2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Available in 8 styles:  2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

The Best Car I ever had!!

by Devoted to my Suzuky from Bridgeport , CT | October 27, 2012

this is by far a great small suv, i love it, never had a problem in 6 years!! It is a strong, reliable, fun to drive car with lots of power.

So Far So Good

by Working Mom from Utah | August 16, 2011

I like the looks of the vehicle and so far am very happy with the performance. I do not like the layout of the shifting handle though. And it has been very uncomfortable to sit in for very long.

Excellent Value

by Heavy Equipment Operator-35 YEARS! from Fort Myers, FL | April 10, 2011

I bought my 2006 Luxury Grand Vitara-4X4 in October 2006. I had one issue with the ABS wheel sensors at 30,000 miles which were both replaced under vehicle warranty. The only other issue I have is right now with the A/C. I did some diagnostics and it appears the control panel needs to be replace at $495. Everyone buys a new blower as soon as it stops working. If you pull it out and check it with power direct from the battery it probably will work. The resistor can be an issue but in my case probably not because nothing works. Generally, you would get at least one speed with the resistor. Outside of this, the car has been fantastic for the 135,000 I have on it. One tune up at 120,000 but it wasn't having any issues. I did it as preventative maintainence. I use Mobil-1 synthetic and Mobil-1 filters. Amsoil is the best but very difficult to come by. I think for the options that come standard you can't beat the value for the price! Toyotas were at minimum $5000 higher with less options! I'm looking for 300,000 out of this vehicle with minimal repairs. I am a stickler on PREVENATIVE MAINTAINENCE!!!! ABSOLUTE NECESSITY IN MY BOOK!!!!

Go For It! Tight, Responsive, Reliable

by Empty Nester from Midwest | February 15, 2011

While the Suzuki is not one of the most popular vehicles in the U.S., after doing some research and discovering the 7 yr/100k transferrable warranty, I was sold on it. Hubby was more of a skeptic, but once he got behind the wheel, his hesitation ceased. I bought this for transportation to/from work and getting around. I live in the north, so 4 wheel drive really is a great option - and sometimes more a necessity. Hubby is a big guy (6'4", 275) and fits comfortably in the drivers seat. Back seat has enough leg room not to crowd anyone. This wouldn't be a vehicle for more than 4 - 3 in the back would be a very close fit. The steering and overall handling is tight. It has power when you need it. The ride is higher than a car, so you can see a lot more, but not as high as the largest SUV's. I love the keyless. I don't have to look for my keys - just have them with me. The only thing to be aware of is your cell phone may interfere with the key signal. Just be sure they're in different pockets. This is all time 4WD vehicle, so when you need it, you've got it. There's also lever to lock in 4WD. It's also got ESP - my understanding is the vehicle senses when you're losing control and will apply braking to various wheels to stablize. There's an ESP lock out for under 20mph if you want to go 4-wheeling. (Not yet.) Mileage is approx 20 around town. I guesstimate it will be the same on the highway; I don't see that it will change much. Not much of a "trunk" at all. I keep a basket of necessities in the back (jumper cables, windshield washer, etc) and there's room enough for groceries. Not much beyond that. I guess I'm easily adaptable because that didn't stop me. Lots of added extras for this vehicle - heated seats, multi-cd player, stereo controls on steering wheel, sun roof, automatic headlights... Overall, I love this vehicle.

EXCELLENT VALUE

by REPEAT SUZUKI OWNER from Louisville, KY | July 23, 2010

PREVIOUSLY OWNED A SUZUKI XL7 FOR 3 1/2 YEARS + ABOUT 80,000 MILES AND HAD SUCH GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH IT I BOUGHT AN '06 GRAND VITARA LUXURY 4X4. MY ONLY REGREAT WAS THE ORIGINAL TIRE PERFORMANCE AND NEEDING TO REPLACE AT ONLY 29,000 MILES. THE GRAND VITARA LUXURY HAS SO MANY OPTIONS IT IS UNHEARD OF IN ANY OTHER VEHILCE IN THE PRICE RANCE IT RIVALS A LUXURY VEHICLE SUCH AS A LEXUS OR SIMILAR SUV. GREAT WARRANTY BUT CAUTION IT REQUIRES A MAJOR SERVICE AT ABOUT 36,000 MILES IN ORDER TO CONTINUE THE WARRANTY. OVERALL I WILL ALWAYS THINK OF THIS AS A DEPENDABLE MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION AND LUXURY TOO. THE 4X4 OPTION AFFORDS THE SECURITY OF KNOWING IN THE SNOW AND ICE YOU STILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO TRAVEL WITH LOTS OF PEACE OF MIND. IF YOU HAVE A SOMEWHAT LIMITED BUDGET YET WANT ALL THE NICER THINGS THIS CAR IS AN EXCELLENT VALUE.

