2007 Subaru Legacy

2007 Subaru Legacy

Available in 7 styles:  2007 Subaru Legacy 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Best car I have ever owned

by New owner of Sube from Whitesburg, Tn | June 30, 2014

We checked out this website first and found the car we wanted. So much info on this model. They contacted the dealer for us This car is perfect for us. Excellent comfort on trips and great on gas in and around the city. Stereo w/cd player is great and the leather heated seats are so nice. Power driver seats and manual passenger seats work great. Lots of leg room in front, not so much in back for tall people. Very satisfied.

Died with head gasket leak

by lifeson22 from | March 24, 2014

Enough said. Thanks for fixing this problem Subaru. Hey, did you hear about these Honda guys and their reliable products? Yeah.

07 subaru legacy is a very best buy

by rhh from Colorado | May 13, 2011

Just ck out Consumers Reports for stats on reliability the Legacy is, it is tops on their list! Can't get better. The 2007 Legacy is the first year with the fold down back seat which is very handy and much appreciated the first time you need it. The 4 cy 2.5 engine is plenty big enough for any and all needs. The styling is beautiful and intelligent. The comfort factor is solid, as is the ride. Just test drive other cars to prove it to yourself, that's what we did. This car is an absolute winner, trust me.

Very Happy with this car

by dogbig from Annapolis, MD | June 25, 2010

I was in the market for an AWD vehicle. Originally, I was shopping for a used (2006 - 2007) Audi A4 quattro. I must have looked at and driven at least 5 Audis. I never could pull the trigger and buy. There was always a strange engine vibration or the ever present turbo lag, and the cramped interior I could not get past. One day while driving home fom work I saw a Subaru Legacy and thought to myself now that's a nice looking car. Well the next day I test drove and bought one, a 2007 Legacy 2.5i. I could not believe how smooth the engine ran and how the car feels so sure footed on the road (thanks to the AWD). The handling is awesome. I think this car rides better than the Audis I was test driving (or at last as good). I had the car now for about 2 months and still love it. The only drawbacks I've noticed are I hate the placement of the driver side window controls. Very awkward placement causes your wrist to bend in an unnatural movement. And why don't the windows automatically roll up with one pull of the lever like all other cars, you have to sit their with your finger on the lever until the window rolls up. Also, I took one long trip in the car and I was noticing that the seats on long trips are not quite comfortable. Looking forward to testing the AWD in the snow this winter. All in all a great AWD car with that Japanese reliability.

Best value for the money of any car I've owned

by Flyin' Old Dude from Edmonton, AB | January 6, 2008

Looking for a great handling, high-performance sports sedan? Look no further than the Subaru Legacy GT. Best performing 4-banger you'll find and very easy to take from 250HP stock to over 300HP and 345 ft lbs of torque! If you have lots of money go for the Acura RL, but you'll spend lots more $ for not much more excitement. Highly recommended, especially in snow!

GREAT car!

by Tom from Norwich CT | December 7, 2006

I just got my 2007 Legacy 4 dr Limited sedan (the one with the leather and 6 disc changer...MAN this is a nice car. I love the exterior styling and the interior is awesome...very comfortable, nice heated leather seats..and the SRS radio is good. The car rides very nice, handles good and the AWD is the best there is. This is a great car for the money...I paid 22K, you get a lot for your money. People who havent seen a Subaru in a while are amazed that this car is a Subaru! ONLY thing I dont like is the back seat is a little smallish--but hey, I get to sit up front!! Buy it--you will love it.

This is my second Subaru

by Mattf301 from Connecticut | November 11, 2006

I have a 2006 Outback 2.5 Limited Wagon. My previous car was a 1998 Outback which my son now has. The '98 has 115,000 miles on it and runs like new. No rust, interior is in great shape. The most expensive repair I had to do was the timing belt/water pump-$500. The '06 has the leather interior and that cool sunroof. It's huge. The ride is very quiet, with acceptable acceleration. It's certainly not a race car. My average fuel mileage(70% around town) is 21.5 mpg. On trips I get 26 mpg. The all wheel drive is exceptional, safer then my Ford Ranger. If you want an even better set-up go for the LL Bean edition which has a more sofisticated system. Beware that if you get the turbo or 6 cylinder model you have to use premium fuel. All around I would say this is the best and safest car for the money. I detest SUVs and think people are irrisponsible buying those gas guzzlers. The Outback is the best value and retains it's resale.

my third Subaru Legacy

by Emma from Milton-Freewater, OR | November 1, 2006

I drive long, rural distances to work every day. The Subaru handles the dirt roads and the icy roads every time. It even does well on the muddy ones too. It does have a very loud outside harmonic whistle that I haven't pinned down yet to remove. I think maybe its the rack on top, but haven't had the chance to remove it yet to see. Anyone else get this noise?

Good solid Subaru

by Aber from MA. | October 18, 2006

The Ltd. 2.5i is great with a stick. I test drove the automatic and it was sluggish but the stick is nice. Love the 2.5GT but can't handle the 12-14 mpg city. Some of the features in the limited are not offered on some others cars.

I just want to go out and drive.

by cody from Pullman, WA | October 7, 2006

I recently purchased a 2007 Legacy GT and I can't get over how much I enjoy driving the vehicle. The SI drive is pretty cool, as the I mode is nice for driving around town when you don't want to burn extra gas. However jumping into S or S# mode allows the vehicle to dash around winding roads with easy. My GT is equiped with the manual transmission with gearing that matches well the engine dynamics. The hardest part about this car is getting it to go slow enough, while backing out of the parking lot.