See Also: 2003 Subaru Outback

2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Available in 1 styles:  2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Station Wagon shown

21 city / 27 hwy

Overall

Solid all season awd car

by sam from Mpls, MN | July 5, 2016

I have the Vdc model. The AWD and Vdc system work great!! Great in snow. Can do Mild off-roading with ease. Rimless window noise is present, but can be shimed. Mine has new Struts all the way around, so rides firm. Takes highspeed turns without bodyroll or tire slip. The 200+hp engine does not jump, but is smooth enough to pass 80MPH and not really notice your speeding. Mileage is varied,...i get combined 23MPG, 70% highway, If driving Offroad, hard and fast, about 16-18MPG. I have 270,000 miles on mine,...If you take great care of this car, it will last a very long time. You will have rust by rear wheels, The Windows do make noise, The 4cyl may have a head gasket problem, The 6cyl feels underpowered, but,... Very safe, parts not hard to find, not a bugeye,lol, holds value if you take care of it, The Awd system is 25% power to each axle, untill one losses power. You only need to grab with one wheel to move, Great first car!!!!!

The perfect car

by Anonymous from Bozeman, MT | July 30, 2013

Cars.com helped to find the perfect car. I was able to limit my search to the general area, to the price and to the make and model I was looking for. Through them, I found a wonderful dealership that had not one, but two cars that fit my needs. Cars.com was essential in finding the car I needed in the time I had, since I lost my old car in a car crash.

Great Car for money

by Ester from | January 28, 2013

The car is what I came for not so concerned about service, but they were nice and very accomodating. I hope to have this car for a very long time!

almost feels new

by Love a smaller car that has it all from Southwestern PA | March 27, 2012

LL Bean addition has amazing features that I would never have been able to afford in a new car. Very smooth ride, shifts seamlessly. Everything works great and the engine has lots of power to get me up the big hills where I live. The subwoffer adds amazing depth to the music. Love the 2 sunroof windows. It's nice to set the temperature and just have the car decide if it needs the air conditioning or the heat. Looking forward to using the heated seats and the AWD next winter. Plenty of room for 2 backseat passengers, honestly I don't see how the 3rd person would fit. Lots of cargo room.

03 subaru outback wagon

by henry from colorado | March 27, 2012

not much to say - you see them EVERY WHERE and for good reason - they are safe, dependable and if well maintained will get over 200,000 miles - only downside is that with all wheel drive they only get about 21 mpg in the city but still better than a big SUV - and hence great in the snow

Issues

by Paul from | December 19, 2011

Dont be fooled by the price of this car. The car drives like a truck and the gas mileage is bad. I took it for a long drive and I was not impressed. the steering wheel vibrates, the wheel makes a noise while driving too.

Happy so far

by dog mom from Lionville PA | May 31, 2011

Just got this car at the end of winter, so I haven't gotten to test the AWD yet, but I'm hoping it'll get me where I need to go. The wagon is a little smaller than my previous Buick Century wagons, but all my dog show stuff fit in with a little manuevering. I would change two things about the wagon part that I had in my Buicks - the choice to open just the top half (glass) of wagon door so I don't always have to lift the whole heavy door, and vent windows in the back that open for air flow through the back. Otherwise, I like the design - although the seat heaters do occasionally get turned on by accident. When I got the car everyone told me what good cars they are and how much they liked them if they had had one, so I felt assured that I had made a good choice. Like the higher ground clearance too. The gas milage in the 4 cyl. isn't any better than my 6 cyl. Buicks, but I guess that's because of the AWD. I do need that in the snow to get up some back roads I use.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great car, loud windows

by Dog hauler from Hampton Roads, VA | April 4, 2011

I really like this car, and am the only owner. I noticed a drop in fuel efficiency when ethanol was introduced, but I imagine that is standard across car lines. The interior is well apportioned, and my only complaint, and the thing that will keep me from purchasing a 3rd Outback, is the noise created by the rimless windows.

Love this vehicle!

by Bad weather lover from Augusta, ME | February 20, 2011

I own the outback sedan v6. Love this car! has good power, great handling and an absolute beast driving in snow! never slip! The cab can be a little small height-wise because of the moon roof...but thats because I'm a taller guy at 6'2. I highly reccomend this car to anyone in areas with different weather driving. Had it for 2 years now.

Pretty nice so far

by Youth Pastor Up North from Minot, ND | September 3, 2010

I bought the car used with about 115,000 miles on it and I really enjoy driving it. Pros: great ride, incredible power (H6 motor), nice all wheel drive, great list of standard features, very roomy for its size, great sound system. Cons: the front windows make noise at speeds above 60 mph and the gas mileage is not quite as high as I was hoping (20 city/26 highway). Granted I've only had it a few months but so far this seems to be a great car and people keep telling me how reliable it will be. I love it and my wife sometimes even prefers driving it over her loaded Toyota 4Runner.

Featured Services for this Subaru Impreza Outback Sport