2014 Subaru Outback

Starting MSRP

Overall

arthur

by maz from swampscott MA. | September 8, 2014

runs very smoothly both mechanically and over different road condition. plenty off room for passengers and runs fairly quiet for a wagon.

Great car

by George from Blairsville ga | July 18, 2014

Very pleased Feel very safe Turns on a dime Very accessible and easy on back to get in and out of any seat

Right car for the times!!!

by So Practical from Youngstown Ohio | July 8, 2014

Subaru Outback Limited.Most bells and whistles. Power everything , heated seats moon roof etc. Attractive exterior design with smart features like the roof rack pulls across when needed for minimal wind resistance. Storage cabinet for cargo cover. First trip got over 30 miles /gal. Very comfortable interior. Electronics a little more difficult than I'm used to i.e. Bluetooth-extra step required. 4 cylinder leaves a little to be desired but that's the trade off for fuel economy. Handling on straight away ok sways a little through turns braking not as responsive as I would like. Overall for the money a really nice car. Have not driven the AWD in the snow yet but expecting great things.

2014 Outback Steering Wheel Vibration

by JP from Binghamton | June 26, 2014

Purchased 2014 outback last month. The steering wheel vibrates and flutters while turning. The vehicle has been at the dealer for two out of the four weeks since purchase. The Service Manager: Mike Savage (607) 341-3963 stated this is the way the car was designed and not a issue. The vehicle does not seem safe to drive and we are looking to trade. He said that all 2014 Subaru Outbacks have the flutter while turning. I would avoid this car. Google outback shake and you will see plenty of supporting data. Regards, JP

Great car! Love it!

by FrizzyMoto from Florida | June 17, 2014

At first I thought this is a wagon.....but after driving it...thought it was an amazing vehicle full of value. The safety ratings alone sold me! Mastro Subaru is awesome and so was my internet sales rep Andrea. She is the perfect person to deal with. Professional and polite! Two things you do not usually see when buying a car!

back to first love after a volvo

by juncie from Yonkers, New York | June 2, 2014

The first cars I owned were subarus. When I moved on each car had over 200,000 miles and were still running good. I leased a volvo for 10yrs. (High Maint.) When I was ready to purchase I came back to my first love the Subaru. Overall I am satisfied with the outback. I did notice a very loud noise from the engine when driving up steep hills. I wish the eyesight package had included the blind eye spot dector. Overall a very reliability car. And I am seeing more and more subarus on the road than ever. Someone has got the message! Love your subaru

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by First Time Subaru Buyer from Salem, AL | May 31, 2014

I purchased my 2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i about a month and a half ago, in the middle of April. I've since put almost 3500 miles on it (I travel a lot for work), and have found nary a complaint! I bought the base model unit with the slightly upgraded package that included the all-weather rubber floor mats, the rearview mirror electronic compass, fog lights, and the mud guards on the rear bumper and behind the tires - well worth the additional $500! I would have paid that price for the rubber floor mats themselves, which have been an absolute breeze to clean and maintain. The all time AWD has been a God-send. There's a road in my area where water pools on either side during a storm to the point where cars can't drive in that lane at all without hydroplaning. The first serious rainstorm we had, I decided to see how the AWD would handle the puddles, and it was a breeze. All fours tires stayed firmly on the road, and my husband said even his 4WD Ford truck can't do that! There's plenty of cargo room, which is great for trips. I'm averaging 28.5 MPG after nearly 3500 miles, and I do mostly highway driving. People seem to complain about the 2.5 litre engine and say it doesn't have enough power, but I traded up from a 1.6 litre Nissan Versa that I bought new in 2012, and the 2.5 litre in the Outback is a million times better than the Versa. I also seem to be spending less money overall on gas. In the Versa I was spending about $30/week to fill up, for about $120/mo on gas. In the Outback, I'm spending about $50 biweekly, for about $100/mo on gas, even though I was getting close to 40 MPG in the Versa. I've driven many cars over the years, to include an Acura, two Nissans, a Jeep, a Ford truck, and several different styles of Mazda, and the Subaru Outback is without a doubt, without competition, the best of them all. I'm a Subaru buyer for life now!

The Just Right Car

by Love my car from Dallas, TX | May 25, 2014

Not quite an SUV but has all the qualities of a smooth ride even on a bumpy road - And yet classy enough to drive to a five star restaurant. Subaru Outback does not disappoint. The gas mileage has been very good - I'm getting around 25-27 mpg - lots of 60-40 hwy mix.

Great car for the money

by Subaru Outback from West Dundee, illinois | May 25, 2014

We have owned this for three weeks. We purchased the dark gray with the black cloth interior with the premium package. So far, very satisfied. Averaging 24 mpg in the city. Handles great, looks great. The only thing I did after market was to have the windows tinted which really made the outback stand out. The tint installer commented on how good it looks with the tints. Can't beat this vehicle for safety, AWD and their boxer engine. Smooth ride, quiet. The CVT transmission makes for a smooth ride.

Love This Car

by Needed a wagon from Stephentown, NY | May 24, 2014

I am rather fussy about a car and how it looks, handles and if it meets my needs. I have friends who have Subaru Outbacks and I was very impressed with the cars. I went to a dealership near me and I did a test drive and was very impressed. The ride is very smooth, I loved the all wheel drive - I live in a snow belt - the car looked great and the color was perfect. It drives like a dream, holds the road in bad weather, has heated seats, heated side mirrors and heated windshield wipers. I got a very good deal and bought it then and there and have not had one regret. Roomy, fits my needs and looks great too. I also liked the hands free cell phone system, the satellite radio, the fact when I put it in cruise control it holds the speed when going downhill - just a great car and for me it was a terrific purchase.