2008 Subaru Tribeca

16 city / 21 hwy

Overall

subaru b9 tribeca

by nick dawson from los anjeles | January 26, 2014

I love subaru tribeca b9, i love interior and exterior. I would not recommend this vehicle to a friend , because price is bad, car is expensive ((

tribeca

by james from New york, brk. | January 26, 2014

very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive ! very expensive !

a few things i would change

by subaru lover from Bend, OR | May 25, 2011

I love the look and style of the car but do not enjoy the space (or lack there of) in the third row... I wish they could give a little more head room, or at least a moon/sun roof to give the illusion of more head room when your in there. I also don't really like how difficult it is to fit an infant car seat into either of the back seats! The regular infant seat I had (grace snugride 35) would not fit no matter what I did to rearrange the seats. So I bought a new "convertible" car seat which fits.... Barely... I have to have it in the very center of the car which OS ok, but I cannot move my front driver or passenger seat back without creating the leather because it hits the sides of the carpet placed directly in between them... I love the gas mileage for the size and seating, and I absolutely love that it is a subaru!! :)

My wife's car

by One happy husband from Spokane WA | May 8, 2011

I bought my wife an 08' Tribeca in June of 09' from our local dealership with just under 15,000 on it. 2 years and 54,000 miles later we are still going strong. My wife uses this car for work and has seen ALL kinds of weather and roads in this thing.(Gravel, dirt, goat paths,...) Living in the Northwest just under the Canadian border isn't easy with the snow and ice but, the All Wheel Drive is head and shoulders above the other "so called" AWD. My biggest issue with is the mileage we get. Averaging 16 mpg in town and 21 on the highway? No. The sport shifter could be a little more responsive, but for a 4300 lbs. car we shouldn't be drag racing too much I guess. All in all I would say that if you were buying a cross over to look at the other options first and save the best for last.

a few hiccups

by pretty happy from Monroe,Ct. | April 8, 2011

After driving a G35X Infinity for 2 winters in Ct. the Subaru Tribeca is a real winner in the snow. I really like the interior and exterior styling. I bought this vehicle at 3 years of age and 33,000 miles and am very unhappy with the clunking and pounding of the suspension on rough roads. The dealer replaced the bushings on the front sway bar which did very little to ease the noise. I can't imagine that the shocks need replacing at this mileage. Took the car back to dealer again and dealer said thats the way Tribeca's are. The throttle is very touchy, one time lurching forward when you step on it and the next time you have to step on it pretty firmly to move. Took back to dealer, dealer said there is nothing to adjust or lubricate as it is all computerized, no cables or linkage. Pulled into traffic one day, pushed the throttle to the floor and I thought the car stalled, pumped the throttle a couple of times and it took off. My son is on his 5th Subaru, just bought a new Forrester. Has loved them all. He drove mine several times and can't believe how noisy the suspension is. I really like the vehicle but will probably get rid of it, and take a beating, if the dealer cannot resolve these issues

Good but could be better

by Subaru in my future from Maryland | November 17, 2010

Pros: Great acceleration at the start (lots of torque) Comfortable and smooth ride Good Fit and finish inside Lots of Cargo Space One of the safest Crossover SUV's Systematic AWD Cons: Gas mileage could be better

This is No. 5

by 5 x Subaru Owner from Anchorage | September 30, 2010

We have enjoyed 4 previous Subaru, 3 models, since 1989. The Tribeca is a wonderful upgrade w/ "BIG car" features w/o the bulk or cost. Can go from Anchorage to Fairbanks on a tank of gas, even in winter!

Symmetrical is the reason

by Chicago winter survivor from | July 20, 2009

I live in Chicago where the weather changes on a dime and winter is the time between the people with or without AWD . This is my first Subaru (2009 Tribeca) and loving it so far, it's symmeterical AWD has no match from the other auto makers unless you want spend $60,000 plus for luxury models like land rover etc.. Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's perfect for the common man like me in tough winter's and you'll get the most bang for your buck 10 plus years down the road.

my first suburu

by cindym from upstate, ny | July 12, 2009

i purchased an '08 trib. used...so far pleased with almost everything. i agree, wish the mpg was better. it handles great and i like the features. haven't driven it in the snow and ice yet, but hoping for the best. i get alot of compliments on the looks of the car.

Best value for money

by Job from Philadelphia, PA | June 18, 2009

I am driving a 2008 Tribecca Limited with 7 seats for 6 months.I bought a Subaru dealer vehicle with 8K miles. I was considering a Highlander also. But Tribecca came with a lot of options for the same money.The boxer engine is very smooth and gives the same performance on uphill roads.The RPM stays the same.It runs on regular gas and gives around 23 miles per gallon on highways. For city I get around 17 miles.It has 7 cd mp3 player and a garage opener. Heated leather seats are very comfortable in winter and this Subaru runs very good on snow roads.The 3rd row is good for kids.I am very happy with the purchase and thank Subaru for making a big family vehicle.