We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2005 Suzuki XL-7

2005 Suzuki XL-7
Available in 4 styles:  2005 Suzuki XL-7 4dr 4x4 (7 Passenger) shown

17–18 city / 22 hwy

Overall

Owner 11 years this Month 2005-2011. GREAT SUV

by Johnny from Memphis and North Ms | March 24, 2016

I bought this car in March 2005 and still own it as of March 24, 2016 and I plan to drive it another 5 or 10 years as well as it runs or unless something major happens to it. It's been as dependable as anything I have ever owned and to be honest with you, I've treated it pretty rough.. The old girl is a tough one. I bought this Vehicle Brand New in 2005. It now has 92000 Miles on it and to be honest with you, that's not a lot of miles for an 11 year old car, but they were HARD miles. I've used it like a work truck most of the time. The only thing I have ever replaced to date is a battery about 2 years ago, tires, oil and brakes one time. It's never even needed an alignment and this is my second set of tires and they still have another 10-15 thousand miles in them from the looks of them. I can't say a thing bad about this car. It runs nearly as good today as it did the day I bought it. It has exceptional power for a little SUV, you push the power / tow button in and you can race with the best of them on the interstate. I do agree, it's not THE BEST on gas, but it's not the worst' Ive had either and considering dependability, I have no complaints. I've never even replaced the spark plugs. Everything still works. It does ride more like a sports car than it does an SUV , a little rough, but it also handles more like a sports car. It really will hang in traffic. If you get one of these used and it has been half way cared for, I doubt you will go wrong. I would buy again. I would like to have another one just like it new from the factory that I could drive for 11 years and have done virtually NOTHING to it. If you've had bad luck with one of these cars it must have been REALLY abused because I've ran it hard pretty much all it's life and hauled everything in the back of it from a refrigerator to a couch. Yes it will fit if its not over sized. I use it for hauling pretty much everything. I even let the back seats down and put 15 / 50lb bags of feed it it.. It is a work truck if you need it to be... Yes it has leather and I can say this as well, those seats have held up excellent considering what I have put them through.. Everything from the radio to the AC still works. Every window, door lock , cruise .. Nothing has quit. If it died today, I wouldn't complain. I've used the heck out of it.. Keep the oil changed and you can't go wrong in my opinion. I have actually started looking for another one / low mileage for a second vehicle I liked it so much.

2005 suzuki xl7

by Julie from West virginia | March 11, 2014

I bought this SUV in 2006. It was 1 1/2 years old with 22000 miles. I hauled everything imaginable in it. It had 128946 miles and only done regular maintenance. I only traded it in cause I wanted a newer model with newer features. I traded it to a suzuki grand vitara cause I figured all of suzukis' vehicles might be as good as that one.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Business Owner from New Orleans | October 28, 2012

I have had my 2005 XL7 since December 2004, I have never had any problems with my SUV, just basic maintenance over all these years. I am so happy that I purchase this SUV. This was the best investment that I have ever made.

PIERCE OF ENGINEERING GARBAGE

by YMMIT from Chicago, Illinois | October 1, 2012

I bought my 2005 XL-7 used with 85,000 mi. in june of 2011. Just over 90 days of ownership the timing chain tensioner #3 broke (on the x-way) and wreck the whole top end of the engine. The repair is $$$$, I have over $2000.00 invested in the repair and it's still not right. What a mistake this was buying that 2005 XL-7. I'm really going to take a beating on this unit when I get rid of it. I thought I researched this car throughly on the internet before I purchased it, but I guess I didn't, it was not until after the engine went to pieces. I Googled the 2005 XL-7 timing chain tensioner and thats when I found out this vehicle has a reputation for breaking the timing chain tensioners (poor design, nylon shoe). I finally got it back togehter (it's only been over 1 year) and it still has issues along with being a very noisy engine. I will be glad to depart with this car, if I can drive it to a dealer to (take my $$$$ beating) and trade it in.

Great Car for the Value

by Tx Family from Dallas, Tx | January 23, 2011

I brought my XL-7 brand new as a single mom with 2 kids. We just traded it in because it had over 100 thousand miles on it. This car has been great. The cargo room was perfect, more than enough room. I also liked the body style. The reason I give a 3 for interior design is because the middle seat in the back was only the size of the armrest which I never understood. However, 3 people could fit fine. The only issue we ever had was a couple of years ago the catalytic converter went out and it was covered under warranty so we did not pay a dime. I would recommend researching the warranty for any car you buy, as originally they told us we would need to pay 1200 but when I double checked the warranty it was in there. Aside from this not one issue except for regular maintainance (brakes, tires, oil) the entire 5 years I owned it!

Best small suv

by flyerskyer56 from Chicago | February 17, 2010

I sold my 1995 Gmc Jimmy truck and bought this xl-7 4x4.I also Have a Merecedes s500,but let me tell you the Suzuki is fun to drive. Yes it rides a little stiffer than the Jimmy and the S500,but you can not beat how quick and nimble it is for tooling around town and short trips to the store.Another plus is it looks just as good as the more expensive Suvs and have all the ammenities or some of the bells and whistles as my other car.Take it for a test drive you won't believe how fun,safe and secure it handles.I love mine!!!

XL7

by XL7driver from Co | November 10, 2009

Best value small suv 4x4 with 7 passenger seating. Perfect vehicle for a family that needs seating for more than 5 and wants 4 wheel drive for all season driving.

Can't beat the price.

by Bob the Builder from OKC, OK | May 28, 2008

If you are in need of a small 7 passenger vehicle, and are budget minded, try the Suzuki XL-7. Lots of bells and whistles in the nice interior. Too small to haul seven adults, but in 6' 4" and fit comfortable in the front. A little weak in the power category, but you can't have it all. Gas mileage or power you choose.

I LOVE MY CAR!

by Suzuki Owner in Texas from Dallas, TX | March 10, 2008

I bought my car new and I researched many cars and this one was the best value for the money. So many options that other cars had either in a package or as an option I got as standard. I love the cargo room, it's tremendous. The exterior still looks good. I have two children and they fit just fine in the back. I used to have a Hyundai Accent and was looking for more room in the back for them. The Suzuki fit the bill! I'm very happy with my purchase! Sukuki owner in Texas

Suzuki XL-7 Very underrated, give it a try!

by Suzuki boy from New Jersey | February 9, 2007

I've owned my XL-7 for a litte over a year. Before I purchased it I did alot of research on the internet. Unfortunately, Suzuki cars and trucks have never received rave reviews. I've owned all types of cars through the years, Nissans, Subarus, Fords and Mazdas and I must say I am impressed with the XL-7. First of all, it is a Japanese product. It has a timing chain, a 5 star crash test score and an excellent warranty. It is a well built machine and it comes standard with alot of equipment that is usually optional on the competition. The ride is good, and some critics stated that the ride is "rubbery or stiff"-keep in mind folks, that this is a "Truck frame." It will handle and ride like a truck-not trucky like an F-150, but it is a truck. At any rate, my gas milage is better than the MPG rating of 18. I get 22 MPG with local driving. I really don't drive aggressive around town so the MPG is not bad at all. My old 02' Forester got about 21MPG around town. Just a final bit of advice. Don't read the reviews go test drive an XL-7 and you'll see what I mean. If you are looking for a great valued product bulit in Japan you can't wrong with the entire Suzuki line.

Featured Services for this Suzuki XL-7