2013 Suzuki SX4

Starting MSRP

Overall

Snow beast

by Dnich from Ontario,Canada | May 24, 2014

I bought this car because my area gets a lot of snow in winter. My other car is a honda fit and I can't get up my drive without trying a few times so I wanted the smallest awd for the lowest price available. On the road into town one plow at least a year crashes. This is amazing in the snow actually too good you can easily get over confident. I don't like the cvt but got it for a great price would have preferred a standard. The biggest peeve is the radio is on the GPS system and every time you shut the car off you have to hit an I agree button to see the clock and radio. When it takes awhile to respond you hit the screen again and your station changes or while adjusting the volume in the unit if you drag a digit on the screen the radio changes.

Own 2-SX4 Crossovers

by fonzi from North Tonawanda,NY | February 22, 2014

The SX4 has great performance and handling ,quick acceleration ,brake system is quick to respond. In the snow they're fantastic, while Suv's are crawling I'm flying by them with excellent traction. Fuel economy is good considering it's an AWD, Averaging 25 MPG City. Would definitely recommend this vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great liitle AWD but. oil changes are a pain

by Bullit from New Hampshire | June 15, 2013

5k on the car and overall I am pleased. Getting 28.5 mpg. Handles well and performance is goon even on the mountain roads I travel. Inside of the car is like a green house even when driving. I recommend window tint. If you are a DIY person, oil changes are incredibly difficult. It is best to have the dealer do it. The heat shield has to be removed and the a/c line moved to access the filter. The lower bolt of the shield is very difficult to access and near impossible to put back.

I LOVE my Suzuki SX4

by Spunky from Charlotte, NC | May 29, 2013

I love my Suzuki SX4! This car is a sub-compact with a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine with automatic transmission. Another sub-compact car that I own has a 4 cylinder 1.6 liter engine with manual transmission. That vehicle gets 40 mpg, but does not have the "get up & go" that my new Suzuki has. The bigger engine gets around 30 mpg combined city/highway, but it is really spunky, fun to drive & great in city traffic.

fun ride

by fun ms from Pittsburgh, Pa | January 27, 2013

I wanted a new car because I'm planning to travel more in next few years... this car handles well and is fun to drive- wonderful in the snow. I have a very steep driveway and it's the first time in many years that I zip right up even with 4-6" snow!!! The instrument panel is easy to navigate. The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I haven't been getting very good gas mileage,even tho it's a small car. I haven't taken a long trip on the highway yet either and I've only had the car a month... sometimes had it running while waiting so hope it improves ... love the heated seats and heated mirrors. Also, the roadside assistance program is great.

Bang for the buck

by Fussy from Northern Vermont | December 29, 2012

I like this car pretty well. Power enough for my needs and fair gas mileage. The 11.9 gallon fuel tank bites wind. Cold weather adversely affects the mileage and I think the transmission is very fuel inefficient. I do like the tranny a lot though and the drive system is excellent if somewhat noisy. The car handles very well, goes anywhere and is easy to get in and out of. It needs better interior lighting, bigger fuel tank and a better ride. If you really want performance you need to drive it in the auto/manual mode and it does that pretty well. If it were up to me I would give it a little more torque and gear it up a little more to keep the revs down while cruising. It starts only fair cold and at the touch of the key hot. I like the headroom and seats. I would like a key unlock feature for the liftgate. I love the hidden storage space with the cover over the spare (fake) tire. I really wish I could put a hitch on it to pull my fishing boat but Suzuki doesn't reccommend it. The front brakes sound awful cold but are silent warm. I like this car but would not buy another one without some improvements like the gas tank and interior lights I mentioned. A lockable glove box would be a welcome addition also. At 4500 miles I have not had a problem yet and I do not anticipate any, although the engine does not seem to have loosened up at all. Mileage has not changed a bit from the day I brought it home. At the 3000 mile oil change the engine oil level had not changed a bit. Excellent heater and decent air conditioner pretty good radio. Needs another display screen. Too many features for the one small one and you are constantly changing views to see things. Can be distracting.

Suzuki SX4 Crossover..

by Wheels Are Us from Malta, NY | December 11, 2012

I've only owned this car for a month and it is starting to grow on me much more than I thought. I traded in a 2005 Volvo V50 wagon (not that the Volvo was bad, but it had an automatic transmission and I wanted a manual) and initially, the Suzuki seemed much less comfortable (most cars are compared to Volvos). The Suzuki however is a very comfortable riding car compared to comparable vehicles, i.e., Hyundais and Kias. It is a very light and easy to drive car, handles quite well, has enough power to get up to speed on the interstates, and so far, has delivered 30-32 mpg. Being an AWD, it should be very useful here in the Northeast and should manage without dedicated snow tires. For a hatchback, the rear window stays quite clean (it does have a rear wiper) and all the windows defrost in a reasonable amount of time. Complaints? Auto off headlights would be nice, but it does have DRLs. The dash illumination is too bright in the country (when it's really dark) and decreasing the intensity, makes it too dim.

would buy again

by robbie from poulsbo, wa | September 9, 2012

Love the cars design and view from the drivers seat. I wish it had another 20 ho to it though. you can't beat the price for all wheel drive. we bought it for our daughter's 16 th birthday to drive to school. easyier for her to get around when snow arrives. I would buy again.