2014 Subaru Legacy

Starting MSRP

Overall

Great car for the money

by Rumble 12 from Schenectady New York | August 12, 2014

I recently traded my 2010 legacy with 97,000 miles and the 3.6 for a 2014 limited 4cylinder . I found a 2014 with 5500 miles at a fabulous price and decided to go take a look . They gave me a fabulous trade so I grabbed it . I loved my 2010 , never had an issue , but must say the 2014 is just as good in every way . The cvt does take a little getting used to , it has slightly less performance than what I was used to , but the tradeoff for the mileage im getting is well worth it ( getting mid 30s on the highway and high 20's in the city ) . I havent missed the 3.6 like I thought I might . I know the Subie will be fabulous in the winter and these cars hold their value like few other . You can spend more , but Im not sure why you would . Now that the 2015s are out , you should be able to pick up a 2014 leftover or used for a steal .

Not what I expected.

by Jimmie from Denver, CO | June 19, 2014

I have owned Honda's in the past and going from Honda to Subaru was a let down. I don't think it is just the move to Subaru from Honda but the move to any car from Honda that is the problem. The Legacy is a nice car it just has many rattles and I have had some problems with belts, bearings and the CVT is not up to my expectations. I believe that Subaru is trying to make a good car and maybe the 2015 improvements will help, I certainly hope it helps the stiff ride also.

Subaru Always Get You Through

by Love my subaru from Bethel, Connecticut | May 18, 2014

Extremely happy with the Subaru legacy ...4th Subaru I have owned. I have never gotten stuck in the snow ... it has always gotten me home even in the worst conditions. Very comfortable car ... love the heated seats and the sun roof!!!

Great car

by car buyer because I have to from Harrisburg, PA | April 11, 2014

I am not a car fan. I purchase cars to get me from point a to point b and back. Every car I own I expect to get at least 200,000 miles before I purchase another. I purchased the 2014 Subaru Legacy in November. Since then I have driven 10,000 miles and LOVE this car. It handles wonderfully, goes great in the snow and gets good gas mileage. My one and only complaint is that I can't seem to find the sweet spot for the heat. I am either hot or cold, can't find the perfect setting. Love the heated seats! It handles like a dream. During our long cold, snowy winter we drove this nearly every day and had no problems. The only drawback I could see is it does sit low so if the snow is high, you could be pushing snow. But I have a 4 wheel drive truck fro that. I wanted this for when the back country roads I drive every day are plowed but still snow covered. It does great. All in all I am very happy with this car. The CVT really helps with the gas mileage.

Great for handicapped.

by keith from Tennessee | February 20, 2014

I'm not going to repeat what all the other reviewers have said. I find the car totally adequate with only a few minor things that I think could be improved. The reason we bought the car was that my wife is having mobility issues, mainly due to decreased range of motion in her knees and ankles. The Legacy has larger doors and they hinge a little further forward. This allows my wife easy access to get in and out of the vehicle. She could not get in and out of many of its competitors at all and with a lot of difficulty with the rest. I do find the seats less comfortable than I would like, the lumbar support is located a little too high up in the seat so I have to minimize it. For long trips, I will have to use my own lumbar support. The stylish areo looking sill (rocker panel) does make entry and egress a little more difficult, too bad as a normal rocker panel would be a plus to us. The bluetooth won't sync up with my old flip phone, my flip phone doesn't have a way to enter a security code that the Subaru bluetooth requires. I have installed an iPod as the radio stations just don't play the music us geezers like any more. Overall, we love the Subaru. I would like to see a few tweeks though.

Very Nice

by Bigredone from Stoughton | January 26, 2014

This is the best value auto you can buy. Our Legacy has AWD and is great in the snow. The car is very roomy and can fit my 6'2" , 275lb frame with no problem front and back. The Legacy's exterior is nice. The interior could be spiced up a bit but is very functional. Pick up and go for a 4 cyl. engine is unbelievable fantastic! As someone who would not have looked at Subaru a year ago, I'm hooked. Compare this car to others for yourself. Dollar for Dollar you can't beat a Subaru. SUBARU, no longer just for hippies.

Dependability, Comfort & Value

by Reformed Performance Guy from Baltimore, MD | January 19, 2014

I had a 2011 Legacy and I liked it so much I just got a 2014. It's the same basic car but I got a slightly nicer accessory package this time including back-up camera, bluetooth and USB input. The Legacy compares in price, size and ride to the Camry or Accord BUT with standard all-wheel drive. That's a big feature for my money. The ride is quiet and smooth and the standard 4-cylindar has sufficient power. It rides 5 passengers comfortably so it's great for my carpool duties. In the three years I had the last one the only times I saw a mechanic was for routine maintenance. Testers rate it highly for reliability and my experience bears that out.

Best Car I've ever owned.

by Subaru Lover from Rome, NY | November 10, 2013

I have had this car for about 3 months now. Its a 2014 Subaru 3.6R Limited with Sunroof/Navigation/Eye Sight Package. It is the fully loaded model. It is very very sporty, 260hp is not a lot but the way this car uses it through its All-Wheel-Drive system is just amazing. Grip, grip, grip, on soaking wet roads, even the little snow and ice we've had already it was great with summer tires. I am going to put snow tires on it for the winter, which I am sure will allow me to climb our local mountain. The eye sight system is the coolest thing ever and gives my already 5 Star Crash Test Rated subaru, an even higher level of safety. The lights are very bright and make night driving really safe and even enjoyable. The engine sound from the 3.6 liter 6 cylinder boxer engine is actually really pleasing. Its very spacious with out being too big, it also is very luxurious. It is just amazing, not enough can be said about this car, and Subaru in general. This car is guaranteed to last much more than 200K miles, when I will still be driving it.

Good bang for the buck

by Man about town from New Hampshire | October 1, 2013

The Subaru Legacy is "as advertised". Good comfort, good economy, nice features and well appointed. AWD is a strong selling point, as is mpg. Plenty of leg room in the back, lots of trunk space, plus fold down rear seats. Nav system is a little too busy, but accurate. Unusual electronic parking brake system, i.e., no foot pedal and no hand lever.

Comfortable Ride w/ Great Gas Milage + AWD

by MattSuppa from Hopewell Junction, NY | September 9, 2013

When I started researching fuel-efficient all wheel drive vehicles, the Subaru Legacy was at the top of the list. I live in the Northeast, and drive about 40 miles each way (mostly highway) to and from work, and during the winter months, I need AWD. I test drove the 2014 Subaru Legacy and immediately loved that it handles like a sports car, not like an SUV. I also like the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) which makes for a smooth ride and acceleration. But most of all, love the money it will be saving me at the pump! I needed to make sure that it was reliable and safe, so after some additional research, took delivery on my first red car! Great car for the money! I was looking for an under $30,000 All Wheel Drive vehicle that gets good gas milage, was comfortable and safe. I found all of those things in the 2014 Subaru Legacy. Only negative so far is having difficulty pairing my Android phone as a Bluetooth Audio Player in order to show song/media information (from Pandora) on the built-in display, but it works on the iPhone/iPad...