2015 Subaru Outback

Starting MSRP

Overall

My 11th Subaru

by loyal subaru owner from Spokane, Washington | April 27, 2015

The new eyesight and driver assistance package is really great. It makes me a better driver! This is my 11th Subaru and for snow up here in Spokane, you really can't beat a Subaru. Working with Autonation in Spokane, Valley is a pleasant experience. My salesman, Keith Moors, takes the time to explain all the new technology, and provides a pleasant atmosphere for purchase. Already planning on another purchase there. For safety, reliability, service, and trade in value, you can't beat a Subaru. They hold there value!

Band New

by TD from Irvine, CA | April 20, 2015

This car is less than a month old, so I really can't review much. The ONE negative thing I have is that you can get your fingers cought under the plastic cover below the radio/nav system. My adult daughter could not open the push door. A phone charging cord got pinched in the hinge. She injured her fingers opening the compartment.

2015 3.6R

by Mike from NEPA from North East PA | April 17, 2015

Based on my Personal experience I have observed the following: Infotainment system: The System is clean and sounds great. I may offend, but anyone who really knows audio knows Harmon Kardon provides very good sound quality, bose can't compare. Depending on its mood, the media system can be slow to react to your inputs (i.e. volume, changing sources etc...) also, my iPOD has worked in every car Iv'e had with USB inputs but not with the Outback. Sometimes when switching from reverse to Drive the rear view camera stays on for about 10 seconds before switching back to your stereo/map screen. Blind Spot detection (BSD): There is no audible tone when you put your blinker on and someone is in your blind spot. The indicator on the side mirror will flash but that's it. Oddly enough, the outback will beep when the cross traffic alert is active but not the BSD. I have BSD on my 2014 Mazda 3 and it has the audible alert which I like very much. Gas Mileage: Averaging 20.3 MPG in mixed driving (mostly city). Seats: The leather sets are firm. I find them comfortable and supportive but I like firm seats. Also, I'm 6'1". I appreciate the thigh support as in most cars I've owned the bottom cushion doesn't come out far enough to offer support. However, my wife who is only 5' said her legs were falling asleep so the seats may be an issue for shorter drivers. Interior: The 2015 redesign makes for a nice interior. My only gripe is that silver plastic always looks cheap and Subaru likes their silver plastic. On the upside, the matte finished fake wood looks much better and convincing than just about anything else like it I have seen. Overall, I am very pleased with the car. the 3.6 is more than fast enough to merge or pass under any circumstances, the cabin is pretty quiet and it soaks up bumps very well.

Love our 1st Subaru!

by Opinella from Boston, MA | April 11, 2015

In October 2014 we purchased a 2015 6 cyl. Outback w/Eyesight, Navigation and all the bells and whistles. This was a replacement for a Jeep Grand Cherokee that was totaled months earlier. We live in NH and commute to MA, a 55 mile trip each way. This was the worst winter ever in the Boston area, unprecedented snowfall. This Subaru is awesome! We never got stuck, the vehicle has plenty of power, the Eyesight features, lane departure, and adaptive cruise control are fantastic. The seats are comfortable, the dual heat and vents, defrost are great. Our wipers never iced up, and we love the extra washer nozzle just for the Eyesight camera. The power liftgate is a great feature accessible by the remote or inside the vehicle. The navigation system is very easy to use and the big screen is awesome. Can you tell we LOVE everything about our Subaru?!

Bring on the snow!

by Reliabilaty & Safety First from Janesville, WI | April 6, 2015

My number one goal was to find a reliable car (repairs are a costly pain). My search started with the Consumer Reports ratings. Their information narrowed my search to the Subaru Two,I also needed a car that would navigate in all the snow that we get. Three, a car that is safer to drive especially for older people. Yes! This car has warnings & a back-up camera along with collision braking. Amazing and that doesn't count the voice that asks who do I want to call. Still waiting for the snow test but the heated seats are wonderful.

