint is still great and leather seats look like new. Certainly is a tribute to how Fuji Heavy Industries builds its cars and probably all the equipment it sells!

very impressed

by flavius_gf from | September 23, 2013

very impressed with the car , I own the car for 5 years and I love it ! very safe, reliable and good report money/value

Wow what a car!

by WHAT A CAR from Glen burnie, MD | August 20, 2013

Wow this car is amazing. She handles like an Audi, and growls like an STI impreza. The exterior styling is fantastic, I believe its the best looking legacy so far. Interior styling is everything you need in a nice package no pointless feautures that will most likely break. I bouth the 2.5i/manual transmission and I look forward going to work just because of this car!

My first Subaru

by Prefers SUV from Nevada | December 20, 2012

This is the first subaru I've owned. Extremely reliable, I have the manual legacy with turbo and this car is super fast. It has lots of power. Good in the snow too for a sports vehicle. The leather seats are a little hard but they look nice and keep well if you take care of the leather. I went from an SUV to this sedan and do prefer an SUV,but if you're looking for a reliable sedan AWD, than you found it. Plus this car is fun to drive.

Love love love this car

by WempenHeegsta from Riverton, wy | September 5, 2012

I previously only owned trucks, but after getting horrible gas mileage and not very good traction in the winter I was looking for something better. My husband is a mechanic and recommended I look at subarus, now I'm not too big of a fan of the wagons so I was a little hesitant. I started looking around and found that the legacy fit my style.... Subarus are well know for lasting forever, being super comfortable and great on gas mileage. After purchasing this car I could not be happier. I would recommend this car to ANYONE!

05 Legacy 2.5 Limited

by Subie driver from Utica, NY | August 15, 2012

This car is loaded. Bought mine with 85k on it. People can't believe it's 7 years old with that many miles; they think it's an 09 (last year of the body style, versus first year). Car is from Rochester, NY (lots of salt, limited sand) and had no visible rust. I've had it for about 4,000 miles and have had zero issues. My only "complaints" ate that I can't swap in my after market stereo, so no USB ports, and it doesn't have a heated steering wheel. Clearly, these aren't real complaints. Manual transmission, full leather interior (and not the cheap leather), heated seats, mirrors and wipers, sunroof, and all of the standard things one expects from a Subie (extremely comfortable, amazing handling, quick acceleration, reliable, overall a blast to drive and own). This is my second 'ru and I'll probably never buy anything else since I can't seem to find them same quality for the money in any other make of car.

legacy GT limited sedan

by subaru hauls from montague, mi | June 29, 2012

my wife bought it in '05 with 5k miles on it, the dealership owner drove it for a few months, saved us a few grand on the sticker price. now have close to 140k miles on it, and going strong. the turbo paired with the 5 speed manual makes this quite the sleeper. you wouldn't think haul-butt machine when you hear subaru, but it does. and when that turbo kicks in, there seems to be almost limitless torque. with all wheel drive that's bomb-proof in winter, i dare say it's as fast as anything on the road when the snow flies. moreover, it's safe. ABS, all wheel drive, etc. make it very secure in adverse weather. we actually use snow tires as well in winter and it goes through anything Michigan winter can dish out. we added a spoiler and tinted the windows which enhances the look of it, and my wife also went for some custom rims- for summer only (salt eats them). it's sharp looking. we went over 100k miles before any repairs, and that was brakes and a new clutch. and that's it. i would like a 6 speed for improved mileage, the newer ones have that. only problem was the rear cupholder broke. now at almost 140k miles, the gas door release and trunk release levers are getting sticky. not big issues at all. we love it and plan to put at least another 100k on it. can't beat a subaru.

AMERICAN MADE IN INDIANA*NOT JAPAN BOO!!!!

by THE BIG KAHUNA from SALT LAKE CITY,UT | November 28, 2011

I have the top of the line Subaru Legacy GT LIMITED TURBO 5 speed manual tranny fully loaded all options model.Overall car is good*main complaint is DASH RADDLE by driverside windseild!!!Next complaint is Luxery confert is not on par with ACURA,LEXUS,INFINTY so dont be fooled by this being Subarus top end car its not luxerious*firm smallish seats wit thin perferated sport leather,fake wood trim,plastic interior door handels thatcreak like thay are gona brake every time you get in&out&very firm/solid suspenction dampening!!!It seems on par with honda,nissan,toyota top end models for interior materials&confort*But not fit&finish&here is why.The door sticker ses made in the USA Indiana plant!As every one should know by now if its made here in USA it does not get the quality controll check it does coming out of Japan&thats just the facts strait up the proof is in the pooding******Exterior is nice but missing alot of the crome trim you get around the outside window seals&door handels you would get on a LEXUS,ACURA,INFINTY*The best thing about the car is its preformance with the allwheel drive&manual 5 speed whitch is rare&hard to find in any car speacialy one with a TURBO&250hp 250tq its faster than 95%of all the vehicals out on the road&fastest 4 door sedan you can get for $30,000 or less new 0-60 5.3 seconds 1/4 mile 13.8 seconds STOCK!!!$1500. WORTH OF MODS=ECU TUNER,Egzust headers with turbo up pipe,Turbo down pipe,&Bigger intercooler=325hp 350tq& 0-60 4.5 seconds 1/4 mile 13.0 seconds about the same as a corvet or the first doge vipers*:)&It works wonders in the snow*try that with a corvet or viper!You have to have BOOST@this high elavation to be competitve up here in the Rock Mountains naturaly aspirated v6 engines dont compare&cant hang preformance wise sorry Infinity,Lexus,Acura&american old teck pushrod moters.IE,dodge HEMI&chevrolet small blocks!!!For that its a winner just NOT the total package it could be with more luxurious interior!!! O ya I bought it yoused off cars.com it was the only one on the western side of US with under 40,000 miles&under$20,000 it had 36,000miles&I payed $15,000 cash flew in to Reno NV to pickup&drove it back to SLC,UT that was in 09,2011 car now has 41,000 miles&no problems besides the dash raddle that drives me crazy so TURN UP THE RADIO*** 11,28,2011

Solid, Dependable and AWD!

by Japanese Car Afficianado from Hudson Valley, NY | August 31, 2011

I am 6' 4" and found this to be one of the better economical and dependable cars for someone my height. The car is peppy and does great in the winter.

Shakes, Rattles, doesn't Roll

by JTA from 32789 | March 30, 2011

Check any Legacy site, and you will find complaints about the numerous and varied rattles of this car. The Shakes are from the stumbling vibration at around 55-60 mph at acceleration, I believe this was fixed in the later models. The AWD, low profile tires will keep this car from rolling, very good handling, comfortable driving position, love the automatic shifting buttons on the steering wheel. Very anemic gas mileage, right now I am getting 19 combined, and I take it easy in the city. Hwy mileage is an easy 25+ I am sorry I bought this car because of the rattles, the gas mileage, I can live with. The paint is holding up except on the bumpers, a red car it started turning toward the pink tint after 6 months.

Featured Services for this Subaru Legacy