2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek

See Photos & Videos

Overall

XV Crosstrek Awesomeness

by Brandon from Minneapolis | April 7, 2014

I recently purchased an XV Crosstrek Premium CVT and I have to say that this is one of the most utilitarian vehicles EVER. I have had 16 cars in my day. I trade them up as quickly as the next fashion. I also work in the Automotive Industry and am a mechanically inclined person. I've owned everything from old British roadsters to modern luxury cars. I admit, I have a car problem. As for the XV, I did my research. I wanted something that was a smaller form factor, hatchback, and not a total bore to drive. Based on some reviews, the XV met them all but the "fun to drive factor". I read one review that said they felt the car was so slow it was dangerous in traffic. Now that I own one, I can say "WRONG!". This car has enough power for spirited driving, you just need to dive into the pedal some to get the engine up to its peak power output at ~4,000 RPMs. Don't be afraid, the boxer motors are naturally balanced and love to rev. Does it make noise? Yes, but it sounds like a symphony of boxer happiness. The interior is very well assembled (even for Subaru) with minimalist function abound. If you want worthless buttons, switches, and fake chrome paneling that only wears out, go get that. If you want an interior that is functional, well laid out, and very comfortable (I am 6'5") then this is a great sample. The ground clearance and AWD from Subaru is well executed here too. We recently got 10" of snow in Minnesota and I drove with confidence on both the snow and ice. Easily driving up steep inclines, on packed snow highways at 40mph, and through some rather deep drifts (so deep I got an ice pack under car that made the exhaust rattle against the bottom of the car). I have been getting about 29 mpg mixed driving with a spirited driving style. I get compliments everywhere I go on the look of the car too, which is nice. So, what are you waiting for? Want a CUV that is actually a CUV? Then this is the only one to be had if you ask me. I don't know what other reviewers (especially the experts) are talking about when they review this car... I think they are little to warped for the average person needs... I don't think we all need to drive 0-60 in 4.6 seconds raking through 6 gears and guzzling 3 gallons of premium gas with every gadget on the planet that just distracts us from doing the job of driving, now do we?

cant go wrong

by such a surprise from clearfield pa | March 28, 2014

if looking for dependability, gas mileage, & really cute suv the crosstrek xv limited is perfect! I cannot say enough regarding the outstanding service rec'd at stuckey Subaru in Hollidaysburg/I have purchased numerous new vehicles and have never had such an easy sale! do yourself a favor stop in and see jerry Pollock; I promise u will not be disappointed! only

Love my Crosstrek!

by Gross Grace from Spokane, WA | March 11, 2014

I love this car. The only thing I could ask for is that is had a 2.5 engine to give it a bit more torque. Also, why did they make this car with such a light interior? I didn't want leather and that is all there was. The seats could be a bit more comfortable, too. Other than that, Subaru delivered as always, with exceptional technology.

Crosstrek, looks great, ok otherwise

by Subaru owner from PA | February 16, 2014

I got what I paid for. AWD, 8" ground clearance, expected Subaru reliability, but several convenience items are a pain. For my wife the seat belt i is too far back to reach for when she has the seat set for her. Also, no power driver's seat available on any model. Aux audio jacks to far back and at the bottom of the center console storage area. No after markedt side steps available for this car and shorter people definitely will get their legs/pants dirty geting in and out of the car. Had Outback with the same ground clearance and never had this problem. Ignition key use is not seamless, key doesn't easily work every time. Not sure why, but a pain to deal with. All in all Subaru could have done a better job with interior ease of use.

I've only had the car a month. so far great!

by Pat from California | January 26, 2014

I purchased my little car about 4 weeks ago. I love the zippy look and comfort. It is fun to drive and easy to park. I haven't learned how to control the volume on the navigation system and the alarm bell (for seat belts etc) Mike, the great salesman I worked with, called a few days ago. He was great and invited me to drive over and see him and he will go through everything with me again, I will drop by this week. I love the fact these cars only require regular gasoline, get good mileage, and are fun to drive. I'm a happy customer!

Almost Perfect

by Hoo-Ha from Long Island/Vermont | December 19, 2013

Very comfortable seating for long ride. Performance excellent. Control panel befuddling and non-instinctive. Wipers and wind defrosting marginal. Reliability:Too soon to tell. Subaru history good.

Great Small SUV

by Happy 2014 XV owners from Pittsburgh, Pa. | November 28, 2013

We decided to upgrade from our 06 Rav 4 which was a great vehicle. 1st test drive was the CX5 (which was a lot of fun to drive and handled really well) If I was an impulse buyer I would have gone with that vehicle. Next was the 2013 Rav 4 (other than looks it really felt like driving our 06 which there is nothing wrong at all with that) We never had any major problems with it and has been a solid and reliable vehicle. After countless hours of research and comparison on all of the small to mid size SUV's priced in the 20's .... I decided to go with Subaru (Because of their 4 wheel drive system,gas mileage and reliability) ....1st choice was the Forester but changed to the Impreza figuring we could save 4 or 5 grand....Then I saw the Crosstrek and looked into that.....Took it for a test drive and was hooked! It was a lot of fun to drive and handled really well, felt solid and had plenty of zip to get around (It's not a sports car and wont turn in a great 0-60 time but has plenty of power for every day driving)...definitely enough passing power on the highway and haven't notice any more road noise than in our Rav 4. (Maybe because of the great sound system that came with the Nav package) ....Not as much cargo or passenger space as the Rav but still feels roomy with our family of 4. If your looking for a well made and fun to drive SUV that gets great MPG in a 4 wheel drive Definitely check into the Crosstrek and take it for a spin!

Good investment

by Glady379 from Leominster, MA | November 3, 2013

I recently purchased a Subaru Crosstrek from North End Subaru in Lunenburg MA, from Greg Nourimo. I have included the dealership name and the name of my salesperson because I feel it was a huge part of my purchasing this car. The buying experience was most pleasant. There was no high pressure salesmanship. I love my new car.

Great buying experience

by Crosstrek convert from Oxford, CT | October 24, 2013

I recently purchased a Subaru Crosstrek limited from Premier Subaru in Branford, CT, from Jeffrey Lambert. I have included the dealership name and the name of my salesperson because I feel it was a huge part of my purchasing this car. The buying experience was most pleasant. There was no high pressure salesmanship. It was a relaxed and informative process from test-driving various models to final purchase. The Crosstrek has surprisingly good acceleration. I have always had V6 engines, except for a V8 in my youth, and during the test drive was surprised at how quickly the Crosstrek accelerated when merging onto I-95. The Crosstrek has a lively and responsive engine. The leather seats are quite comfortable, both front and rear. The auto-dimming mirror is fantastic. There is no glare from the lights of vehicles behind you. The back up camera feature is also very nice. The cabin is quite. This was a priority for my wife. We have a minivan, which is fantastically functional, but the road noise is to loud for her. The red interior illumination lights came with the car, it is an option, and surprisingly, both my wife and I like it. It makes the dials easy to read and is easy on the eyes. The Crosstrek is a very stylish awd vehicle. In closing, test drive a Crosstrek when considering purchasing a this class of car.