The Tribeca comes with standard all-wheel drive. It can seat five in standard configuration or seven with an optional third row. It competes with other midsize SUV/crossover models such as the Ford Edge, Hyundai Santa Fe and Toyota Highlander. It's the only three-row SUV/crossover in Subaru's lineup.
New for 2009
There are no significant changes to the 2009 Subaru Tribeca.
The Tribeca was restyled in 2008, so changes for 2009 are limited to a new red paint color. The grille has a chrome upper lining and three horizontal crossbars. As part of that redesign, the Tribeca gained improved visibility with a larger rearview mirror and rear-quarter windows, Subaru says.
It's 191.5 inches long and 73.9 inches wide, making it several inches longer than the Edge, Santa Fe or Highlander, but it's also the narrowest of this group.
- Standard fog lights
- Standard power, heated side mirrors
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Optional roof rack
- Optional mudflaps
The Tribeca features a wraparound cockpit with metallic overlays. In seven-seat models, as part of last year's reworking, Subaru says the second-row chairs now have easy-to-use adjusters that slide the seats forward for third-row access.
- Standard dual-zone air conditioning
- Standard steering-wheel audio controls
- Optional navigation system
- Optional power leather seats
- Optional rear backup camera
- Optional backseat DVD entertainment system
Under the Hood
There's one choice of engine, a 3.6-liter boxer six-cylinder.
- 256 horsepower and 247 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed automatic
- Standard all-wheel drive
- Standard independent front and rear suspension
The Tribeca comes with a variety of standard safety features, including:
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Traction control
- Six standard airbags, including side-impact airbags for the front seats and side curtain airbags for first- and second-row passengers, but not for third-row passengers
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Subaru Tribeca
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.