2009 Suzuki Equator

2009 Suzuki Equator
Available in 9 styles:  2009 Suzuki Equator 4x2 Extended Cab 125.9" WB shown

Overall

Excellent size for the city

by City driver in Atlanta from Atlanta, GA | May 19, 2015

I have an Extended Cab Suzuki Equator. I have owned it well over four years now and have had zero problems. The truck is very solid going over bumps with no squeaks or rattles. The visibility of this truck is very good too. I have the 2.5L four cylinder with an automatic transmission. I regularly get 20-21 mpg driving around the city. I routinely take road trips to Texas and have averaged 25-26 mpg. Since it has a 21 gallon gas tank I have on occasion gone over 500 miles on a tank of gas. The smaller engine gets around town just fine but in hilly terrain this truck struggles. The interior is pretty basic with hard plastics, but it is durable. I would definitely buy another Equator or Nissan Frontier again.

Pleasant Surprise

by Pickup Commuter from Palm Beach, Florida | June 13, 2012

Had an old 95 Dodge pickup before this so driving the 2009 Equator Extend is like stepping into the 21st century. I have the 4 cyl which I need for gas eco since I have a long commute and I don't tow but, I do need the bed which has factory sprayed liner. Perfect combo for me. Also have the 16" alloy rims which give the truck a wide stance. Interior same as Frontier seems durable and car-like. Truck is TALL. Nice, firm ride, feels very stable even at highway speeds. Equator styling gets compliments. Highly recommend.

All the truck most really need

by Multi-tasker from Trenton, Tn | April 5, 2012

Got 2009 Crew Cab new, now has 64665 miles. Had full size 4 x 4 in past. Needed better mileage but still have hauling capability. This truck fits me. 22-25mpg with reasonably smooth ride and motor is strong performer. I mostly stay on-road and don't miss the 4 x 4 feature. Only negative to me is that doors will self-lock for no reason so am careful to keep fob in pocket! I know it is simply a re-badged Nissan Frontier but dealer made great offer--then went out of business 3 months later. Have not needed a dealer so far anyway--guess will go to Nissan when do. Also like the navigation pop-up on top dash! Hope to drive many more trouble-free miles!

Featured Services for this Suzuki Equator