2015 Subaru Legacy

Starting MSRP

Overall

I like my new 2015 Legacy

by First time subaru owner from Durham, NC | May 18, 2015

2 weeks ago I finally got my Legacy 2015 3.6R limited with Eyesightin system in tungsten color. I had to wait for 10 weeks while this customized car was manufactured. Recently I have committed my first 500 miles round trip and can make some conclusions. Overall I and my wife are very satisfied with our car. It looks gorgeous in tungsten color (in booklet tungsten color does not look so good as compared to real car). 6 cylinders provide enough power. However car does not feel as sporty as our 2006 Accord EX V6. On another hand it provides more quite and comfortable ride (still not like a Lexus, but good enough). Adaptive cruise control works grate and makes long traveling even more relaxing. Some reviewers complained about a wind noise. To my opinion the wind noise is normal. It seems that this issue was related to first produced cars (according to internet research). Fuel economy (with 20-29 mpg expected): I have in town 22 mpg; highways (with activated cruise control) - 30.5 mpg cruising with speed 55 ml/h and 28 mpg at 72 ml/h. I have to note that there are some things in the car that look uncomfortable/inconvenient on one hand, but at the same time they may have a sense from a safety point of view. Firstly: a trunk does not pop-up when trunk button is released. It needs to be lifted physically. It is inconvenient on one hand, on another hand it is secured by strut arms (like a hood) preventing unexpected fall on our heads. Secondly: headrest feels firm and tilted to far forward (as compared to my 2006 Accord). I guess Subaru’s engineers did that on purpose to save our necks in case of accident; however it does not feel so comfortable at least in the beginning. Luckily after 2 weeks of driving I feel that I am adapting to new headrest. And at the end I have an advice to new car buyers: test as more cars as possible (and do not rely on reviews only). I have tested new Accord, Camry and Sonata. They all are good cars with relative advantages and disadvantages. Legacy just better fitted my personal preferences.

Subaru = Poor Quality

by thatran from CA | May 16, 2015

Brand New 2015 Subaru Legacy has terrible wind and road noise. The "premium" sound system is *unbelievably* terrible (Corolla LE sounds system in my rental sounds far superior). Brakes are not very responsive. I'll be trading it in for a better quality car, not necessarily a more expensive car, but a one that's been better quality-tested.

Comfortable and quiet ride!

by subie15 from Boston | May 1, 2015

I have had the legacy for 2 weeks already and I love it. I test drove all of the mid-size category and subaru was the only car that stood out. The ride is the most comfortable in the class with plush interior seats and added comfort on the door handles and arm rest. Most of the other Japanese cars have hard interiors and cheap materials. This car does not.The handling is great and there is limited road noise in the cabin. Also this car is smooth over potholes and other road bumps. I ended up getting the 2.5i base model because it had everything I wanted: HD radio, Bluetooth, Pandora app, backup camera. This is great to have for a base model! The radio on the base model is great even with the 4 speakers instead of 6 on the more expensive models. This is such a great value considering it has all wheel drive! I havent tried it in the snow but I look forward to seeing how it handles. Only con's for me on the car is the trunk is heavy and doesn't pop all the way up which can be tough if you have a lot of groceries. Also the car starts up pretty loud but I don't know if that is just because it is new. This is not the fastest car but it does keep up on the highway. However these are no way deal breakers for me! Great comfort, quiet ride, plenty of room, and a great value. I am a happy customer!

Awesome!

by SuperSal from St. Clairsville, OH | April 24, 2015

My new Legacy is just awesome. Every day I find something else that I love about this car. The icing on the cake is the gas mileage. When we went out of town last weekend, we got over 37 miles per gallon. All of that and all wheel drive too!!

2015 Subaru Legacy

by Joe Bloom from Austin, TX | April 9, 2015

This car has many nice features and is comfortable to drive. The long term reliability rating is the main reason I bought this car.

overview

by Gadget man from north ridgeville, Ohio | March 25, 2015

This car would be ideal with just a little more horse power and a hybrid version. The four wheel drive is excellent as well as the handling of the car.

Excellent car

by Clockman from New Jersey | December 31, 2014

We bought the 2015 Subaru Legacy Premium with the eyesight, rear-view camera, driver-responsive fog lights, heated seats, all-weather package, remote start, etc., etc., etc. Wonderful drive, responsive handling, VERY safe feeling, comfortable, great sound- and infotainment system. All around BEST buy. You must put this car on your test-drive list!

