2015 Subaru Outback

2015 Subaru Outback
Available in 4 styles:  2015 Subaru Outback 4dr AWD Wagon shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

I can see why people swear by Subarus

by Paul from Riverside County, CA | March 2, 2015

This car is amazing! Love it on the snow, rain and any weather - have never felt safer. Very practical inside and out, we went with the premium model because the limited model had too many things we didn't want (sunroof, leather, power lift gate) and we love it. All of knobs/buttons, levers are all positioned very logically/naturally. Albeit the outback is not feature packed like a lot of other cars you can get, you do get everything you need and then some (back up camera, heated seats, Bluetooth connectivity) My wife and I took it to the snowy mountains (while the snow was falling) and had an amazing time. Didn't have snow chains on (all weather tires) - and I was more in control that most cars on the road with chains on. Car just grips wet, snowy and icy roads like no other. I'm amazed with it - didn't think it was possible. Heater works wonders, visibility is wonderful, I really did feel in control while driving this thing - especially in snow!

2015 subout

by duke from eau claire | February 3, 2015

very disappointed. seats are no better than a park bench CVT is jerky mileage is down 9 mpg from listed mileage

2015 Outback Limited

by David Happy Times from Sacramenro CA | January 29, 2015

Great car. Only issue not a very friendly car for a DIY person. No place to use a floor jack on the car, nearly impossible to change spark plugs. I just think it is another way to line the dealers pockets. MirrorLink does not work. Subaru should have taken a look at what Toyota did with their info system

So Far So Good

by Reliability Shopper from Phelan, CA | January 7, 2015

While I have't had the vehicle long enough to evaluate its long term reliability, it lives up to its reviews in all other respects. Before buying this vehicle, I studied the reviews from 8-10 well respected sources and the vehicle is "as advertised".

Very satisfactory automobile

by Vic from New York City | January 5, 2015

Have owned the Outback since December 21, '14. Generally I can say we are most pleased in all categories save for the Eye Sight system which is a bit complex and difficult to get familiarized with. The highway performance is excellent (interim - 34 mpg). One needs to allocate several days to read and fully understand their huge encyclopedic owners manual. I also note the absence of radar detector/warnings on both the front and rear pumpers. My previopus car, an Escape had them and they were truly helpful. Vic

Poor electronics

by Jim L. from DuPont, WA | January 1, 2015

I just purchased a 2015 Outback with EyeSight and voice activated Nav. I feel I was misled from the dealer as the voice activated Nav is a joke. You cannot search by name, only by category of which there are only four and it doesn't really do a search other than a proximity of hotels/gas/parking or restaurants close to you. You cannot specify at all. Also the voice address function is very poor. I do a lot of public speaking and the Nav cannot even get the right state most times, not to mention city or street. Also if you are like me and like to use your bluetooth - when you turn off the engine the bluetooth also turns off. This is the only car I have owned that ever did that. They do a great job touting all of the advancements with their infotainment system, unfortunately they don't deliver and have of what they promise. This is my families 5th Subaru and I have never been disappointed like this before. I feel like I have been taken advantage of from the descriptions they gave. If you don't go with the Voice Nav then you probably will be fine, but this option is horribly overpriced for what it provides. The car does ride well and mechanically seems very sound. I am surprised with the new mileage claim which was higher than my 2010 was supposed to get and I am 2-3 mpg of my old Subaru.

My 8th Outback Since 1985

by DurangoTodd from Durango, Colorado | December 29, 2014

This is my 8th Outback, and I have to say it is by far the nicest, quietest, and smoothest Outback yet! What can I say other than I am sure I will love this car as much as as I have loved my past ones. I do have one major issue with my new 2015 Outback, something that 90% of the owners will never consider, much less utilize. The roof rack on my 2015 Outback is the worst designed rack in the history of mankind. I live in Colorado, and I haul a lot of gear, all the time. From mountain bikes to canoes, to skis, to a Yakima Skybox, I am consWith my new Outback, I am only able to place 2 bikes on the rack, or one bike and a skybox, or one bike and one canoe, or 4 skis alone. My other Outbacks allowed me to put 4 bikes and a skybox at the same time, this car is a huge failure on my beloved Subaru…….. The distance in-between the inside of the rails is just too narrow, and you do not have any options to extend the rails beyond the bulky rail system thus allowing you to add more rail room. My only option is to take my new Outback to a body shop and have them remove the entire railing system, attach mounting points for the base (or feet), and repaint the top of the car. This will cost over $2,000 to convert my Outback from a city car, to a Colorado gear hauler. This is the ONLY complaint I have. I now have over 5,000 miles on my Outback, I drove it from New Jersey (where I purchased it) to Colorado, and it has not missed one beat. I even drove 350 miles on black ice, snow packed roads over 3 passes, and it didn't slip, slide, or give me any problems. The only problem was passing all the "tourist" clogging up the road!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

This is number 7,never a problem with any car.

by Flint from Boardman,Ohio | December 26, 2014

Excellent car,but could use more power.Clock and outside temperature too small,diffcult to read. Excellent value for the dollar.Eyesight is a real saftey and saves on insurance costs.

Best car I've ever owned.

by Jwep from Jacksonville, fl | December 22, 2014

Quieter, smoother ride, and better acceleration than my 2010 model. And Eyesight! All you have to do is steer the dang thing. Remarkably easy to drive! Also has the blind spot detection system which is excellent. Only bad thing is the glove box is a little smaller. Had to throw away a bunch of ketchup packets.

First TIme Owner

by Baru from New Jersey | December 22, 2014

I am overly impressed with the 2015 Outback. This car will be used for work as well as outdoor activities - fishing, hiking, etc. The interior is more than expected and the features are excellent. Love the touch screen map and controls. One complaint, light up the volume and station control knobs so the passenger see it at night and play with it. My second complaint would have been the wait time for delivery. I would have been going crazy waiting for 12 plus weeks. I was fortunate a loaded Outback came in from another dealership. Negotiated deal on Saturday, drove out on Monday.