2008 Subaru Legacy

2008 Subaru Legacy

Available in 5 styles:  2008 Subaru Legacy 4dr Sedan shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

MOST RELIABLE vehicle I have Ever Owned!

by Subaru Owner for 12 years from Boston, MA. | February 11, 2014

I have driven and owned multiple brands for 35 years. Since, I purchased my First Subaru in 2002, I have been Forever swayed by the Reliability and Traction of this vehicle; Especially when driving it within the Snow. I currently live in Boston, MA. and should you desire a vehicle that is priced well also can be acquired with various options, reasonably priced as well, then this vehicle is for You. I purchased my current 2008 Subaru Legacy in June 2007 with 3 miles and currently have only 57K on the speedometer; mostly drive it to work within the city. I will admit since I have purchased my vehicle I have replaced ALL 4 tires three times; the AWD does chew up your tires and should you get a Flat you CAN NOT replace only one tire, You Must Replace All 4 tires Because of the AWD System. Now, I have seen multiple brands of other vehicles trapped upon Snow covered roads although I have Never had an Issue within this type of environment. My current Fuel Mileage is 21 MPG City and 24 MPG Highway. Should I ever decide to buy another vehicle I Will purchase another Subaru possibly a Hybrid version; for greater Fuel mileage.

Maybe I got the statisical anomaly?

by Subie Owner from Orange County, Ca | January 13, 2014

I've had my 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5L Limited since October 27th, 2007. When I bought it, it has 8 miles, 4 of those from my test drive. It now has 130K. PROS: It handles well in inclement weather. It holds corners very well. It has many features I wasn't looking for like heated windshield wipers, heated seats, dual zone climate control, etc. Fair MPG considering it is AWD. I get 23-24MPG combined; 28-30 HWY. Highly rated in crash tests in 2008. CONS: In 130K miles, catalytic converter has been replaced twice. 3 different recalls related to ECM programming and emissions compliance. Power pump failed at 58K miles (had extended warranty), and at 130K miles sounds like it's going to go again. Both head gaskets were replaced at 110K miles because of leaks Tire rotation is essential as the AWD chews tires up like crazy. Sunroof track causing binding; has since it was new. They always just greased it up excessively while car was under warranty. Transmission downshifts hard between 3-2, and has since it was new.

Can't beat a Subaru for Colorado!

by Love my Subie! from Boulder, Colorado | September 15, 2012

If you live in Colorado its hard to find a better car for the money than a Subaru! The AWD is awesome and if you are lucky enough to have one with a turbo that is even better. Normally asperated cars lose at least 20% of their power if not more at Colorado altitude and the turbo makes a huge difference... drive a turbo & non-turbo of the same car the same day back to back and see for yourself. I love the reliabilty of Subaru as well... this is my third Subie ive owned over the last ten years and its easily as reliable as any of the Toyota's I have owned in the past. Great cars!!!!

Good Ride - quality issues

by Lew from Northern Minnesota | August 26, 2012

I bought this 2008 Subaru Legacy Special Edition in December of 2008. It was a lease vehicle with 25000 miles on it. The car now has 105000 miles on it. In the last year I have spent close to $4000 on maintenance and repairs. While some of this is normal wear and tear, new tires, replace timing belt etc., there are some serious quality issues. This includes replacing a failed catalytic converter, left front wheel assembly and abs senors, tpms units in the wheel and seat belt warning light. I take meticulous care of the vehicle and follow all maintenance schedules religiously. The vehicle is excellent in snow, rides well on long trips and is fairly economical with 29 mpg on the road. This is the first Subaru product I have owned and despite the convenience of all wheel drive in a northerly clime, I will not by another one.

Nice Car!

by syrsweep from syracuse,ny | April 14, 2012

Just purchased my 2008 Legacy {32,000 miles} Quality vehicle for price paid!!! Real awd! A must have for driving in my neck of the woods. {syracuce,NY} Great MPG! Pleasure to drive! I love this car! would recommend this car to anyone!

