2009 Suzuki SX4

2009 Suzuki SX4

Available in 13 styles:  2009 Suzuki SX4 4dr AWD Hatchback shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Good car for around town

by Oregon Redneck from Salem, OR | April 2, 2014

I bought mine used with about 30K on odometer in 2012. Its now April 2014 and have 95K on it (commuted lots, now its a intown car for my wife) I have done all basic maintenance more so I know it was done including Plugs, coolant, air filter, and both brakes (front and rear). It has been great for intown other than the mileage and with the small tank it gets filled up every week. Love all the power accessories and a fairly inexpensive car. Great for intown driving as a trip from Portland to Seattle was getting uncomfortable on the legs for both of us in the car.

Best used compact crossover to be found!

by Charlie722 from Lakeland, Florida | January 12, 2014

I was looking for a reliable, more fuel efficient, yet versatile compact car for a daily driver that was safe, spacious, and easy on the eyes. I looked at several comparably-sized used compacts: e.g., Honda Fit, Nissan Versa, Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe twins. Then I stumbled upon a very clean, lightly used (off lease) Suzuki SX4 Crossover with FWD, 4-speed automatic, and the Technology Package. While Suzuki may have left the American marketplace, this is a stellar vehicle, and they are still honoring the generous powertrain warranty at a network of contracted dealers (e.g., there are 5 within 50 miles of me in central Florida). Fit and finish as good as a Toyota or Honda, unbelievably roomy inside (downright capacious for cargo with the rear seats folded and tumbled, leaving a very usable flat floor area), and very well equipped for the class and the cost (power windows, door locks with remote, A/C, rear defroster, great stereo system, cruise control). And the styling is by Guigiaro, the Italian design firm that has penned bodywork for Ferraris and Lamborghinis (this same model sold in Europe with a different grille as a Fiat Sedici). Also, very safe with frontal, side, and CURTAIN airbags. What more could you want? The Technology Package comes with a Garmin Nuvi navigation system integrated into its own little compartment at the top center of the dashboard ... frosting on the cake for the directionally challenged! If I lived up north and had to contend with snow and ice, I would be looking for one of these with all wheel drive, but in Florida that is not necessary, thankfully.

The most awesome car I have found

by Willie from Houston, Tx | April 5, 2013

I have never known Suzuki as a car company but this is an awesome automotive vehicle. The SX4 sport gets such better gas mileage than previously owned vehicles & will probably be a well thought of company @ my next vehicle purchase..

describe

by Makkah743 from Makkah | March 1, 2013

It really good car , but this car just for city , in high road not good . It my car now , i really admire to it .

TREMENDOUS value

by Suzuki lover from Long Island, NY | September 17, 2012

I own 2 SX4 sedans. I bought both of them used. They are both 2009 sport models. I gave one to my daughter who travels back and forth between Long Island and Arlingtom Va. I use one everyday traveling all of Long Island, Brooklyn and Queens. We love these cars. They are comfortable and responsive. They handle beautifully and corner like cats. The car comes with a very large trunk. The seats are great. You sit up nice and high, much like you would in a small suv. One of them has an outside heated side view mirror and climate control which is very easy to use. The other one came with a built in GPS. These are not fancy cars but they come with enough goodies to make them extremely functional. So far they have been as reliable as you could hope for. No problems or issues with either one. I look forward to driving mine every day and i know my daughter feels the same way. My wife wants one for herself and if i can swing it she will have one by the end of the year. Power windows and door locks, power outside mirrors. ABS brakes and tire monitoring system included with both. Suzuki has one of the best warranties around and it is transferrabled so we got a lot of coverage even though they were both bought used. I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle!! Good safety rating with lots of airbags. Hope you found this helpful.

