2012 Suzuki Kizashi

2012 Suzuki Kizashi

Available in 9 styles:  2012 Suzuki Kizashi 4dr AWD Sedan shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

The best car I ever owned

by Franko from New-Brunswick, Canada | January 30, 2014

I drove a lot of cars in my life (Acura TSX, Audi A4 Quattro, BMW 328, etc.) and I can say that it's the best car I ever owned so far. The intelligent all wheel-drive system is incredible and better than my previous Audi A4 Quattro. Furthermore, you can chose to put it FWD or AWD whenever you want. I removed the badge in the back and I had around 15 people in 1 year asking me if it was a Lexus, Audi or Mercedes (the car looks really good!). I also had around a lot of people behind me for a few seconds, passing me by and turning their head to verify what kind of car I had (what a great feeling every time). I am currently at 23 000 km... not a single problem. The only cons are that I find it really hard on gas and it lacks of power (not enough HP for a heavy car like that). It's hard to tell for the gas because I am only doing city. I almost bought the new Acura ILX or a Subaru...but after looking at all the specs and the price.. it was the best choice and I don't regret it.

What a value

by Me from Upstate, NY | October 2, 2013

Being young and a single mother, I needed a car that I could rely on, with all wheel drive and a little bit of power to still be some fun but not eat a ton of gas either. this car is exactly what I was looking for with extremely affordable pricing!!! The handling is amazing and I feel like Im driving a rental half the time. I originally thought that it was too good to be true, but it turns out....this was the deal of a lifetime for me! I got an almost brand new car with some of the extras for only $15,000!!! The only issues that I have with it at all are that Im a very petite person and sometimes it feels too "roomie" for me. I feel like Im reaching for the radio or heat/ac controls sometimes. Also, the steering is VERY tight!!!!! I can't stress this enough! I've had the vehicle for 3 weeks now and Im still getting used to it. Other than that.....I LOVE my Suzuki Kizashi! What a great car for a reasonable price!

Probably 1 of the nicest cars i have onwed

by Diggz from Halifax Nova Scotia | September 9, 2013

Title says it all I have owned quite a few high end cars such as Infiniti G35x Mercedes Benz S-Class a few nissans here & there and this car is very high on my list seats are comfortable dont mind the CVT if you owned an Altima SL before you know what to expect It really is to bad Suzuki did not point out some of the highlights of this car that some higher end vehicles have mine is the Sport AWD SLS modle so it has everything like rain sensing wipers power passanger seat 10 Speaker Fosgate system the handling of this car in a corner is very stable this car has amazing headlights at night the body style is far beyond its time everyone who sees the car ask and says it looks better than some of the other cars i have had my 1 and only complaint truly is the bluetooth other than that I think Im in love !!!!

Can't beat it for the price

by Car Guy from Minnesota | August 28, 2013

We bought a used 2010 GTS with 20k on it. We have put 20k on it since the purchase. We were looking for an AWD car so we looked at used Subarus and others. For the price/reliability/content we couldn't pass up the Kizashi. The car has been solid with zero issues. We switched to synthetic oil and our mileage went way up. Currently averaging 24 mpg in the city and consistently get 34 mpg on the highway. On a few tanks we got 40 mpg highway. My only complaints are the CVT from a standing start is slow to accelerate. Once you get moving a bit then it takes off. Also it does have a bit of road noise, could just be the tires too. The electric steering has a different feel to it. Not bad, just different than I am used to. Overall this car is just a plain bargain.

Nicest car for the money

by ncasianp from New Orleans, LA | July 29, 2013

Test drove a 2012 left-over but new SE and were impressed with fit/finish, steering/ride and overall feels. Bought the car after some more research. Other than disliking the feel of CVT, we are pleased with the car. We even tracked down and purchased another Kizashi with manual transmission. Swapping vinyl steering wheel and shift knob with leather covered ones (brought out the cruising control) as well as updating with aftermarket navigation units made Kizashi close to perfect. Our previous cars were 2002 BMW M Coupe and 2000 323i Wagon!

