2009 Subaru Outback

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Another Great Subaru- Feeling the Love

by Subaru Mom-muu Doggie Wagon a Go-Go! from Mounty | July 17, 2013

Once you go Subaru, you never go back. I live in an area where every other car is a Subaru. The reason? Great car all around. Nice size wagon for road trips, groceries, doggies, plants and the occasional Ikea shopping trip. Looks sporty. Excellent size for SF parking and zipping around. Comfortable, peppy, handles well and fun to drive. Great visibility and it feels solid on the road. Can't stand all of those bloated cross-over mini-van-SUV-wagon-wanta-be-luxury-fat cars that clog up the parking lots at Trader Joe's by going over the white lines in the parking lot. My dogs and I love our Subaru!

Great Family Car

by theroys88 from Midlothian, VA | December 13, 2012

Recently bought an 09 Outback with 33k miles. It was an off lease. Great drive, fits all of our stuff and our high school senior thinks its cool. The safety features give us comfort when he is out driving by himself. Will have to update our review after we have owned it longer. But as of now, we are thrilled with our Outback!

nice car

by Mrs. reliabal from california los angeles | March 2, 2012

This thing is super safe.I was driving it one time and I got T-boned right in the back door.This sent the right up intoo the air. I walked away with only a few cuts.It is also very reliabal . If need a reliabal car than subaru is yours.An example of a non reliabal is like a chevy.

Great car

by Subarumike from Waterbury, ct | February 16, 2012

I love the turbo XT Outback. Plenty of power, room and features. And I like the confidence that AWD gives in bad weather. The only issueis the gas mileage. It is OK for an SUV. But I bought this because I don't like SUV's and I was hoping for a little better mileage than 21-22 mpg on the highway. Of course, that is usually at about 80 mph.

New to me 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5XT LTD

by Wyiauta from Texas | January 23, 2012

Found the car at a Subaru Dealership in AZ with only 16K on the ODO. It was exactly what I was looking for. After about six weeks and about 2500 miles I'm very happy with my purchase. Thanks, Cars.com.

Subie Fan

by Juju from San Diego, CA | October 4, 2011

My last Subaru saved my life! I was T-boned on the passenger side by a distracted driver going 45 mph and the exterior caved in only 6 inches. The car was totaled but I just got a bit shaken up. I moved up to an '09 Outback Limited last week and couldn't be happier. They are hard to find but worth the search. I prefer this model to the newer ones for the higher safety ratings and the exterior design...classic!

2009 Outback

by JHH from | April 11, 2011

I have hadSubarus for years, and when I decided to give my 2004 Outback to my daughter, my wife and I looked at the 2010 Outback body style , and it was just too big for our tasteds. The previous generation Outback was just right, so we bought a 2009 with 8000 miles for a great deal through Cars.com. We love it!!

Outback ROCKS!

by tiger1 from Denver, CO | March 9, 2011

Am just in love with this vehicle. I have owned now for near a year and love the way it drives in snow while still getting incredible gas mileage for what it is.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2009 Outback

by Noanker from Noank, CT | November 26, 2010

Bought my 4th Subaru a few months back - get sale - no pressure. The car was a dealer loaner, so it was well broken in, very low milage - essentially just like new. The car has done great so far, and looks to be just as well performing as my 2006 Outback has been! Only down checks is the inside comfort - it's overall just fine, but could use a little more room in the drivers seat if you are over 6 foot tall.

Exceeds expectations

by All weather driver from New England | June 15, 2010

Coming off of a BMW I didn't expect to be so delighted with handling and driveability. At half the price of replacing my bimmer I'm pleased.

Featured Services for this Subaru Outback