See Also: 2006 Subaru Outback

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Available in 1 styles:  2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Station Wagon shown

22 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Good valve for the price

by qv driver from Smithtown, NY | October 30, 2013

I purchased a used Outback from Competition Subaru about a month ago. The car was quite clean and excellent visual and running condition. Competition had gone over the car either just before or after trade in. The first week I took it on a 500 mile run. The car averaged in the low 30s mpg at 75 mph and around town I average mid-20s. A little more oomph would be nice but as it is tolerable. Competition group are good people to deal with and took care of an airbag sensor immediately. All and all a good purchase.

2006 Subaru Outback

by TomN from West Milford, NJ | October 16, 2013

I purchased a used 2006 Subaru Outback several weeks ago, after looking at older models and deciding to buy something with some hope of minimal repairs. This purchase has met all my expectations, and then some. It is extremely comfortable and looks new. I wish it had the gas mileage of my old Toyota Corolla, but since it's so much heavier and larger, 28 mpg is very reasonable. It's very well made.

Dream Car

by Internet Shopper from ABQ NM | December 10, 2012

Absolutely beyond my wildest dreams! Always wanted one, found very low mileage, great condition car -- it is loaded w/ features and I couldn't be happier. Drives great and I'll be able to do the off road things I want to do plus the city fun I enjoy as well. Perfect!

Unbelievable winter machine

by Sweeps from Ontario, Canada | October 10, 2012

My wife and I bought her 2006 Outback 2 years ago to replace a Toyota Yaris (Which was great, just too small). I cannot believe how good this car is in the winter (I always use 4 snow tires). It is simply unstoppable. I've driven lots of vehicles, and this car is the best vehicle I've ever used in the snow. We bought it with 127,000km, and now has 159,000km. No issues so far. If I had to make a complaint, it would be that it needs a 5th gear on the highway (Although it's still really quiet). I don't know why anyone would buy an SUV over one of these. It has the same cargo capacity (even more than some SUV's) handles better on the road, and is better in the snow. It's a great all around vehicle.

A car you should own

by CivicDXCruzeS10Outback2006TrackerOutback2004Eqnox from Annandale, VA | June 16, 2012

The car never has any problems. it's our travel car. Never broken down. No engine or break problems. Just two things-you can't play your iPod, iPhone, or iPad music, and leather seating is awful (not anything against the car). If you don't care about these things you should buy it.

Great cr

by CToutback7 from Manchester, CT | February 13, 2012

I was looking for Subaru outback and, I found a 2006 Subaru Outback with only 19,443 miles through Cars.Com. The car is perfect for our life style, can carry the kayaks, the mountain bikes and is great for the fire roads throughout New England. The car is comfortable on long drives, has ample power and is incredible in the snow, (with the right tires). The Outback holds more luggage than the full size SUV we had. This is our 6th Outback and there isn't anything I can think of that I don't like about the car. Thanks Cars.Com!

great price

by family car from Md | February 13, 2012

Love this car! Will buy another one in 10 months! My husband likes this car. So I will give him this one and buy another later in the year. Hope to buy from the same dealer.they were Great!

Excellent all-purpose car

by 2012 car fan from | November 28, 2011

2 years ago, I bought a new 2010 Subaru Outback. But my wife and I both like the older model. Last August, we finally got a 2006 Outback for my wife to drive. It had 40K miles at the time we bought, run well in test drives. The 2006 Subaru Outback has the right size for city driving. It is stylish, and solid built. While not a performance car, it has enough power to dash on the high way. I hope Subaru can bring back the old model (2005-2009), it can fit under a different line, Legacy or Impreza.

Another good car from Subaru

by Michael from Boulder, CO | November 2, 2010

I sold a 2001 Subaru Outback with 139K miles and bought an '06 with 39K. Major comfort difference, with more seat adjustment and leather seats. It seems to have more pep, even though it has the basic 2.5 engine, and yet I get three mpg better overall. With four studded snows, there isn't a more appropriate vehicle for a skier living in Colorado, as I am.

Not Your Father's Station Wagon

by Joe San Diego from San Diego, Ca | April 23, 2010

I bought the 2006 Subaru Outback X/T Limited wagon to satisfy my midlife crisis. It was only the second new car I ever bought in my life, and might be my last. It has the 2.5 L turbo charged engine and I bought it with the 5 Speed manual transmission, and it is the best performing car I have owned. (I also owned a 1969 Dodge Charger SE/RT with a 440 and a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am with a 455, so I'm not comparing this car to Geos.) It also gets much better gas mileage than either of those two. The combination of Torque (about 250 Ft-lbs) and all wheel drive make it a pleasure to drive. What's more it comfortable, roomy and reliable. I haven't had any maintenance/repair problems in 4 years and 74,000 miles, and have owned other Subarus that I have put over 200,000 plus miles on, so I don't expect any. The only bad thing I can say about the car is that it goes through tires, and since it is AWD, you have to buy all four tires at a time. That can get pricy when you are buying Michelins.