2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Starting MSRP

Overall

unhappy reviews

by first subaru driver from northern ca. | September 3, 2014

I crack up when i read some of the reviews on here about the xv crosstrek that are sooooooo degrading! One person says your lucky to get 25mpg? I read another one that said he was getting 15? ( makes you wonder if they dont work for chevy!) Im getting 35.6 and it just seems to be getting better! No clear coat on the paint? Cheap paint? my paint looks great and is holding up fantastic! Using 8 quarts of oil in 8 months? Mine hasn't used a drop. what can you say? I'm happy!

New COuntry Subaru Delivers

by jdmack1977 from Schuylerville, NY | August 18, 2014

Tony at New Country Subaru in Saratoga Springs, NY got me everything I wanted in my new Crosstrek. I never felt pressured and he helped me get a great deal. I love my new car, which handles like a dream.

Love this car!

by Mair from Reno, NV | August 17, 2014

Have owned Subarus for over 20 years, so I know their reliability and durability. The Crosstrek is fun to drive! I've never quite thought of a Subaru as "fun"....but love this car!

2014 crosstrek, owned for 5months; ENGINE BLOWN

by kdiggys from bozeman, mt | July 30, 2014

i am leasing a 2014 crosstrek and only had it for 5 months. the odometer read 2396 miles and the engine went on this vehicle. THE ENGINE IS BLOWN. are you kidding me??? first off, this is my first subaru i have owned. i was really excited about this vehicle because i had moved from los angeles to montana.. and montana can have some harsh winters. the first thing i noticed about the car was the lack of power. i noticed there was little to no pick up when i pressed on the accelerator, but i found that the gas mileage was pretty decent and i can live without having a fast car for once. (i used to own a nissan sentra se-r and that thing had pick up!) overall, i was pretty happy with the car until i was about 45 miles out of town and the engine went.. like i mean, KNOCKING.. fell apart. it sounded as if there was no oil in the engine but it was full of oil! being stuck out in the middle of nowhere in montana for 3 hours when you have a brand new car, and the engine is blown. left a SERIOUS bad taste in my mouth. it has been at the dealership since last thursday (7/24), and they are giving me 2 options: 1- replace the engine, which will be available aug 18th and its under the original warranty or 2 - replace the short block and rebuild the engine "with all new parts", offering me an ext on my warranty (currently have the 3/36) to 7/100k BUT i would have to sign a release that i will not sue for the lemon law. my question is: why would i need to sign a release saying i will not sue for the lemon law? are you saying you sold me a lemon? at this point, ive had to call subaru and the dealer.. ive wasted time on hold, being tossed back and forth between people who may or may not know what they are talking about. i am at a point where im wondering if i should just cut my losses and return the vehicle and go with a different make. the whole point when purchasing a new vehicle is the comfort knowing that this, mechanical problems, are limited to none. what if this happens in the middle of winter where i have no service? then what?

I love my car still

by Yukij01 from 08534 | July 16, 2014

This is my first sub and I love it. I know my friend who had subs before doesn't like it as much as I do. But I've test drove a lot of other cars before I decided this is the one that stole my heart away. I went to Honda/Ford/Toyota looking for cars in the similar price range... When i walked into sub, the way this car looks just took me by surprise. A lot crossover cars gives me the feelings that they are confused and don't know where / who they are meant to be. But the way Crosstreks exterior looks just has personality. It drives very smoothly. It doesn't pick up as fast when AC is on... but that's with most cars. At times, the oil meter may jump two clicks after one 50 mile trip ... but it's not an big issue b/c it doesn't often. No oil leak so far and i've had this car for 9 months now. Still in love with my car. Last car i had was the new Altima, which I lost the love for new car in 3 months. The new line of 2014 subs are just amazing lookin~

First car purchase ever!

