2007 Suzuki SX4

Est. MPG

23 city / 28 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Incredible option package, Easy and FUN to own.

by WayOutWestes from Seattle WA | November 5, 2013

I bought my 2007 model used with only 13,000 miles on it in 2010. Switching from my beloved Ford Ranger Pick-up to this car, appeared to be to be simple decision for me to make at 1st. I want a truck, wife wants a compact car, I have the money so I'm getting another truck right? WRONG. Wife insisted I take the tiny little Suzuki for a test drive before going off and spending 20K on a slightly used pick-up truck. Long story short, I left the dealership that day owning a slightly used Suzuki SX4 for only $13,000.00 and do not regret it one bit. I did miss the extra room that the truck had for carrying and hauling stuff so I installed a Thule cargo box on ol' Suzy and solved that small issue. The car gets 2X the gas mileage that the truck did and I can park this little thing just about anywhere. I live in downtown Seattle and love being able to fit into parking spaces that most vehicles can't due to their length. Another cool feature this micro machine has is the super extra large penny slot built into the hatch back door. Not sure where I can find a giant 2' x 2' penny to slip in there, but when I do find it every body driving near me better watch-out cuz this puppy will be doing wheelies and donuts, all day n night, up and down the avenue. :0 :) Next thing I want to do with my SX4 is race one of those new little Fiat cars and blow it's freakin' doors off. Weeeeee!!!

Boring, slow & stupid

by BR3026 from Pittsburgh, PA | August 14, 2013

My wife's car has become mine after we purchased her an A6. The car is uncomfortable for any drive over a half an hour and terrible in situations where there are wind gusts - you had better be paying attention. While it is less than sure-footed in serious wet conditions it is better than expected in the snow. This is more surprising given that the "all wheel drive" disengages at highway speeds. It is slow to obtain highway speeds when merging. A small fuel tank (10gal) combined with MPG similar to vehicle with twice the fuel capacity means you will get to become better friends with your local fuel station clerk. I will say that after 115K miles we have had no major failures. It's just so less than average.

worth every penny

by sx4 CT from CT | December 17, 2012

great little car, gas tank is small only 10 gallons. But having all wheel drive available on the fly priceless. This car fits what i need, not big not too small 143 hp gets you were you need to go. Overall reliability seems good, i'm new to the Sx4, so we'll see how it goes.

Best car for the price!!!

by Big Red from Puyallup, WA | February 25, 2012

I have never seen a car this good with AWD, for the price that I pay. I drove From Puyallup, WA to Las Vegas NV, then Disney in Anaheim CA, and back to Puyallup WA on my summer vacation 2011. It is fun to drive and not one problem sense I got it new.The AWD is great I have been on the hwy doing 60 mph with snow on the grand passing other car and SUV (with out AWD). Now it's my daughter car and I know she will be safe in it!!!

little suv

by jut a driver from palmyra virginia | June 5, 2011

finanally someone gave this little boomer its proper due. great headroom , lots of room for legs. its just me and my wife so back seats havnt been sat on. we own 2 other cars, an infiniti 2011 g35 and a totota truck tundra 4wd 2008 and we bought this ltlle suzuki just to put our large dogs in the back to take them to the park etc. fold down seats put in thick paddinfg and its a dog palace, nice airflow to the back, rear windows go down halfway. perfect for dog riding lol gas tank could be bigger but where are these people who get 28 mph driving?? ours routinely gets 40 mph. great sound system and we bought the only burnt orange one ive ever seen for the 12,000 we paid , who cares. dealership was going out of business so we drove 120 miles to buy it and theres a dealer 12 miles from our house who wanted 16,000 for exact car( protection package, extended warranty blah blah blah 45 k and just change tires a small great car

Suzuki SX4 AWD

by Murph from Madison, WI | May 13, 2011

Great value for the $$ - the AWD handles very well in the snow. Not a real powerful engine which is what I wanted for kids car.

Great little car

by klove from Philadelphia | May 13, 2011

I purchased my Suzuki SX4 2007 three months ago and I just love driving it. I wasn't much of a driver until now. I am a small lady but not in this car. I sit up high enough.. better than the 2007 Honda Fit. The Suzuki actually feels more sturdy than the Honda Fit.

Just your basic car

by momof3 from Lancaster, PA | December 20, 2010

Works fine. I was looking for a basic car to take me back and forth to work that has 4WD. Not fancy, but gets the job done. The only problem is that the gas tank is so small (10 gallons) that I'm constantly putting gas in.

great car

by buddy from nova scotia | July 16, 2010

i now have my suzuki for three years and i'm very happy with the reliable three years that i had so far,it is nice to say that the only thing i do is add gas there is not many vehicles today that you can brag up like the suzuki,would i buy another with out a doubt,it is the most reliable vehicle that i ever owned.

Solid vehicle

by Rick from Raleigh | April 30, 2010

I purchased my 2007 Suzuki SX4 hatchback from a dealer. The car had only 12k miles at the time. I now have 16k miles and at this point absolutely no complaints. One of the downfalls of the vehicle I had seen reviewed was that it was not a quiet ride. I have to disagree. In it's class it is much quieter than the Honda Fit and the Ford Escort, though the Nissan Versa is probably the most quiet of the four. The SX4 is very nimble, and while it only averages about 28mpg, it does have the benefit of on-the-fly all wheel drive when needed for mud or snowy conditions. No other vehicle in its class offers this. It handles well, though the turning radius isn't the best in class. The dash is well thought out for easy access to controls, with plenty of cupholders for the morning coffee carpool commute. From takeoff it's a mite sluggish for a 2.0 liter but that is due to the extra weight required of the all wheel drive; a sacrifice I was willing to accept. Once up to speed it has quick acceleration in the higher gears. There is plenty of head room for taller passengers as the vehicle was built with that in mind. The one drawback is that it could use a sixth gear. The five speed idles high and I find myself reaching for the shifter for just one more. Overall, I am very satisfied with the vehicle, particularly for the price. This is one of Suzuki's best offerings. I talked to several independent dealers and mechanics and all agreed you can't go wrong with this one. I was hesitant to venture from the Honda's I had always owned, but took a chance and am very pleased.

Featured Services for this Suzuki SX4