Best AWD Sedan for the money

by Research pays off from Central PA | November 21, 2014

I have owned this car for a week now and did a lot of research before I made my purchase. I have a 2015 Legacy 2.5i Limited with most options including eyesight and navigation. The car is comfortable to drive and very well made. My last car was a 2008 Acura TSX, and I was concerned about moving to the Legacy. While not as maneuverable as the TSX, it does a fine job in a normal commute. The technology package is good, but needs to be refined. Some options only work when you are connected to the phone with the cable. Bluetooth does not work with Aha, Pandora or Starlink. Hopefully this gets updated. There is also a delay when selecting some of the options on the screen. I also need to drive for a few minutes to make a call using bluetooth, as the phone synchs to the car, I can't do it as soon as I start the engine. This wasn't the case with the TSX. It appears it synchs the phonebook each time the car starts. I also would like the ability to navigate to a location using the addresses already in the contact list of my phone with the existing GPS, I haven't been able to get this to work. I don't believe it is a feature that was designed to work. I do like the fact that the text messages come in and display on the screen, great feature. You are also supposed to be able to reply with canned messages like "I'm driving, we can talk later", but I can't get this function to work. I am assuming it is my phone model at this point. Navigating through the screens on the display and moving between the radio and GPS takes a few more steps than it should, overall nice work to the user experience team. Overall the technology is "good", it needs some refinement to be great. Fit and finish is great, thank you to the plant team in Indiana for your attention to detail. It is much appreciated. It is as good or better than the TSX. Seats are comfortable, cabin is quiet, controls and indicators are designed well. Ventilation system with automatic temperature control works well. Controls are responsive and setpoint seems accurate. I have enjoyed the same feature I had in my Acura that prevents the heat from coming on, even though it is switched on, before the engine is warm. The seat heaters do take some time to heat up and seem cooler than the ones in my Acura, even on high. They are still warm enough. The engine is fine for me. Acceleration on the highway is good. If you are looking to maximize MPG and need AWD, then this 4 cylinder will be fine for you and exceed your expectations. I also own a 2013 Outback and the refinements to the engine are noticeable. In the Legacy I have averaged 31 mpg. Areas of improvement are few. They would include a small item mentioned in other reviews. The size of the LCD characters for the clock and temperature readout are small and make it difficult to see when you glance down while driving. This is even harder when the temperature control system is on, because it lights up the rest of the display. Another item would be the small storage area where the USB ports are. This area is where you will need to put your phone when plugged in. The other choice is to use the small holder designed to hold the phone upright, close to the gear shifter. I do like this little holder for my phone, but you now have to drive with the door to the USB compartment open and the phone sitting upside down in the holder to use it with the phone plugged in. The phone has to be plugged in to use some of the entertainment features. A small slot in the door of the USB port compartment for the cable to come out would be helpful. A USB port in the armrest console could be another option. My point is that I don't think that compartment was designed to be left open while driving. Really, that's it. Overall I have been very impressed. Thank you to the product management, engineering and manufacturing teams. You have done some excellent work on this project and I hope you are reviewing this thread and passing along the comments to your teams.

2015 Legacy. The only review you need to read.

by Gibbs from Minneapolis MN | November 4, 2014

Probably like a lot of you, I did my fair amount of research on the new Legacy to gather every angle possible before signing my name on the line. We bought the 2015 Legacy Limited in white with tan interior equipped with the 4cyl and just about every option possible excluding the auto dimming side mirrors. So after owning the car for a few months and logging in over 3,000 miles I have come to realize that there are facts and myths about the car. ***Myths*** Excessive wind noise: The only time I've noticed wind noise is while drive down the highway and getting hit with a strong side gust of wind, otherwise quite as can be. The CVT kills the car: The Fact is this transmission is great, best CVT I've ever driven, don't knock it until you try it. In fact you probably wouldn't even know if someone didn't tell you. The benefit is very smooth acceleration. ***Facts*** Luxury: The quality of materials is top notch. Eye Sight: Very impressed with the system, the adaptive cruise control is worth it alone. 4 cylinder motor: I couldn't be anymore impressed with the power and accelerating. I've yet to wish we had the 6cyl. Passing isn't a problem. **Disappointments** There is a few items I need to nitpick.. The seat heaters take forever.... to warm up! The voice assistance is slow to respond and feel its very limited with commands. I hope they update this. Even with the Harmon Kardon stereo you are limited to only adjusting the treble, mid and bass, with no predefined EQ setups. The bass is so profound caution needs to be taken when playing any type of Hip Hopish music. No automatic door locks when car starts driving.. Figured this would be a standard thing now days. **Overall** The driving dynamics are excellent, and I've been overall very pleased. MPG seems to be as advertised. During a road trip doing 80 mph with a hilly road with strong side gust of wind I was only getting around 32-33mpg. Later when driving on country roads doing 60mph I was averaging 41 mpg.

My first brand new car

by New Subaru Fan! from Quebec, CA | September 30, 2014

Great interior! The 2.5 engine work perfectly with the CVT. The look is awesome. Really happy for my first new car.