2015 Subaru WRX

21 city / 28 hwy

Overall

A great AWD sports sedan

by minnwrxowner from Duluth, Minnesota | October 8, 2015

I have had a 2015 WRX (base model, 6-speed manual) for almost a year, and it has been trouble-free. Acceleration, steering, cornering, and grip are all oustanding. The car is a blast to drive. Since the car comes with summer performance tires, you will need snow tires November through April if you live where winters can be fierce. The seats, driving position, and visibility are all top-notch. If you like driving for its own sake, and love feeling engaged with your car and the road, this is the car for you. Pictures don't do this car justice. You have to see one in person from all angles. If you get a beautiful color, it is one fine-looking car indeed.

Excellent Choice

by Vulcan-Hawk from NC | August 19, 2015

I have had this car for a lttile over a year now. No issues to report, no problems except a stubblorn gas lid door (fixed under warrenty). The car corners like it has spikes. It can actually seat 4 American sized adults and has an easy to use trunk. You can actually see out of this car (a scarce trait today) Bang-for-buck there is little or no competition. MPG per performance - again very strong. 0-60mpg in 5 sec and get 32+MPG highway ? amazing. Ride can be a bit harsh with passengers, and its not a quiet car. But it rips. Start doing some gentle modifications and the car comes alive even more, while remaining reliable and efficient. If you think you want one - you do.

Yup!

by Zirp from Boston, >A | June 2, 2015

This is my first brand new car I have ever purchased. A WRX has always been a dream car to me, and the 2015 really does the job for me. The twin scroll turbo is amazing, along with the whole new concept of this engine alone. The handling is unreal, taking exits and cornering with an add of boost is a thrill. I think this is the first time that I will actually say, "I can't wait for it to snow."

My First Subaru, and I'm impressed

by Trackrat from Charlotte, NY | May 26, 2015

This car does so many things well; Comfort, performance, handling, good fuel economy and great looks. I got 34.5 mpg at 72mph on my first road trip. However, it will be hard to stay out of the turbo in order to get that kind of fuel economy every day :) Great value for the money too.

Excellent Car!

by Torque of Grand Prix from Long Island, NY | December 19, 2014

Read the previous 7 reviews which were really helpful in pumping me up for my factory order. Every review here lived up to it's value! Got in day one and was extremely impressed! I've drove this as my second brand new car & a line of manual cars and I have to say this was a major upgrade! Very pleased with the performance of it as you get to 2K-2K & a half RPMs you really get that turbo kick! It has exceptional traction on the road as you cut for turns. The exterior styling of it was one I fell in love with and presents such muscularity. It was a no brainer replacement from my last. The value for the money was so on key! The price tag on this car is so priced well when you compare it against it's other competitor car peers with the exact same power for a fraction of the pricing, it's just amazing! Simply put, I LOVE THIS CAR A LOT!!!

Vaguely familiar

by Scorpion from efingham,IL | November 10, 2014

I have had a number of great cars. I even owned a sunbeam alpine. I had a 3 convertible and I always get stick. There is something vaguely familiar about the way this car handles. Almost like a go-cart. Its not cheap, or uncomfortable, but the connection to the road is like a "short vet". I had a corvair monza with dual webers, a coupe and it took the on off ramps kinda like this car. I hope to keep this for a long time. I wish they made a convertible.

15 WRX

by Stretch from Hudson , Iowa | September 21, 2014

I have 6000 miles on the premium model with the GPS and stereo upgrade... These are a must imo.... 6 speed ... I was a little disappointed in the performance at first , but now I have learned to drive it better , being it's a new turbo , I had to get used to it ... That said , it is well worth the money due to its capabilities and quality of the build... Awesome car

Great, Fun Car!

by subienewbie from Houston, TX | September 1, 2014

Coming out of a 2012 Mustang GT, I miss the brute horse power but nothing else. This car is fun, comfortable, and cornering grip that is on par with with my previous Boxter… After owning Porsche, multiple BMWs, multiple Alfas, multiple Z cars, multiple RX7s (including the wonderful twin turbo classic, Beck Spyder, (etc) this car is great! Being a former Kart racer and overall speed enthusiast, this is a racing kart with power windows and AC…I guess I really like it a lot...

2015 Subaru WRX Review

by jomarti from Arlington Tx | August 26, 2014

This car is a whole lot more than I expected. It has all the right stuff- looks, sound, comfort, throttle response and flat cornering which I really like. Plus it compares to cars costing much more. It's a machine that will surprise any who take a test drive.

great car

by bobsyeruncle from california | June 23, 2014

coming from a pair of powerful but unreliable BMWs I went with a 2015 WRX 6 speed. handles more crisply, more connected to the road, sharp steering, great pop. Strongly recommend any enthusiasts to give one a test drive.