2010 Suzuki SX4

Kelley Blue Book Retail

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

$$ Great value for the money

by Small Car FAn from Texas from Texas | January 31, 2014

I probably drove 10-15 different cars, all similar in size and space, before I decided to buy this used 2010 Suzuki SX4. It has become my favorite car of all time. It feels reallty well put together and much more solid that anything in a similar price point. It rides SO much nicer and has decent body insulation. Toyota Corolla, Matrix, Honda Fit all seems great - until you drive them. You can't hear anything inside except road noise. Difficult to have a conversation. This is where the little Suzuki excells. It is a very competitive market, and its a shame Szuki decided to pull out of it in America. They had a real winner working.

Purchase

by Suzuki fan from KCMO | September 28, 2013

I found the dealership to be easy going and so far the car is great only had it 20 days ... I wish it had a little more power . But its is to cute

Happy with it!

by Wallychicago from Chicago | December 23, 2011

I've had the car for 2 months. Everyone likes the style. I like the roomy interior, the quick steering, the cargo space with the seats down, the arm rests on both sides that let your hands rest comfortably on the steering wheel at just the right points for driving. The suspension is a little hard and you feel the bumps, but that makes for sportscar handling, and I did not buy it as a luxury car. I have the front wheel drive model, and with front wheel drive on other cars I've found that's good enough for the Chicago snows. I drive mostly in the city and I love how easy it parks in a small space!

Completely Happy with this purchase

by DJ from York, PA | August 17, 2011

This is a great little car and it's safe! I was hit head on when the car was only 2 months old. The car took all of the impact. They should have totalled the car, but it was too new, so they repaired it (costing more than what I paid for the car.) I have never had a problem. It handles well...holds the road, nice tight steering and smooth breaking. Ok gas mileage but it is heavier than its competitors. Slightly sluggish for quick acceleration, but you can adjust your driving habits for that

Looking for comfort, look elsewhere...

by JustSimplyMeM from Staten Island, NY | August 14, 2011

I purchased the 2010 AWD for very specific reasons: I needed AWD for the winter, I wanted 30+ MPG for commuting, the vehicle had to be less than 15' long, for parking ease in the city and I wanted to spend around 15K; I also wanted a vehicle that had a 5 year ownership cost that was reasonable. The SX4 CrossOver met all of these criteria. I've owned the SX4 for about 8 months; the car handles well but, there are some (major) short-comings: #1: comfort - I drive 80 miles a day round-trip, an 1 1/2 each way and by 20 minutes into the commute, I miss by X-Terra Seat; there is a level of comfort, that lasts for all of 20 minutes, after that, you are numb and in pain; I've discovered by the end of my commute, I can hardly wait to get out of the seat; if comfort is important, please look elsewhere, or expect to need a lumbar and seat cushion; this was something that I didn't discover in my 15-minute test drive. It would also be nice if the seat would extend back another 2-3 inches and if it was more adjustable. I am 5'9" and have maxed-out the leg room. #2: Pick-up - the car handles well but, it does have a sluggish pick-up/acceleration; which is taxing when you are trying to merge into on-coming traffic on the turnpike; #3: Dial Visiblitiy - When I set the steering wheel to a comfort level, which for me is fully lowered, you can not see the odometer; so unless you are using cruise-control, you have to constantly dip your head to see how fast you are going, which is to say the least, annoying; #4: Interior Quality -I do wish that the interior trunk panels were thicker, and of a higer quality. But overall, for the price and the options, the SX4 is a good car, I would recommend it as long as you are under 5'9", and not looking to spend a lot of time behind the wheel for long trips or commuting. Overall, I have been happy with the SX4- I am just struggling with the comfort level. Would I recommend the car?, depends - For an around the town driver? - Yes; for commuters? No.

the worst car ever met

by caraddictive from little neck, ny | April 27, 2011

The worst car have ever bought, not reliable at all, only after 11 month since purchased it had major problem with it, water pump was leaking, 3 recalls, what a rip off! dealership is nasty people, hate everything about that car, especially with car reliability itself! send complain letter to the company, guess what no answer from them, but at your own risk!

I like it, but...

by MinnesotaSnowman from Hastings, MN | April 17, 2011

I leased this SX4 Crossover in November 2010. As of April 2011, I have a little over 3000 miles on it. I chose it because I wanted an AWD vehicle for our Minnesota winters, and everything I researched was much more expensive. I love being able to go through practically any snowfall, when my friends are spinning their tires. I like the looks of the car, the handling, the ride, and the roominess. My wife needs a wheelchair occasionally, and I can just drop the rear seats and throw her chair in the back, no problem. The only negative so far is the mileage. I only have to drive about 2 miles to work, and I very seldom drive more than 20 miles at highway speed, so I'm only getting 20 mpg. If I could get closer to 30 around town, I'd never buy/lease a different vehicle, but I guess that's the trade-off I'll have to live with for having AWD. Overall a very fun vehicle to drive.

good mileage for an AWD, good price,

by forestman from Sheffiled MA | November 2, 2010

I live in a rural location, and have to drive a lot to airports in winter for work. This requires crossing a mountain range no matter which way I go. After sliding off the road a couple of times in my previous front wheel drive car-- despite four snow tires-- I wanted AWD and stability control, but I hated to give up my 38-40 mpg. So I bought an SX4 and it seems a pretty good compromise so far. Handling is excellent, including in one emergency swerve to avoid a porcupine. Despite a relatively high center of gravity, it holds the road well and has a sporty feel to the steering. Seat comfort is good and the controls are exceptionally easy to use. The manual transmission is well geared, but stiff. Power-wise, the car is a little lacking, but not to the point of pokiness. And the fuel economy is pretty darn good for an AWD-- 30 around town, 33 on the highway (in a hilly area in both cases, but with the AWD turned off). On the styling front a number of women friends have called it cute and one called it adorable. I'd rather have sporty or sexy or some more manly adjective, but cute is a lot better than hideous! And the price was low enough that in a few years I can think about one of the new electrics that will effectively have AWD with close to no carbon footprint.

Great Car!

by Great Sports from New Jersey | October 30, 2010

I really love the performance of this car! It is a lot better than i expected. It handles well and feels comfortable to drive. The interior is great too! I love it!

good car

by yojoe from NY | October 24, 2010

I have a 2008 with 50,000 miles on it. i have replaced the radiator and tires and always have the service done at the dealership. The only complant I have is that the car does not pick up speed well. It takes off like a turtle.

Featured Services for this Suzuki SX4