Pefect for my needs

by crowing from MI | July 24, 2010

Lets get the caveats out of the way: smaller back seats, lower MPG due to AWD, maintinence can be expensive, and a somewhat stiff ride. Due to these things, this car may not be right for everyone. HOWEVER, I do give this car high ratings for very well executed design and performance. I love the style of the interior and found the seats and steering to be spot on. AWD is a great thing to have with Michigan's erratic weather and this is one of the more economic choices. The Legacy is a bit heavier for the AWD, which may be why some people feel it's a bit sluggish, but it also improves grip and cornering. So you know, the 2010 model does seem to have fixed a number of these quirks.

SWEET CAR!!!!!!

by digby29 from denver, CO | June 16, 2010

had my 2008 legacy gt for two years now... it is a great car. plenty of power & handles great. mileage is good considering how fast it is. easily the best car ive ever owned! does great in snow / rain as well as dry roads too!!!!

Luxury Race Car

by Spitfire from Suburban Phila | March 12, 2010

Sorry to hear a few bad reviews but my 2008 Legacy GT is the most fun I've had driving since my '69 Olds 442. The Legacy is appointed very nicely. The interior is well designed and plush. The leather is very good quality, the seats wrap the driver and front passenger. The audio in the 2008 is above average, with an easy install of a subwoofer under the driver seat, it sounds great up front. The rear speakers are only in the doors, not in the back deck of the '08. If you have back seat passengers daily for 100 mile trips it might not be your car. As far as performance goes. With upgrades I've made "retuning" and catback exhaust which increases power and makes her purrrrrr. I'm kicking out 290hp and 0-60 5.2 seconds. The 60-120 times are pretty amazing too. I opted for the paddle shifters on 5 speed auto, a great compromise b/c I'm in the city pretty often. The control you get with the paddles is comperable to the manual but no clutching which is nice. Friends are shocked at the power and can hardly believe it's a 4 cylander. I have 34K miles on mine and look forward to every drive. Can you say the same?!

Legacy

by call007 from Orlando | January 11, 2010

I have 70K on my 2008 legacy and have not had one problem with the car. I am dispointed its worth so little in a trade in , but I catches up to depreciation really quick in another year or two.

Love makes a Subaru

by AWD Forever from Omaha, NE | January 11, 2010

If your looking for an all around performer sedan, the Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT is the car for you. For the price you really can't buy a better vehicle. Its a great mix of luxury features and strong driving performance. I took a long time deciding on what car to buy to meet my desire for performance and need for practicality, not two things that often go together well. When I found the Legacy GT and drove it, I knew it was love at first drive, and the best car for me. The exterior styling isn't as flashy as the WRX or STI but the hood scoop and rear spoiler help it stand out against other bland sedans. The inside of the car is well thought out. The leather wrapped streeing wheel feels good in your hands and has radio and cruise controls on it. Dashboard controls are easy to use and well laid out. The leather seats are frim, and will hold you in place while your taking corners hard. Also has grab handles I affectionately dubbed "Oh Goodness! Handles" so that your passengers can hang on too. Rear seat room is a bit smaller then some other sedans. Good trunk space and has a center pass thru and the seats hold down to extend the trunk room. The true joy of this car comes from driving it. The AWD handeling is a work of art, keeping all four tires glued to the road. It takes a bit of effort to break the tires loose. When pushed to the limit the rear end tends to sway out, but its easy to correct. My GT is a 5 speed manual, and I feel this is the best way to get the most out of the Legacy's power. The pedals are positioned for easy heel toe maneuvers. Setting the SI-Drive to Sport Sharp brings the car to its full potential. Mash down the gas, wrap out the gears, hit boost, and feel the rush as the car rockets off. Its an awsome feeling and the main reason why I bought the car. The AWD gives me confidence while driving hard, or while driving in hard conditions. Rain or snow, the AWD keeps you in control and gets you where you want to be safely. All in all, the Leagcy GT does it all. The room and practicality of a sedan and the performance and handling of a sports car all put together in one nice package. Go drive one and my bet is you will see why loves makes a Subaru a Subaru.