2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7

See Photos & Videos

Overall

I LOVE IT

by YOANA from VIRGINIA | June 14, 2010

I HAVE 4 KIDS AND IT AWSOME 4 LONG TRIPS JUST BUY THE STORAGE CONTAINER FOR THE TOP AND THIS IDEAL IF YOU HAVE KIDS I HAVE A 14 7 6MONTH AND A 10 AND 2 ADULT FIT COMFORTLY VERY ECONOMCAL SUV

Very reliable, I love it!!

by Crazy about my SUV from San Antonio, TX | November 24, 2007

I absolutely love my SUV. I bought it off the showroom in 2001. I have 177,000 miles. I've driven across the U.S, we have taken many long trips with no problems. The only thing they need to improve are the brakes. We've had to replace the brake shoes more often than we wanted. (My husband replaces them, it only cost about $26) I've had no problems, we don't even change the oil as often as we should. It does sit 7 not very comfortable if you go on long trips but it does the job. I still have it and don't want to sell it until it stops working. I love the cargo space when we put the 2nd and 3rd row down. I've carried a washer machine, a futton, exercise equipment, rocks, etc you named it we've hauled it.

Fun car to drive, with a stick shift that is....

by 3 year Suzuki Owner from Rochester, NY | February 28, 2007

I've owned my 2001 Suzuki XL7 for the past 3 years and I like it. This is my 2nd Suzuki (being that my past Geo Metro was made by Suzuki). It's the only 7 passenger truck available with a 5 speed manual which was the main reason I bought it. It's 6 cylinder engine has decent "pick up" though it can be sluggish at times. The 5 speed is kind of bulky (hard to shift at times). It took me a while to get used to it coming from a Eagle Talon 5 speed which had smoother shifts. Gas mileage is decent for a truck too (21-22 mpg). The 3rd seat, though cramped, has somehow been used to hold adults. Us college kids don't mind being cramped briefly going to a club etc.. But I would not recommend it on long trips. Besides, there would be no room for luggage. I've had a few major repairs covered under warranty (rear A/C was blowing hot air, oil pan leak, and something involving the fuel injection...oh, and recall work). But overall, it's a solid truck. I like this version over the restyled version but I like the new interior better so I plan to consider purchasing a 2003' which has the best of both worlds (old front end style, improved interior).

Featured Services for this Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7