2015 Subaru Outback

Starting MSRP

Overall

Just got the 2015 Outback

by Montana Tom from Montana | October 3, 2014

It's early, but here is my initial reaction: we were initially looking for a 2011-13 used Outback, but the leap of technology (including better fuel efficiency, incrementally larger size, and a "gee whiz" infotainment system) from the previous body style, versus the fact these darn things hold their value so much, it didn't make economic sense to get an Outback from the previous five year cycle. For only "a little more" (yeah, a few grand), the difference in value was dramatic. We had a 2006 Outback and loved it. But this 2015 is such an advanced vehicle, that it really came down to an excellent value for the money. One thing that is going to take some getting used to...the systems that keep it from getting stolen. There are so many safety precautions built in to keep the bad guys from stealing these, that there is an unusual learning curve. You have to wonder what these guys could possibly do for an encore, because it feels like they've thought of everything. We did get the Ltd 2.5i model.

Love our new Outback

by J&J Eastern Oregon from LaGrande, Or. | September 30, 2014

We just bought a 2015 Outback and Love it, got a smoking Deal from Dan in Internet sales at Carr Subaru in Beaverton Or. We Have a 2006 Tribeca with 140,000 miles and now the new Outback. Thanks Dan Doyle at Carr Subaru !

outback 3.6 R

by Randy from Lamar CO | September 28, 2014

We drove over Cinnamon Pass west of Lake City CO . This is an "4-WD only" one vehicle wide "road" built into the side of a 2000 foot cliff. We were amazed by the performance and the clearance of this vehicle and found the X-Drive mode relaxing especially on the way down towards Silverton, CO. I was a bit embarrassed when I looked at the beaten up condition of the other specialized vehicles up there, but hey NO damage done, then letting her loose on the high speed paved roads we left all of those specialized vehicles in the dust.

Enjoy it more every day

by Jason LeVay from Hamden, CT | September 19, 2014

I purchased the 2015 Outback 3.6 limited with all of the bells and whistles. I wanted the safety and convenience features of the newer cars or I would have bought used. The first thing I noticed about this car was the comfort and the great ergonomics. The second thing I noticed was how . . . weighty it felt. It felt similar to the Grand Cherokee and Explorer. But while it had the same sense of solid safety it felt more nimble than both of those models. It also has a better field of view. Being a fan of big American V-8 engines, I was pleasantly surprised at how powerful the boxer 6 cylinder feels. This car has zero hesitation from the stop light and moves into congested fast moving traffic with confidence. The one design flaw that I noticed was the side mirror blinkers. While backing up into a tight space my passenger side touched a telephone pole. The mirror did not snap forward, but instead the blinker caught on the pole and the entire front facia blew off. I would recommend that they remove the perpendicular edge and either recess the light or round it off. Over all I am very happy with my purchase, no buyers remorse here. This is a long term keeper!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great on gas

by New fan from Seattle | September 15, 2014

Best pick for gas performance and cargo space for 2015 wagons in this price range. I am doing 25 mpg consistently with commute drives. Hands-free bluetooth app amazing as well. Smooth, quiet ride and NO blind spots in driving. Seats a little stiff (but all makes are these days!). Nice color selection and impressive hood rack.

The Outback is "OUTSTANDING!"

by Linda from White Hall, Md | September 9, 2014

After researching several makes and models, I decided on the Subaru Outback. I had about 5 different dealers on email bidding for my business. I purchased my Subaru from a dealer in Newark, Delaware. Everyone there was super nice and helpful. One of THE NICEST cars I've ever owned. All of the bells and whistles. It's almost like sitting in the cockpit of a plane. Instrumentation and controls are taking a while to learn. I really love it!

I LOVE MY CAR

by JT from californina | September 5, 2014

It is the most comfortable, easy driving, reliable car I have ever owned . I could clone it for life ! fully loaded, nothing to add. worth every penny !

Loving it!

by Nicole from Iowa from Des Moines, IA | August 21, 2014

After test driving lots of different makes/models, we settled on waiting for a 2015 3.6R Limited Outback. Great car--very pleased with the performance, the quietness of the cabin, the smoothness of the ride, the user interface, the look. Definitely worth the wait! Only 2 things I wish they'd change. 1) It's got memory seats but not memory mirrors--wish they had done both as many manufacturers have done. 2) The light interior contains entirely too much black--floors, 2 sections of each door panel, the dashboard, the cargo area. We wanted light because we feel black shows a lot of dirt/scuff marks and it does....the scheme looks ok but wish they had made the light interior more uniformly light.

surprise

by customer from boston ,ma. | August 14, 2014

we have been driving german station wagons for 35 years just bought 2015 subaru outback what a surprise quality ,room, value whats not to like ?

Second one

by Michael from Kansas City | August 13, 2014

Traded my 2013 Outback on a 2015. Have put some miles on it since I bought it new (4000 in two months). I am a larger man, and lately I have found the drivers seat to be a bit uncomfortable after sometime driving, I am having to adjust it a little here and there. I am sure I will find the Sweet Spot soon, though. I also found that making some adjustments on the infotainment center was a reach from the drivers seat, with the tuning knobs a bit small. Very minor things to quible with, all things told. I love driving it, and cannot seem to stay out of it. The gas milage is great, (I am averaging over 500 miles to a tank of gas). I have plenty of omph when I need to go, although I learned that I will not out gun a Semi trailer when it has full steam and I am trying to merge on the interstate! The interior is softer and more comfortable than the 2013's was. The bluetooth pairing with my phone seems to be done before I get out of the garage, which was not the case with the 2013 Outback. the infotainment center was upgraded with weather, gas, sports and stock information available. I have used the weather and gas location and price information while traveling, and they seem to be pretty accurate for the most part. The wheels are so nice, I am thinking I will have to put locks on them, though the dealer says he has not had any problem with them walking away to visit other cars in the past. I love my Outback, and would not trade it for the world! This is the second one of how many...?