This is one great car! 2009 FWD SX4

by Proud owner SX4 sedan (not AWD) from Minneapolis, Mn | January 12, 2012

Ok, first the bad things, since it's such a short list: there is small problem with the tranny around 45mpr. It struggles to decide on which gear it should be in, just like the reviews said it would. I dont like that there isnt a trunk release button on the FOB - you have to use the key from the outside. And its not the best in the MN snow because it's so light. Now for all the great things - I bought this car used in 2010 with about 5000 miles on it. I stole it for 10k. I love that your butt doesnt drag on the ground when you sit in it because the seats sit up higher. I also dont have trouble getting out of it. You open the door, turn toward the door and stand up. No trying to lift you body up because your sitting down lower than your hips. The head room for my hubby who is over 6 feet is great and was the final selling point when we were comparing this to chevy cobalt. The sound system, the GPS, the room for 3 kids in the back, the gas mileage ( 26 in town-35mpg hwy) is great - but remember I dont have the AWD model either, the color of oceanmist is awesome and I get complements all the time, the trunk space is amazing, and most of all it has now been almost 2 years and a total of 50k miles and I've had no problems with it mechanically at all. It has a "growling" sound when you step on the gas and I find that to be cool, rather than a downfall. This is one great car and I hope it last me for 250k!

Great little car

by Cash for Clunkers bargain from Maine | December 21, 2011

I traded in a Land Rover Discovery for this car (Cash for Clunkers). I love it! Yes, the gas tank is small, interior noise level is relatively high, and the mpg is not great (I average 27 mpg), but for what you pay for, this is a great little car. Lots of interior room, great handling, slow to accelerate but steady and dependable. Not a lot of people have them so it generates some attention. I have a lot of sporting gear and it holds my bikes, skis, saddles, etc. It's great for traveling to triathlon competitions and you can park it pretty much anywhere. It also ROCKS in the snow! As good as my old Land Rover, if you can believe that. Because of the 4WD it's heavy, but that contributes to the great all weather performance. Love the sound system (geared toward the front passengers only). My bright red little Suzuki is just so cool. I'm a happy customer.

great car but poor mpg

by jms from CT | June 15, 2011

i also have Suzuki 2009 touring.. great and cute looking ..i used in the last snow season and it was tremendous in the snow... the only complaint i have is the gas mileage is so bad.. they told me 25mpg city and i am lucky if i get 21mpg..highway maybe 24mpg going 60mph..so i am not flooring it to suck the gas up the gas tank is only 10 gallons and that means i am filling up 2 times a week which makes me feel like i am burning tons of gas. it has a lot of great features for a small price so i really can't complain all that much..just wish it got better gas millage..

Owned for 1 year

by College Student from Clarksville, TN | May 30, 2011

I have owned a 2009 Suzuki SX4 sport sedan for one year and love it. The sport sedan has pretty nice styling and I find it quite rare compared to other vehicles. No mechanical problems or any problems to date.

Not that well built

by HotHatcher from Milwaukee, Wisconsin | November 19, 2010

So I've had this car for almost a year and a half. I'm currently at 27,500 miles and am somewhat pleased with it. However, it has many quirks: - when it's around 40 F or below the power steering whines like crazy at city driving speeds. (Had dealer look at but they did not resolve, they said it was normal) - power window motors are weak and slow. - fabric on the seats seperate from the seats (the part that holds the fabric on keeps slipping out from under the seat) - I have to change my brakes already at 27k miles. - the engine has developed a suspicious tick when engine braking between 2k and 1500 rpm when cold. (getting checked out, but I doubt they will resolve it). Other than that, the car is great to drive and handles the snow like a champ. It's comfortable to be in and has loads of head room (I'm 6'4"). I definitely like the looks of it although it seems to be an acquired taste for some. Oh, and since you sit higher in the car you feel like you're driving an SUV....but get around 30mpg instead :) In the end, I'm becoming nervous about all these quirks. And since there aren't many Suzuki dealerships around I'm afraid that I'm not going to find a good one that can help me out with warranty issues without giving me a hard time about it. So buyer beware...