2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Cross trek again

by torger from Bellingham, WA | February 15, 2014

I love the looks and idea of this car. Great performance for such a small car. Lots of room. Both head room and leg room. I am 6-2 and its awesome. I took my daughter, 2 oversized pitbulls, and coolers for 1/2 beef on a road trip with no problems. My only complaint is gas mileage is much less than advertised...22-27.

Don't Do it

by Subaru Fan from North Aurora, IL | February 14, 2014

I have owned Subaru's and I love my current Legacy. When it came time to trade in my wife's Sante Fe I looked to Subaru first. I test drove the Crosstrek and was impressed with its handling and comfort. My BIG mistake was not test driving it on the highway. This is the roughest riding car I have ever owned. It has a teeth chattering riding on the highway and the mpg is not impressive and certainly not what is advertised. My choice when I bought was a Legacy or Hyundai Tacoma, in retrospect either one would have been a significantly better purchase than the Crosstrek.

Love it!

by Harv from Annapolis | February 3, 2014

I looked at the Crosstrek for quite a while before buying, and compared it to a number of vehicles out and soon-to-come. This was just on the money for me. Great mpg, grips the road, very comfortable. Completely happy!

Once a Subie, always a Subie

by Momof4cats from New Berlin, WI | January 14, 2014

This car laughs at snow! If you need a reliable car that will get you through snow and still has great gas mileage, get a Subaru.

not good

by big guy from Illinois | November 27, 2013

My wife and I drove a different crosstrek and liked it. The one we own is another story. This is our third Subie. We have an Outback that we think is the best riding car we have owned. The crosstrek ride is the is not much better , if any , than my garden tractor. It has been looked at and things have been changed ,but there is no improvement. The road noise is terrible, especially on concrete. The radio stinks. This car was a mistake and I hope to get rid of it. The good thing about it is the gas mileage, have never been under 30

Compliments Abound

by Lunestar from Independence, Mo | November 1, 2013

I had been dreaming of being a Subaru owner for years. Everyone who owned one raved about them and held on to them. I just made my dream come true. The Cross Trek is peppy, roomy and I call it my Sporty Wagon. I get compliments on it where ever I go. She handles corners like a dream, and during the last heavy rainfall she did not hydro plane in areas my other vehicles would have. I am very pleased with my decision to be a Subee owner.

it's okay

by putty from New Hampshire | October 25, 2013

When I bought it it had 300 miles. So a new car. Driving it reminds me of a vw bug I owned in the 60's sounds like a sewing machine. I often wonder if I'm in the right gear. I bought it because I wanted a reliable car in the snow and I will need to wait a few more months in order to judge that feature. I liked it's sporty look. A previous Subaru - Outback- had gone 200,000 miles for me. I felt I had a positive history with the brand. All said and done jury is still out.

First Time Subaru Owner

by Road Warrior 2013 from Branford, CT | October 2, 2013

I can't say enough nice things about this car the 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek and the sales professional, Tricia Bailey. I did research online, emailed the Subaru dealership, visited the dealership, took a test drive with Tricia, and purchased my first new Subaru the same day. I put 8,000 worry free miles on my Subaru this summer, thanks to Tricia and Subaru! I am actually getting better gas mileage than what was listed. The car was so comfortable to drive. I put in 10 - 12 hours a day in driving with no back pain during the trip. I can't wait to try it out in the snow.

Love Subaru but not loving the Crosstrek

by Professor from Chicago, IL | September 25, 2013

Sitting here reading everyone else's reviews I feel like we have a different car. Although I am a BMW-to-Subaru convert on the Outback, I can't seem to love the Crosstrek. The power and nimbleness of the car are fine, exactly what I would expect from Subaru at a great price. We get amazing gas mileage too. The problems relate more to the quality of the car. Ours has been into the dealer twice in one year for major engine and drive train problems (we were told that they knew about these problems and they are common but not recalled). Even worse for me, the Crosstrek squeaks like an old bed when you are driving around. We took it into the dealer who told us they couldn't hear what we were talking about, and that their service guy couldn't "recreate the noise" we were complaining about. The car is also extremely loud inside from road noise. Put the noise and squeaks together and you have a fairly miserable experience. I refused to take it on a road trip with my husband because of those issues. I am seriously disappointed in the overall quality of the vehicle and am considering trading it in on something that seems less flimsy.

Love this car - and 34 mpg at 9500 miles!

by Wanaka from Flagstaff | September 24, 2013

Love this little car. Average mpg after 9500 miles is an astounding 34 (for all miles, city and hwy). Love the truck-like ground clearance for dirt roads, AWD for mud and snow, leather heated seats, great stereo and simple, easy interior. I'm 6'4" - plenty of room. Holds 85 mph cruise uphill between to Flagstaff just fine; plenty of power for me. No problems, all pleasure. Practical, comfortable, fun.