LOVE IT

by Girl w/ Vitara from Virginia | May 7, 2009

This is the only vehicle that I have ever owned that I have kept over two years and have no plans to get rid of it anytime soon. I love it!!!! There is plenty of room for when I take all three of my very large dogs somewhere. We took it to Florida a year or so ago, and it was my sister her two boys and me, plus all our luggage and all the boy's stuff that they had to keep them busy and there was plenty of room for everyone. We didn't have to move our seats up to give them more room. Adults will fit in the back also with plenty of leg room. THE BEST SUV EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I were to have to buy a new car I would buy the same thing again:)

good vehicle

by ready to retire from St Joseph, Mo | May 25, 2008

I had a G.V. luxury 4X4 It was very dependable car. I liked the styling and handling . Fuel economy was "ok". I got 22 mpg on the hyway and 19 mpg average driving. Anything over 70 mph cut mileage by at least 2mpg. bigest dislike was cruise control. It shifted too quick in rolling hills, making it almost unuseable . The hood and headlight design cast a shadow limiting visiablity on the edge of hyway causing some concern in our area with the amount of deer.

Stay Away From The Automatic

by Rob from Halifax, NS | March 16, 2008

06 Grand Vitara Leather Loaded +On the Plus Side +Great value for the money. +Keyless entry / start is second to none. As long as you have the Key Fob on you you can un-lock the doors and start the engine. +All the saftey features you could ask for and more. Anti lock brakes, ESP, Traction Control +Home link system is great +Heated Leather seats +4x4 Hi/ Hi lock/ Low lock /Neutral +Climate control is great -Negatives - Automatic tranny is not good on the highway. It is down-shift happy. The slightest hill will have the tranny down shifting to 4th or 3rd even though you are giving it very little gas. It revs to over 5000 RPM on even the small hills out on the Highway. Stay away from the auto tranny. -Windshield wiper switch is backwards compared to other makes. Buttons for power acc are not lighted. -Rear door opens from the wrong side. Should have been hatch style and open up ward to help keep you dry when loading/un-loading in bad weather. What could have been a GREAT SUV is really ruined by a very bad Auto tranny. If you live in a hilly area STAY AWAY FROM THE AUTO TRANNY.. I had the dealer test drive and say it is normal for the Grand Vitara to rev like that (5000RPM) on the highway. And I had the regonal Rep take a test drive and say it is normal for the Grand Vitara to REV like this on small hills on the highway, it is normal. I have owned many cars and trucks and drivin many company cars and trucks but I have never seen an auto work this bad. Stay away from the Auto Trans. Rob

I LOVE my Car - Grand Vitara

by VS from New Jersey | August 10, 2007

I will recommend this SUV to any one as it is real value for money with great style & driving pleasure. I was looking for a good SUV & came across this from a Nisan Dealer with 10,000 miles on it but still feel likes new as it is over 20,000 miles now.

Sweet car!!!

by I used to drive a Mustang GT from Indiana | July 25, 2007

I agree with the other reviews almost entirely. First of all, the car looks really sharp. I have the X-Sport package with 18 inch rims and tires, and an added sunroof. It looks real nice and stands out from the other comparable vehicles in its class like the Rav4 or CR-V and is cheaper. Other greats: the steering wheel controls, the temperature controls, the 6-disk cd in-dash changer, smooth riding and great handling. The cons: 19-20 mpg average, engine whines a bit when punched but is not too bad, a bit slow of a car for the lack of great mpg, the mpg indicator which goes up and down as the car goes slower or faster, up hills, downhills, when you let off the gas, braking, etc... It would have been nicer if the gauge just showed you what you have been averaging for mpg for the tank as a whole instead of what you are averaging every second you are driving. Or it would have been nice to take out this feature and add a compass instead. This would have been a better and more usable feature. All-in-all, it is a great looking vehicle with nice features, for a lot less money than comparable vehicles.

Featured Services for this Suzuki Grand Vitara