2010 Suzuki Equator

See Photos & Videos

Overall

look close

by lockroter from newton,ks | October 8, 2010

every since I bought the truck it has had problems with the rear door not latching. First the dealership replaced the door switch , no luck, then the bottom latch...no luck. Now there telling me it could be latch alighnment and the striker. It has become quite annoying and cannot use the interior light and had to pull the bulbs out of cargo lamp....everytime the door ajar light flickers so does the lights. I think the problem is being addressed too slow and am not sure if the local dealer is workin hard enough to fix this problem. not sure if anyone else has had this issue.

Great truck for everything

by truckin' mama from Sunny Carolina | August 7, 2010

The 2010 Suzuki extended cab is just right for me. I am very impressed with the exterior styling and interior comfort. The gas mileage is not as good as my old truck but it is better than some of the other trucks I considered before buying the Suzuki. The interior looks classy. One negative about the interior design is the placement of the cup holders and console storage box between the front bucket seats. They seem to be a little further back than I find comfortable. Perhaps it is that I have my seat closer to the steering wheel because I am short. As far as handling on the road, it's a great ride. The power steering and ABS brakes make driving it a pleasure. However, it does not have as tight of a turning radius as I would like. I ultimately bought the Suzuki Equator because of the safety ratings, front and side airbags and the price. The Suzuki Equator was the best value for the money. I compared this truck with 3 other comparable makes and the Suzuki came out on top for best value AND best drive train warranty. 7 years/100,000 mi is unbeatable. This truck looks sharp, handles well, has great base features, plenty of zip, even for 4 cylinders, hauls my boat with no problem. Plenty of room for the dogs and groceries in the cab. Can haul a load of lumber or firewood. I could not be happier. This truck is the best little secret on the road. So glad I did my homework.

awesome truck

by crawfish from louisiana | July 12, 2010

very nice truck, i have the rmz4 4x4 and could not be happier, i think the front grill is much better looking than any other truck out there, very very tough truck, excellant offroading, i have a 2" lift kit on mine with stock tires and i have climbed everything and have been thru everything, very impressed with the equator, stereo is nice and the room inside is great, fuel economy could be better, but not too bad, i just love it and i get compliments all the time, very fun and afffordable truck

A truck for my needs.

by Crazy old man from | June 1, 2010

I have mixed feelings about this truck. I needed a truck to replace my totaled 1999 Tacoma. Both the new and the old trucks have 4 cylinders. Being heavier and larger the Equator feels slow. Pulling a 1000 pound trailer makes no difference on the small hills here in Indiana. As I'm nearing retirement age I need a little slower anyway. This truck is what I need. Economical. Very comfortable for a truck. Softens terrible pothole-filled Indiana roads great. Can tow up to 3500 pounds if needed. This is a rare truck. I have put 10238 miles on my 2009 and have only seen 4 other Equators on the road in 10 months.

Good deal for the money

by Equator owner from wichita, Ks. | December 3, 2009

I have the "premium" trim option. The trucks appearance is vary nice. It has stylish seats for being cloth. On the down side they hold my dogs hair. The larger wheels are nice. It sits up as high as a full size truck just not as long. The truck is under powered when going up hills but still gets it done. In fact I drove it to the top of Pikes peak. On the way down the four wheel disk breaks were nice. The so called "expert" review said it comes standard with a spray on bed liner. It is not standard. I wish it were I'm looking into getting it done.I found it odd that the owners manual dose not fit in either of the two glove boxes. The sheet metal that the bed is made of is so thin that I put about 500 lbs of weight in the bed and it flattened some of the ribs in the bed. So a work horse it is not. It takes turns wide like a larger truck but handles pretty well over all. I was shopping for a used truck but with the incentives that were offered It was about the same price. Its a great daily driver. Its looks good. and it hauls home most anything I buy. I do wish it had more get up and go. I hate rev-ing it up to 4500 RPM on the on ramp to get up to speed. And I have concerns about damaging the bed if I haul something heavy again. If I were ever to buy another one it would have to be the 6 Cyl. The pricing did get me into a newer truck than I could have other wise been able to buy.

Featured Services for this Suzuki Equator