2009 Subaru Legacy

Available in 6 styles:  2009 Subaru Legacy 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

BEST AFFORDABLE AWD

by HOT ROD from Gurnee, IL | October 18, 2014

I purchased my car used with 36,000 miles on it last year. I drive 100 miles a day commuting to Chicago. I now have 75k miles on my Subaru with no problems at all. I average 34 mpg on the hwy driving 65-70mph. City driving avg. 22mpg. The best fuel for this car is BP Gas. Trust me I have tried them all. The performance and the gas mileage is great with it. The car handles very well in all weather especially Snow. I pass some Jeeps on the highways with their mouth open like wow... The All Season tires I use which are great for my Subie are Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2. I hope this information provided helps anyone thats looking for a Subie. 2009's Rock

A really good car

by Sam from | February 28, 2013

One of the most reliable cars that i've ever owned. Great gas mileage, smooth ride, high performance

First Suby

by BrokenOldBottles from Jersey Shore | September 23, 2012

Bought this car used Aug 2012 with 15K on it.Car is very clean. Seems a bit underpowered with the AC on, but other than that it handles just as I hoped it would. We travel to VT many times a year in all seasons and needed the ability to get there when we need to get there, so the Subaru looked to be the answer. We also looked at the Ford Fusion AWD, but the choices were few. Also looked at KIA, Hyundai, Nissan and Toyota but as our focus was on AWD and a used car this Subaru seems to fit the bill. Check back with me in two years.

Excellent all around car

by New to Subaru from Apollo, Pa | August 16, 2012

Great value for the money. Front seat has 8 ways to adjust for comfort. It is like sitting with a lumbar support. Conforms to your lower back for supreme comfort. Interior design is good but it does need a longer middle arm rest support for greater comfort. Head space is a little lacking especially for a big guy when entering the vehicle but otherwise ok once in the car. It does not have pockets in the back doors which would be nice. Sound system is awesome. Holds the road well especially in the rain attributited to the AWD and 17 inch tires. Has a stable and smooth ride on the highway. I did have to adjust my pulling out time because it is a 4 cyclinder and I was used to a 6 but still has good acceleration. Has large capacity trunk space. Overall a great buy.

Most Well Rounded Car

by Seagullman from Maryland | August 6, 2012

PRO'S ****************** Smooth Ride Handles Well in all types of weather Amazing All-Wheel Drive Traction 30 MPG on Highway with A/C Harmon Kardon Sound System is Rock Solid Interior Styling CON'S ****************** Engine Noise Mushy 4 Speed Transmission Get the GT if you want more power than an Accord

Very nice, reliable

by henman911 from Cincinnati, OH | April 12, 2012

I purchased my 2009 Legacy Special Edition used. It is my second Legacy. The car is comfortable, the power seat allows for a refined seating position making long drives comfortable. Neither of my two Legacys have had ANY mechanical problems. The interior quality is superb; dash and doors have softer plastic, the seats are a hgher quality cloth, the upgraded Harmon Kardon stereo is excellent. My sole complaint about either Legacy is road noise. These cars seem on par with some of the Hondas I have driven; not exactly the most effective in stopping road noise from intruding into the vehicle cabin. Mine is a 4 cylinder automatic; I utilze the manual shifter which gives a better feeling of control. AWD and snow= NO PROBLEM. My mileage is 30-32 in the highway ( 70-75 mph ) and I average 24-25 around town,. NOOO complaints. Subaru has done well with this Legacy !

1st real car

by love2rideincarss from Nebraska | August 30, 2011

25 male, nebraska Big ticket items were AWD, projection head lights, warranty, performance and styling. I test drove an Audi A4, Infinity G35, and VW Jetta, and Lexus IS250. After all these, the 09 Subaru Legacy 2.5i SE was by far the best for the money. Dont get me wrong, the other cars were great, but cost of repairs, lack of good warranty and paying extra for a brand name just didnt seem worth it to me right now. Have owned this car since the beginning of the summer and have a ton of fun with it. Looking forward to how it handles in snow this winter as it handles great in rain. Several times I have had total strangers come up to me and just start talking about my car and comment on how much they like it. Im humbled by it but its very cool to know people think it looks sharp. My only regret is not getting the GT. It was quite a bit more money so I opted for something a little simpler for my first real adult car. This vehicle still had some good acceleration and speed, not to mention the handling is amazing (corners like on rails!). I also opted not for the limited and am ok i didnt get leather seats. Test drove one that did but had more miles and other minor things but the seats and interior still fine w/o the Limited version. Overall, great purchase and would do it again. The 100K 3.5yrs warranty is great (only 20K miles now) and it was only $500 to upgrade to full bumper to bumper. Not a single problems w/ the vehicle. Ive read hundreds of reviews on all sorts of vehicles before I purchased so thats why I got a little lenghty, but i hope this helps someone.

my 10th subaru

by subaru loyalist from CT | August 3, 2011

I live in the snow belt, so AWD is a must and Subaru's system is the best when roads are very slippery. That's what the "symmetrical" feature does for you; other AWD systems create a slight rotation (yaw) that makes the vehicle unstable on slick roads. Dry road handling is improved over earlier models, but no, it is not going to eat BMWs. Compared to the Legacy with the 2.5 regular engine, the 3.0 is way stronger. It means you can pass going uphill with the AC on, or get around a left-lane-hog quickly and safely. Compared to the Legacy with the 2.5 turbo, the 6 cyl is smoother, not quite as fast but there is no turbo lag. About comfort, either the seats fit you or they don't. It's silly to buy a car that doesn't feel good and then complain about it. I can drive this Legacy for hours without discomfort. All of my Subarus have been 100% reliable. Period.

Fun Transportation

by Utility Man from Rockford, Il | June 12, 2011

While smaller on the inside than our Passat, the Legacy gets better gas mileage and has just as much punch off the line. Plus, the Legacy doesn't require premium fuel. Interior has just the features that we need and use without much wasted "bling". Looking forward to winter!

BEST CAR EVER

by mackjar66 from tx | May 21, 2011

Car handles like a dream. I have made two trips over 4000 miles round trip a piece and the car takes top the road like cement. Would recommend this car to anyone. 5 star crash rating in EVER area measured not just one area like toyota. BLAST of a ride