2015 Subaru Outback

Starting MSRP

Overall

Impressive Car

by Mr. Practical from Lewisburg, Pa | November 15, 2014

I purchased the 2.5 Four Cylinder Premium with the eyesight, navigation, and moon roof package. Unfortunately, my outback was one of the units with the defective small triangle window in the front passenger side. The dealership was great and Subaru engineered a fix within in three weeks. They replaced the window last week and the car is incredibly quiet. The ride is very comfortable for an all wheel drive vehicle and the technology is impressive. The mileage has been beyond my expectations and better than the sticker rating. I drove the car on a 140 mile round trip (mostly highway) and got 36 mpg. Additionally, I am averaging 27-28 mpg on my daily 1.5 mile commute to work and I have only put 1,200 miles on the vehicle. This is a lot of car for the money and worth a look for anyone that wants a solid all wheel drive car that does everything as advertised.

The new Outback is just plain GREAT!

by Retired in Wenatchee, Wa. from Wenatchee, Washington | November 11, 2014

We have owned the NEW Outback for about a month now. Like many others, we traded in our 2013 for this new version of the Outback. The 2013 was just fine but the NEW additions to this model were to much to pass up. Better safety items, new Nav and sound system, power tailgate, and best of all is the NEW INTERIOR. The only thing that has been a negative is the gas mileage. We average about 24 mpg in town and 30 on the road. As with the 2013 I'm sure this will improve. This car is quite and comfortable for the driver AND passengers. We LOVE this new Outback.

Most technology loaded car I've Owned

by Fun Loving Little Old Lady from Center Point, Tx | November 6, 2014

This is the first SUV or Crossover vehicle I've owned and I'm loving it. The eyesight and blind sight features took getting use but very helpful. The sound system is the best. I look forward to driving it for years.

Bells and Whistles

by Hairy Gary from Polson, MT | October 29, 2014

As with all new vehicles, the dashboard options are quite daunting to those of us who remember the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. My suggestion is a far more graphic and simple worded explanation booklet of these electronic options. The manual is poorly written. I would buy an 'Idiot's Guide' to the dashboard if available. My irks are with the radio, phone, 20 different button positions on the steering wheel not counting the turn signals and wipers, etc. They should offer a teenager in the back seat as an upgrade!

great ride!

by candid camera from Tennessee | October 28, 2014

The only thing I don't like is the electronic throttle. Everything about the Outback is wonderful, great ride, very smooth after you get rolling . Glad I bought it, it's exactly what i needed and wanted.

Just got the 2015 Outback

by Montana Tom from Montana | October 3, 2014

It's early, but here is my initial reaction: we were initially looking for a 2011-13 used Outback, but the leap of technology (including better fuel efficiency, incrementally larger size, and a "gee whiz" infotainment system) from the previous body style, versus the fact these darn things hold their value so much, it didn't make economic sense to get an Outback from the previous five year cycle. For only "a little more" (yeah, a few grand), the difference in value was dramatic. We had a 2006 Outback and loved it. But this 2015 is such an advanced vehicle, that it really came down to an excellent value for the money. One thing that is going to take some getting used to...the systems that keep it from getting stolen. There are so many safety precautions built in to keep the bad guys from stealing these, that there is an unusual learning curve. You have to wonder what these guys could possibly do for an encore, because it feels like they've thought of everything. We did get the Ltd 2.5i model.

Love our new Outback

by J&J Eastern Oregon from LaGrande, Or. | September 30, 2014

We just bought a 2015 Outback and Love it, got a smoking Deal from Dan in Internet sales at Carr Subaru in Beaverton Or. We Have a 2006 Tribeca with 140,000 miles and now the new Outback. Thanks Dan Doyle at Carr Subaru !

outback 3.6 R

by Randy from Lamar CO | September 28, 2014

We drove over Cinnamon Pass west of Lake City CO . This is an "4-WD only" one vehicle wide "road" built into the side of a 2000 foot cliff. We were amazed by the performance and the clearance of this vehicle and found the X-Drive mode relaxing especially on the way down towards Silverton, CO. I was a bit embarrassed when I looked at the beaten up condition of the other specialized vehicles up there, but hey NO damage done, then letting her loose on the high speed paved roads we left all of those specialized vehicles in the dust.

Enjoy it more every day

by Jason LeVay from Hamden, CT | September 19, 2014

I purchased the 2015 Outback 3.6 limited with all of the bells and whistles. I wanted the safety and convenience features of the newer cars or I would have bought used. The first thing I noticed about this car was the comfort and the great ergonomics. The second thing I noticed was how . . . weighty it felt. It felt similar to the Grand Cherokee and Explorer. But while it had the same sense of solid safety it felt more nimble than both of those models. It also has a better field of view. Being a fan of big American V-8 engines, I was pleasantly surprised at how powerful the boxer 6 cylinder feels. This car has zero hesitation from the stop light and moves into congested fast moving traffic with confidence. The one design flaw that I noticed was the side mirror blinkers. While backing up into a tight space my passenger side touched a telephone pole. The mirror did not snap forward, but instead the blinker caught on the pole and the entire front facia blew off. I would recommend that they remove the perpendicular edge and either recess the light or round it off. Over all I am very happy with my purchase, no buyers remorse here. This is a long term keeper!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great on gas

by New fan from Seattle | September 15, 2014

Best pick for gas performance and cargo space for 2015 wagons in this price range. I am doing 25 mpg consistently with commute drives. Hands-free bluetooth app amazing as well. Smooth, quiet ride and NO blind spots in driving. Seats a little stiff (but all makes are these days!). Nice color selection and impressive hood rack.