by Crosstrek Fan and Now Owner from Aurora Colorado | June 13, 2014

My first experience in purchasing a new car from a dealer was very positive due to a very fine gentleman named Trevor Taron at Shortline Subaru here in Aurora Co. I have only had this vehicle for one week but I am very happy with the performance. I purchased the Limited which has leather upholstery that is very comfortable and I really like the automatic climate control system. The auto-on/off headlights are a very good feature. I am getting used to the rear-vision camera especially in a busy parking lot. The leather-wrapped steering wheel is very comfortable. There are many wonderful features in this automobile that I haven't described but I love this Crosstrek already and would recommend it without reservation.

burns oil

by tac from nj | June 11, 2014

this is my 3rd Subaru, I bought this because my others were very reliable and I had no issues. this xv burns so much oil. I've had it 8 months and it has been back to the dealer 6 times and ive had to put a quart of oil it it at least 8 times. the exterior looks nice and I love the awd, I will be trading this car in and not getting another Subaru. starting in 2012 Subaru has had oil consumption issues, I would not rely on them any longer. google subaru oil consumption and youll find all the reviews, rants, and frustration from owners & its so difficult to get anything fixed. look elsewhere.

Always wanted a Subaru

by First time lease customer from Danvers, MA | June 11, 2014

Leased a 2014 Crosstrek and very happy with it so far. Comfortable inside; attractive exterior. Heated seats work great, so winter will be more tolerable this year. Looking forward to having AWD when it snows! I was used to a low, small car, so driving this feels like driving a small SUV, but it parks like my old car. Feels secure being a bit higher off the ground.

Not worth the money!

by The Ravens Project from Cincinnat | June 11, 2014

First, we have kept accurate records for mileage and there is no way that this vehicle will get 33 MPG at 65 to 70 MPH on the Interstate. You will be lucky to get 25 MPG or 26 MPG at normal Interstate speeds. The Crosstrek does not have an overdrive and it runs at a higher RPM than the Impreza, so don't hold your breath for great fuel mileage. The Bluetooth function for my cell phone is very poor. My phone loses the connection constantly. It is a big problem, so much so that I wouldn't advise getting the higher end electronic package. The paint job on the Crosstrek is sub-standard. Simple road sand will cause hundreds of chips on the hood of the vehicle. There is no primer paint. There is only one coat of paint. There is no clear coat protective paint. If you walk up to any Crosstrek that has 20,000 miles, you will see paint damage. The Crosstrek is a very cheap product with a poor paint job that will not last. (My Civic, with 90,000 miles, doesn't have this issue!) You will soon notice a bad rattle coming from the right front dash speaker. Why can't Subaru fix this problem at the factory? The center driver arm rest will not stay in place - which only shows the cheap quality of the vehicle. (I am really upset about the lousy paint job on this poor quality vehicle!)

I love my car! :)

by MsMetroid from Springville, Utah | May 4, 2014

The car drives excellently. It is speedy and handles very well. We have taken it through some rough roads and it works very well. The extra clearance on the car made it fun. The manual drive is very easy to use. I do not so much love the interior console in the car. It is very boxy. There aren't any areas or compartments on the left of the steering wheel for change, gum, or anything. There is an unusual pocket that seems to go nowhere. With the newer version of the Jelly Bean operating system for Android, it seems that the BT does not sync automatically with my car anymore, I have to switch through the radio modes off of BT and back for the audio to play again. I love the leather seats and it makes it easy to clean. I only wish that I had gotten the Crosstrek with the Moonroof. Even without the GPS system, that is all I feel is missing from my car. Everything else I love. It looks nice, drives nice, is comfortable to even ride in when not driving. It gives me the space and room that I need without being too big, like a Forester. I love the extra window space past the side mirrors. I love the auto settings for the Air Controls. It's great how intuitive the car is! I wish that, like my Honda before, I could enable the Cruise Control and it would continue to be enabled after turning the car off, and back on again. Outside of a few things, I couldn't ask for a better car.