2004 Suzuki Verona

20 city / 27 hwy

Overall

Ford Explorer

by Cowboy Todd from | July 26, 2014

My wife and I have owned our 2004 Suzuki Verona for 2 years. It has only run properly for 3 weeks out of these 2 years. It has a common problem. The engine misfires on the 2 and 4 cylinders when under a load. We have spent all we are going to spend on diagnostic tests. We are not made of money. This car is so bad that when I was at the local Suzuki dealership they said that didn't want the car because they couldn't sell it. They were honest about it. They said that nobody wants to buy a 2004 Verona because of all the problems that come with the veronas. They also said that there were no recalls either. I just want to let the car buying public know that Suzuki's are worthless cars and that the dealers even know this. They should be banned and fined for selling such junk to the public. We are never going to buy a Suzuki product of any kind ever again. P.S. My children do not like this car and I hope that they take my advice. Do not buy anything from a dealer that won't fix it and admit tat it is a piece of junk.

Good Automobile

by VeronaOwner from Kansas City, Mo | July 2, 2014

I have owned a Verona since 2005. I have about 83,000 miles on it. So far, so good. I have replaced the rear shocks and a front wheel bearing. Both of these were done after the car had over 70,000 miles on it. All other maintenance was routine. Surprisingly, I haven't done a thing to the air-conditioner. I never had a car that didn't at least need a little refrigerant now and then.

The Worst Lemon Out There

by Happy Girl from ca | February 1, 2012

I don't care what anyone says about this car about being wonderful and reliable. My husband and I have had a total horror story with this car. My brother took this car on a loan with my father. My brother lost his job and so my husband agreed to take over the payments. At 30,000 miles the alternater malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. At 50,000 the engine blew and needed to be replaced. There was no compression in the engine for some strange reason. It was stalling and dying. After the engine was replaced, it seemed ok for a while. Then at another 30, 000 miles it started to act up again. Some of the oxygen sensors were going bad. The wheel bearing went out, the suspention was messed up. Several coils went bad and the spark plugs. At another 20,000 miles the engine was misfiring and weput it in the shop once again. The cadalac converter plus the warmup cadalac converter went bad. plus more coils went badand the intake valve went bad. When the cadalac converter went bad, particles fromt he codalac converter got sucked up in the engine. 2 days and $500 later the car started smoking in the front. Back in the shop it went where we discovered a hose had busted. We got the hose replaced, but just a quick fix. Now we are thinking it may need a new radiator. This car is horrible and the people who made this car and allowed people to drive it and keep driving it should be ashamed of themselves. We are still stuck with paying a huge loan on a lemon, that we can't even drive. I hope anyone reading this will see how much this car sucks!

One of the best cars I've ever had

by Suzuki forever from PA | January 10, 2012

I have an 04 Verona LX with 195k miles. Its a great car. The only things that have gone wrong under my ownership is a wheel sensor went out, disabling the ABS. I'm a sports car enthusiast who likes going fast - and quickly - but I don't find the Verona "underpowered" as everyone says. It has alot of power that gets the car up to speed quickly IF you know how to drive it right. The 2.5L Inline-6 is one of the smoothest engines out there, especially for its time. A little more power WOULD be nice, but its mainly the transmission that steals most of the power that the engine has because it shifts very smoothly (even more so than Chrysler's Ultradrive transmissions). The trans does feel disconnected from the car because of how smooth it is. The smooth, indirect soft shifts can sometimes be annoying. The engine has a very pleasant sound as well as the exhaust, it sounds like a BMW. The cabin is awesome, most materials are good quality, and the dash is just plain flat out handsome. I love the steering feel and it handles like its on rails (ignore "professional" reviews that say these cars have terrible handling, i assure you its BS) and likes to take corners fast. They are very solid well built cars that will last forever. You cannot find a better car for as cheap as you can get these cars. IMO, the best thing about them is that no one knows what they are because there is so few of them around...it feels good driving a newer car that practically no one has ever seen. These cars are freakin sweet!

Nothing but problems

by Verona sucks from Menahsa, WI | April 12, 2011

We bought our Verona in 2005. At the time we lived in Washington state and had several dealers nearby. About a month went by and then we started having problems. Check engine light would go on for no reason, all oxygen sensors went out at the same time. Sometimes the car would have a rough ride. We moved back to Wisconsin and there were a few dealers that worked on Suzuki. Then one by one dealers started dropping the Suzuki line. If we need to have the car serviced we now have to travel over 2 hours! We have had to replace the ignition, the windshield wiper motor and other countless things. The car is 6 years old and has 72,000 miles on it. I also have a 2002 Ford Mustang that has the same amount of miles on it. And have never had a problem with it. Please don't ever buy a Verona. They are nothing but a problem. I will never buy a Suzuki ever again!!!!!!!!!!

Had it for awhile now

by Indy from North | March 17, 2010

I bought this car used with 40k miles on it. I never thought about a Suzuki but was looking for a cheap car quick and liked the styling and features that set it apart. The interior is sort of old styling but nice still - mine has heated leather seats which is a plus. It's not for a driving enthusiast but it's a nice commuting and family car. I've had it for a year and a half, now with 65k miles on it and no worries so far. Sometimes the transmission hesitates to find the proper gear. At odds with this the cruise control is the smoothest I've ever experienced - sometimes, I really have to check if it's on or off.

My Favorite Car

by RooCat from Tucson, AZ | November 16, 2009

This ia a great car. I have had it since 2004 and have only 14,000 miles on it and it has never given me a problem. Regular oil changes and a nail in a tire once and that is all the care it's needed. It make great U-turns , much smaller than you would think for it's size. The ride is very smooth and comfortable. It takes bumps in the road and speed bumps well at a fair speed. The Cruise Conrol is a wonder. I use it all the time and it is a great saver for keeping you from getting a ticket since it is such a smooth ride it is easy to go over the limit. The power seats are great and the comfort of the interior is really wonderful. All my friends remark on how roomy and comforable it is even with five people. I can carry a lot of stuff in the trunk and when you lay down the seats you can carry wood or long tools (shovels, rakes or hoes) with no problems. The back seats are easy to lay down and put back up. All in all this is a great car that I have really enjoyed having and since it is paid off I will probably keep it forever.

dont do it !

by regret from ohio | October 31, 2009

I had a brand new Verona and within a month I had major problems with it. The car had a very jerky ride and cut off on me several times while driving. After having it towed back to dealership multiple times, they finally acknowledged there really was problem, but they never figured it out nor fixed it,while I owned the car. I turned the car back over to the dealership and purchased another vehicle.

Reliable and powerful car

by Smart Driver from | January 8, 2009

I bought an '04 Suzuki Verona over 1 year ago, after driving a rugged Suzuki Vitara for 5 years. This car is great value for money and very reliable.

Nice car for the money

by Jacke from Chicago | February 9, 2008

For that money this car really nice equiped. You can find everything what you need. Similar cars other manufacturers are many thousand dollars more expensive. Recomended.

Featured Services for this Suzuki Verona