2015 Subaru Outback

Starting MSRP

Overall

So Far So Good

by Reliability Shopper from Phelan, CA | January 7, 2015

While I have't had the vehicle long enough to evaluate its long term reliability, it lives up to its reviews in all other respects. Before buying this vehicle, I studied the reviews from 8-10 well respected sources and the vehicle is "as advertised".

Very satisfactory automobile

by Vic from New York City | January 5, 2015

Have owned the Outback since December 21, '14. Generally I can say we are most pleased in all categories save for the Eye Sight system which is a bit complex and difficult to get familiarized with. The highway performance is excellent (interim - 34 mpg). One needs to allocate several days to read and fully understand their huge encyclopedic owners manual. I also note the absence of radar detector/warnings on both the front and rear pumpers. My previopus car, an Escape had them and they were truly helpful. Vic

Poor electronics

by Jim L. from DuPont, WA | January 1, 2015

I just purchased a 2015 Outback with EyeSight and voice activated Nav. I feel I was misled from the dealer as the voice activated Nav is a joke. You cannot search by name, only by category of which there are only four and it doesn't really do a search other than a proximity of hotels/gas/parking or restaurants close to you. You cannot specify at all. Also the voice address function is very poor. I do a lot of public speaking and the Nav cannot even get the right state most times, not to mention city or street. Also if you are like me and like to use your bluetooth - when you turn off the engine the bluetooth also turns off. This is the only car I have owned that ever did that. They do a great job touting all of the advancements with their infotainment system, unfortunately they don't deliver and have of what they promise. This is my families 5th Subaru and I have never been disappointed like this before. I feel like I have been taken advantage of from the descriptions they gave. If you don't go with the Voice Nav then you probably will be fine, but this option is horribly overpriced for what it provides. The car does ride well and mechanically seems very sound. I am surprised with the new mileage claim which was higher than my 2010 was supposed to get and I am 2-3 mpg of my old Subaru.

My 8th Outback Since 1985

by DurangoTodd from Durango, Colorado | December 29, 2014

This is my 8th Outback, and I have to say it is by far the nicest, quietest, and smoothest Outback yet! What can I say other than I am sure I will love this car as much as as I have loved my past ones. I do have one major issue with my new 2015 Outback, something that 90% of the owners will never consider, much less utilize. The roof rack on my 2015 Outback is the worst designed rack in the history of mankind. I live in Colorado, and I haul a lot of gear, all the time. From mountain bikes to canoes, to skis, to a Yakima Skybox, I am consWith my new Outback, I am only able to place 2 bikes on the rack, or one bike and a skybox, or one bike and one canoe, or 4 skis alone. My other Outbacks allowed me to put 4 bikes and a skybox at the same time, this car is a huge failure on my beloved Subaru…….. The distance in-between the inside of the rails is just too narrow, and you do not have any options to extend the rails beyond the bulky rail system thus allowing you to add more rail room. My only option is to take my new Outback to a body shop and have them remove the entire railing system, attach mounting points for the base (or feet), and repaint the top of the car. This will cost over $2,000 to convert my Outback from a city car, to a Colorado gear hauler. This is the ONLY complaint I have. I now have over 5,000 miles on my Outback, I drove it from New Jersey (where I purchased it) to Colorado, and it has not missed one beat. I even drove 350 miles on black ice, snow packed roads over 3 passes, and it didn't slip, slide, or give me any problems. The only problem was passing all the "tourist" clogging up the road!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

This is number 7,never a problem with any car.

by Flint from Boardman,Ohio | December 26, 2014

Excellent car,but could use more power.Clock and outside temperature too small,diffcult to read. Excellent value for the dollar.Eyesight is a real saftey and saves on insurance costs.

Best car I've ever owned.

by Jwep from Jacksonville, fl | December 22, 2014

Quieter, smoother ride, and better acceleration than my 2010 model. And Eyesight! All you have to do is steer the dang thing. Remarkably easy to drive! Also has the blind spot detection system which is excellent. Only bad thing is the glove box is a little smaller. Had to throw away a bunch of ketchup packets.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

First TIme Owner

by Baru from New Jersey | December 22, 2014

I am overly impressed with the 2015 Outback. This car will be used for work as well as outdoor activities - fishing, hiking, etc. The interior is more than expected and the features are excellent. Love the touch screen map and controls. One complaint, light up the volume and station control knobs so the passenger see it at night and play with it. My second complaint would have been the wait time for delivery. I would have been going crazy waiting for 12 plus weeks. I was fortunate a loaded Outback came in from another dealership. Negotiated deal on Saturday, drove out on Monday.

Rattles, rattles, and more rattles

by BusyMama from Motor City | December 20, 2014

I've had my 2015 Outback for just over 4 months now. There are several rattles that Subaru can't seem to fix - one of which they don't seem interested in fixing at all (the seatbelt adjusters vibrate no matter what height they are at). I've had the car in 3 times already and will be scheduling yet another appointment ASAP. The car is fairly peppy for being a 4 cyl. Okay space inside but not much in terms of interior storage. Also, only 2 decent sized cup holder if the car has 5 people in it. The door "cup holders" barely get a standard sized disposable water bottle in them. The heated seats are very nice and warm up quickly. I cannot recommend this vehicle until/unless Subaru fixes the rattles. I didn't buy a new car for it to make more sounds than the 10 year old minivan I traded it for made. In fact, right now I really regret trading my old car in for this one.

good so far

by ramcat from southwest pa | December 20, 2014

Seems good. We only have 300 miles on it. Have not had a chance to drive it in the snow. Drive greT in the mountains.

Great vehicle but disappointing fuel mileage

by RandiRN from southern NJ | December 18, 2014

I took delivery of my 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I traded in my 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. The Suzuki was just using way too much fuel for my daily round trip commute of 15 miles. I was hoping that the Outback would deliver much better mileage. The Suzuki had a 185hp V-6 and the Subaru has a 175hp 4cyl. Today I filled the fuel tank for the second time since I own the vehicle. In combined city/highway I am only getting about 20mpg. I am hoping that after the engine breaks in it will get better. I have about 400 miles on the vehicle. Needless to say I am disappointed. I will also admit I tend to drive the vehicle hard. I don't abuse it, but I accelerate quickly. I also tend to drive at 70-80 mph on the interstate. I am still not convinced the engine is only a 4cyl. The total impression I have is that this is one terrific vehicle.