Yet Another Happy First Time Subaru Owner

by JMH from Bridgman, MI | March 23, 2015

========== The Good ========== * Pandora, once connected, works fine and sounds good. * All wheel drive works very well on loose gravel/sand. * Ground clearance over deep snow banks is spectacular. * Transmission works wonderfully. When driving with the cruise on, the RPMs change ever so gradually to compensate for hills. Its mesmerizing. * Hood stays nicely open without a support. * Seats are very comfortable (I’m 6’1”). * Leg room is plentiful (I’m 6’1”). * Visibility is very good. * Acceleration (4 cylinder) is plenty, even for merging onto highways. * Road noise is spookily non-existent. Soft voices work, even at highway speeds. * Steering wheel cruise and audio controls are easy enough to use. * Headroom is great (I’m 6’1”). * Styling is beautiful, despite some critics claiming it is non-existent. * The base (2.5i) is a great value. * Towing capacity is plenty for launching my sailboat into the lake from a sandy beach. * Safety ratings (NTHSA and IIHS) are out of this world. . ========== Needs Work ========== * Gas mileage is lower than expected: 26 overall so far with 3500 miles, from December through March in lower Michigan. Now that things have warmed up, I’m seeing 29 mpg. * Defroster has trouble melting the ice on the windshield when it is really cold. * Heater adjustment either makes my feet a bit too cold, or my face a bit too hot. * Heater causes engine to rev hard when cold. Turning the heater off until the engine warms up suppresses this behaviour. * Pandora connection is flakey at best. This is the most annoying part of the whole vehicle. * Pandora “connecting” message is blindingly bright at night. * Back hatch wiper is too weak to remove moderate snow. * Snow accumulates annoyingly deep on the door ledge at the base of the window. * Dashboard element (the panel with the clock and temperature display) is angled perfectly to reflect low sunlight from the side windows into driver’s eyes. * Back hatch is hard to close. Even after slamming it, still get the “trunk/hatch open” message. By the way, the computer knows it is an Outback, so what’s up with the “trunk/hatch” text? * Overhead compartment for sunglasses is too small. * Wheel vibration often occurs after driving through deep snow. Likely snow stuck on the wheels. This has happened more than once. * Floor cap (plastic) that covers the end of the seat rail comes off. * “Roads may be icy” warning is silly as it just really indicates if the temperature is 37F or less. That’s pretty much on all the time in winter. * Fuel filler door got frozen closed twice. There is no good way to open it short of banging on it and pulling the release lever multiple times. * Steering wheel has 20 buttons. Maybe one too many? * Storage compartment under the radio requires a push to open it. One day, a devious roll of chapstick found a place to prevent the door from being pushed in. * Heater mode switch cycles through combinations of air flow configurations. That’s just annoying.

I can see why people swear by Subarus

by Paul from Riverside County, CA | March 2, 2015

This car is amazing! Love it on the snow, rain and any weather - have never felt safer. Very practical inside and out, we went with the premium model because the limited model had too many things we didn't want (sunroof, leather, power lift gate) and we love it. All of knobs/buttons, levers are all positioned very logically/naturally. Albeit the outback is not feature packed like a lot of other cars you can get, you do get everything you need and then some (back up camera, heated seats, Bluetooth connectivity) My wife and I took it to the snowy mountains (while the snow was falling) and had an amazing time. Didn't have snow chains on (all weather tires) - and I was more in control that most cars on the road with chains on. Car just grips wet, snowy and icy roads like no other. I'm amazed with it - didn't think it was possible. Heater works wonders, visibility is wonderful, I really did feel in control while driving this thing - especially in snow!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2015 subout

by duke from eau claire | February 3, 2015

very disappointed. seats are no better than a park bench CVT is jerky mileage is down 9 mpg from listed mileage

2015 Outback Limited

by David Happy Times from Sacramenro CA | January 29, 2015

Great car. Only issue not a very friendly car for a DIY person. No place to use a floor jack on the car, nearly impossible to change spark plugs. I just think it is another way to line the dealers pockets. MirrorLink does not work. Subaru should have taken a look at what Toyota did with their info system

So Far So Good

by Reliability Shopper from Phelan, CA | January 7, 2015

While I have't had the vehicle long enough to evaluate its long term reliability, it lives up to its reviews in all other respects. Before buying this vehicle, I studied the reviews from 8-10 well respected sources and the vehicle is "as advertised".