Nice ride

by Commuting Enthusiast from San Rafael, CA | February 20, 2013

Disclaimer: owned for 3 weeks, too early to talk reliability. Hushed, yet composed ride, good handling w/18s, very high feature content and creature comforts for the price. Not too fast (in automatic), a bit on the chunky side, so not a gas sipper. Can be hurried via shift paddles, CVT in '12 works just fine. Quiet safe vibe.

2012 suzuki kizashi sls

by jono6406 from tampa,fl | December 9, 2012

quality made car that looks like it cost thousands more than it does but the fit and finish is extremely well with quality materials in and out. The 30 mph cvt transmission is a blast to drive and the oem garmin works like a charm.well worth the money. too bad suzuki did promote this car.

Very Dissapointed

by Angie from Alabama | May 23, 2012

Bought the car 8 months ago and have had nothing but problems. The wheels were scratched in shipment, had to replace the tires after 30,000 ( VERY expensive), the car locked me out while it was running ( not suppose to be able to lock the keys in the car), the radio changes channels on a whim, and now my windshield wipers are going out. I have a long drive to work and back each week so I already have 40,000 miles on the car. That means NO warranty left. Unbelievable to me that all of this can go wrong with an 8 month old car. Worst car I've ever owned and would never recommend to anyone.

Best sports sedan out there!!

by Keldon from Ohio | May 20, 2012

This car is simply AMAZING! I am so excited and happy with it I don't know where to begin. First let me say I traded a 2010 Fusion Sport AWD for this car and have absolutely NO regrets. Granted the Fusion was very fast b/c of its powerful V6, but it never FELT very sporty driving it because of its numb steering, clunky manumatic shifter, and heavy weight. It also had a long-range remote start, and some state-of-the-art safety features like blind-spot monitoring and cross-traffic alert, but I honestly don't miss ANY of those features after driving this car! I sprung for the AWD SLS (minus navigation because I didn't like the look of it on the Kizashi) in Ice Blue metallic b/c it is so gorgeous on this car. The GTS and SLS models look the same but have a few different features. But the ground effects, lower chrome strip, wheels, and aggressive front end transform the regular Kizashi into one fantastic looking sports sedan. The car has the feel of a BMW, the build quality the Japanese are known for, and an exterior design like nothing else on the road. It is such a blast to drive. It truly feels like a high-end German car, in that everything works together and makes you feel connected to the car. Don't believe the reviews by so-called experts that knock the power and CVT transmission. Its a wonderful combination that just works. 180hp in a 3200lb car is plenty to elevate your heart rate. No this car isn't going to win any drag races b/c its not a jackrabbit off the line, but once moving it feels every bit as fun as any BMW or Audi I've driven. Its steering is tight and communicative, its handling is razor-sharp, and its overall feel is positively Germanic. And while the CVT in automatic mode may be too lethargic for some, all you have to do is put it in manual/sport mode and use the BMW-like shifter or the F1-inspired paddle shifters. That's the only way I drive mine now and the car is SO much faster and more fun that way b/c you can keep it in the power range. Oh, and wher else can you get an AWD sports sedan where you can turn off the AWD when you don't need it to improve gas mileage? Nowhere! Trust me, if you're in the market for a sports sedan, take either an AWD GTS or SLS for an extended test drive AFTER driving whatever else is on your list, and you'll be sold. There is nothing else out there in this price range that offers all this equipment, is as good-looking, or is as fun to drive. Yes you could go buy a used BMW 328 or 335 for $26-30,000, but then you'd have a USED car, with tons of miles on it, questionable reliability, and minimal options, that may or may not have been treated well. I've owned some serious sports sedans in my life, and this AWD Kizashi SLS is every bit as fun as any of them, for a fraction of the price! Again, while this Kizashi SLS AWD may not be the fastest sports sedan out there, its combination of value for the money, driving dynamics, steering feel, build quality, refinement, and overall FUN factor cannot be beat. Suzuki now has it at 0% for 72mos!! And another plus is its different...you won't see them all over the place like every other sports sedan. Be prepared though... lots of people will be asking you what it is and telling you how good looking it is.

Good car...so far.

by Kizashi Owner from Los Angeles area | May 14, 2012

Other than the engine noise, the car is great so far. The car actually rides better at higher speeds.

Featured Services for this Suzuki Kizashi