2015 Subaru Legacy

Starting MSRP

Overall

hard seats

by chuck from New Jersey | June 17, 2015

Had to buy a seat cushion do to how hard the seats are. No power reserve after key is turned off, can't roll up the Windows.

Best all around choice

by toontown player from Elmhust, NY | June 9, 2015

We have put 1200 miles on our new Legacy 3.6 with all the bells and whistles. We love the eye sight, back up camera, the navigation system, etc. Hubby enjoys his bi weekly commute from New York to New Haven, CT. So far, no problem with our car. He loves the way the car drives and enjoys the quietness in the cabin. We wanted an all wheel drive car for the winter time and felt Subaru fits our requirements. We love our legacy!

Get lengthy test drive

by LA Driver from Los Angeles | June 1, 2015

Have had a 2015 Legacy Limited 4cyl for about 3 months; based purchase somewhat on magazine and internet reviews. Make sure you drive this car over every kind of road. Most reviews say the car is very smooth, floating over pot holes! Hardly!! The roads in my area are not well maintained. I feel every ripple, stone, tar strip, hole---everything! The areas with new pavement are fairly smooth if the cement or asphalt was well applied. The good: brake feel is very good, steering is quick and has good feel, noise isolation in interior is good--not perfect, some tire noise, eyesight works very well as does blind back-up alarm if cross-traffic, and blind-spot alarm. Harman Kardon radio is OK but not top tier sound quality (if you like real music.) After about 1200 miles I don't find any use of oil. One major gripe about a minor issue: when you park your car, and turn the engine off, you will have no retained power to any window!! (Come on, Subaru!! A car full of electronics and I can't close the windows!!) The four cylinder is adequate except for fast passing, then you need to plan ahead a bit. Outside the car, the engine sounds somewhat noisy, but it's not noticeable inside. The interior is comfortable and rear leg room is very good. As to reliability, that's an adventure that awaits me. This is my first Subaru. Hope this information will help others make a good choice. If you know of a good window wiring mechanic, let me know!

I like my new 2015 Legacy

by First time subaru owner from Durham, NC | May 18, 2015

2 weeks ago I finally got my Legacy 2015 3.6R limited with Eyesightin system in tungsten color. I had to wait for 10 weeks while this customized car was manufactured. Recently I have committed my first 500 miles round trip and can make some conclusions. Overall I and my wife are very satisfied with our car. It looks gorgeous in tungsten color (in booklet tungsten color does not look so good as compared to real car). 6 cylinders provide enough power. However car does not feel as sporty as our 2006 Accord EX V6. On another hand it provides more quite and comfortable ride (still not like a Lexus, but good enough). Adaptive cruise control works grate and makes long traveling even more relaxing. Some reviewers complained about a wind noise. To my opinion the wind noise is normal. It seems that this issue was related to first produced cars (according to internet research). Fuel economy (with 20-29 mpg expected): I have in town 22 mpg; highways (with activated cruise control) - 30.5 mpg cruising with speed 55 ml/h and 28 mpg at 72 ml/h. I have to note that there are some things in the car that look uncomfortable/inconvenient on one hand, but at the same time they may have a sense from a safety point of view. Firstly: a trunk does not pop-up when trunk button is released. It needs to be lifted physically. It is inconvenient on one hand, on another hand it is secured by strut arms (like a hood) preventing unexpected fall on our heads. Secondly: headrest feels firm and tilted to far forward (as compared to my 2006 Accord). I guess Subaru’s engineers did that on purpose to save our necks in case of accident; however it does not feel so comfortable at least in the beginning. Luckily after 2 weeks of driving I feel that I am adapting to new headrest. And at the end I have an advice to new car buyers: test as more cars as possible (and do not rely on reviews only). I have tested new Accord, Camry and Sonata. They all are good cars with relative advantages and disadvantages. Legacy just better fitted my personal preferences.

Subaru = Poor Quality

by thatran from CA | May 16, 2015

Brand New 2015 Subaru Legacy has terrible wind and road noise. The "premium" sound system is *unbelievably* terrible (Corolla LE sounds system in my rental sounds far superior). Brakes are not very responsive. I'll be trading it in for a better quality car, not necessarily a more expensive car, but a one that's been better quality-tested.

Comfortable and quiet ride!

by subie15 from Boston | May 1, 2015

I have had the legacy for 2 weeks already and I love it. I test drove all of the mid-size category and subaru was the only car that stood out. The ride is the most comfortable in the class with plush interior seats and added comfort on the door handles and arm rest. Most of the other Japanese cars have hard interiors and cheap materials. This car does not.The handling is great and there is limited road noise in the cabin. Also this car is smooth over potholes and other road bumps. I ended up getting the 2.5i base model because it had everything I wanted: HD radio, Bluetooth, Pandora app, backup camera. This is great to have for a base model! The radio on the base model is great even with the 4 speakers instead of 6 on the more expensive models. This is such a great value considering it has all wheel drive! I havent tried it in the snow but I look forward to seeing how it handles. Only con's for me on the car is the trunk is heavy and doesn't pop all the way up which can be tough if you have a lot of groceries. Also the car starts up pretty loud but I don't know if that is just because it is new. This is not the fastest car but it does keep up on the highway. However these are no way deal breakers for me! Great comfort, quiet ride, plenty of room, and a great value. I am a happy customer!

Awesome!

by SuperSal from St. Clairsville, OH | April 24, 2015

My new Legacy is just awesome. Every day I find something else that I love about this car. The icing on the cake is the gas mileage. When we went out of town last weekend, we got over 37 miles per gallon. All of that and all wheel drive too!!

2015 Subaru Legacy

by Joe Bloom from Austin, TX | April 9, 2015

This car has many nice features and is comfortable to drive. The long term reliability rating is the main reason I bought this car.

overview

by Gadget man from north ridgeville, Ohio | March 25, 2015

This car would be ideal with just a little more horse power and a hybrid version. The four wheel drive is excellent as well as the handling of the car.

Excellent car

by Clockman from New Jersey | December 31, 2014

We bought the 2015 Subaru Legacy Premium with the eyesight, rear-view camera, driver-responsive fog lights, heated seats, all-weather package, remote start, etc., etc., etc. Wonderful drive, responsive handling, VERY safe feeling, comfortable, great sound- and infotainment system. All around BEST buy. You must put this car on your test-drive list!