2015 Subaru Legacy

2015 Subaru Legacy
Available in 4 styles:  2015 Subaru Legacy 4dr Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

2015 Legacy. The only review you need to read.

by Gibbs from Minneapolis MN | November 4, 2014

Probably like a lot of you, I did my fair amount of research on the new Legacy to gather every angle possible before signing my name on the line. We bought the 2015 Legacy Limited in white with tan interior equipped with the 4cyl and just about every option possible excluding the auto dimming side mirrors. So after owning the car for a few months and logging in over 3,000 miles I have come to realize that there are facts and myths about the car. ***Myths*** Excessive wind noise: The only time I've noticed wind noise is while drive down the highway and getting hit with a strong side gust of wind, otherwise quite as can be. The CVT kills the car: The Fact is this transmission is great, best CVT I've ever driven, don't knock it until you try it. In fact you probably wouldn't even know if someone didn't tell you. The benefit is very smooth acceleration. ***Facts*** Luxury: The quality of materials is top notch. Eye Sight: Very impressed with the system, the adaptive cruise control is worth it alone. 4 cylinder motor: I couldn't be anymore impressed with the power and accelerating. I've yet to wish we had the 6cyl. Passing isn't a problem. **Disappointments** There is a few items I need to nitpick.. The seat heaters take forever.... to warm up! The voice assistance is slow to respond and feel its very limited with commands. I hope they update this. Even with the Harmon Kardon stereo you are limited to only adjusting the treble, mid and bass, with no predefined EQ setups. The bass is so profound caution needs to be taken when playing any type of Hip Hopish music. No automatic door locks when car starts driving.. Figured this would be a standard thing now days. **Overall** The driving dynamics are excellent, and I've been overall very pleased. MPG seems to be as advertised. During a road trip doing 80 mph with a hilly road with strong side gust of wind I was only getting around 32-33mpg. Later when driving on country roads doing 60mph I was averaging 41 mpg.

My first brand new car

by New Subaru Fan! from Quebec, CA | September 30, 2014

Great interior! The 2.5 engine work perfectly with the CVT. The look is awesome. Really happy for my first new car.

First new car ever.

by Wow from Grand Rapids, MN | September 21, 2014

The dealership was wonderful to work with. Answered all our questions, test drive, and financing. Very happy with the car. Lots of electronic featured that needed to be experienced. Especially like the backing out display.

IN LOVE with my LEGACY

by Back Road Hill Climber from Upstate NY from Cortland, NY | August 28, 2014

2015 Legacy 2.5i Premium Carbide Gray. This is my third Subaru and my first sedan. I have been looking at this car since news of it's redesign hit the media. I have over 1000 miles on it already in a 1.5 weeks. My test drives didn't do the car justice as they were short and involved checking out the new tech more than anything else. The day I picked it up from the dealer I was kind of worried since I was trading in a 2013 Kia Sorento that had been a great car except the AWD was severely lacking. I NEED a good AWD system in the winter just to make it up my 600ft uphill driveway and I drive early in the mornings when the snow plows haven't got to the back roads yet. The design is sharp without being in your face. It catches the eyes of the young with the LED wrap around eyebrows. The new aggressive look and sweeping lines blend seamlessly without being too faddish. The 17" alloy wheels have wheel weights on the inside: this avoids corrosion on the outside of the alloy wheels in the future. Nice feature for a car to have. The finish of the car is excellent and after a hand wash and wax job, I am happy to report no flaws on panel line ups and trim application. ( this was not so on previous new car vehicles I have purchased). The interior is outstanding. The seats are comfortable and plush... like driving an plush recliner down the high way. The new infotainment system is stellar and I just LOVE the split screen features that allow you to preset contacts that can be called by ONE BUTTON touch only! No fumbling or voice activated dribble unless you want it. Now on to driving. This car handles like it is on RAILS. I haven't driven a car that handles this nice since my 1985 Jaguar XJ-S ( v12 luxury touring). it stays in it's lane while the jerk behind me is all over the road trying to catch me, lol... so much for riding my bumper. It handles 75 mph on the freeway effortlessly. It is quiet until you press down on the accelerator, it's throttle response is immediate and a low growl can be heard that is pleasing without being annoying. The CVT makes power transfer to be almost smooth less a lot of lurches. Better than the Kia's. The new larger brakes are wonderful and stopping time is Good. I am also happy to report an average fuel economy of 32 MPG. That is 550 miles a tank ( without being wimpy on the throttle.) That is awesome for the number of hills I climb daily!

2015 Subaru Legacy

by Love my Subaru from Lone Tree, CO | August 27, 2014

I recently bought the new 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R. I LOVE THIS CAR!! It is really fun to drive and has lots of fun gadgets that I'm sure I'll be learning about for some time. This is my third Legacy and I bought it from Kenny Yeung at Groove Subaru. Kenny is the best, I met him when I bought my second Legacy and when I was ready for this one, I called his old dealership only to find that he had left. Luckily I found him at Groove, a dealership which my husband and I both really liked. What I love about Kenny is his enthusiasm and his willingness to help with anything I need - even after I bought the car (both of them!). I highly suggest buying from Groove Subaru and HIGHLY recommend Kenny Yeung!!!

I bought this vehicle and Love it!!!

by Marcia from Oswego, New York | August 23, 2014

After many hours of research I decided on this vehicle and now after driving it I am so glad I bought it. I went to Romano Subaru in Syracuse NY and my experience was very professional but personal at the same time. It all started with their on line Elizabeth down to walking in and being treated very well. Our salesperson Ben was very knowledgeable and friendly. Hats off to Romano for just a good staff !!! I Love the way my car handles and the get up a go it has for a 4 cylinder . I am still learning new things about it since it is only a week old but loving it.

The Queen's Inheritance

by Legacy Lover from Grants Pass, Oregon | August 23, 2014

This car is absolutely the most enjoyable, exciting, comfortable, well engineered and best looking car on the road. I have had five Subarus, two of which have been Legacys. There are no words to explain how much I love this car. I feel well protected being surrounded by the Legacy whether on the freeway, city streets, hills or mountains. I ask her to do whatever and she responds. Fantastic vehicle.

First Subaru and LOVE it

by MN Hammer from St Paul, MN | August 2, 2014

I traded in my 09 TSX for an 2015 AWD Legacy and so far I love it. Gave it 4 stars only because it doesn't have a ton of power and exterior styling could be better but other than that this is a great car. Inside tech is top notch and touch screen is awesome. I got the Limited with push button start, Harmon Karden (sounds amazing), blind spot monitoring, sunroof and I don't have any complaints. Leather interior is exceptional and only issue is lumbar support's a bit much, even at the lowest setting, but it's still ok and was probably done so as it wears it still has support. (I could also be a little sensitive to it though because my Acura had barely any support.) Handling is excellent and steering is so smooth it makes my Acura seem like I was driving a truck. Road noise is very good and I think Subaru really went the extra mile to compete with Toyota Camry and Nissan Altima, which in an area with snow isn't even a comparison because you can get AWD and more interior room for a better price than either of those competitors. I actually think the Legacy could compete with an Avalon or Azera rather easily. Wasn't sure I'd ever drive a Subaru but glad I tried it because for the money nothing compares and I test drove Mazda, Nissan and Acura.