2007 Suzuki XL7

See Photos & Videos

Overall

WORST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED

by Never Buying Another Suzuki Again!! from Minnesota | April 21, 2014

I bought my Suzuki in 2008 when it was almost a year old. it had around 25,000 miles on it. I had to have it, it was such a cool looking car for a reasonable price. This car has cost me so much money! Everything has gone wrong with it. Timing chain replaced- at least it was still under warranty. The valve stems on the tires that read tire pressure broke, to fix all four and replace tires would have been $1800. Back door handle keeps breaking. replaced several times. Cant open back door now. Every now and then, when Im driving down the road, it will open. Had a new engine put in 1 1/2 yrs ago, had to take it to a Suzuki dealership- closest one is about an hour away. It took them over two months to fix. Just had a used transmission put in- that cost $2400. For a used one. Was planning on getting rid of it soon as I got it back, but it broke down AGAIN. Now its making a loud rattle noise then all the lights started flashing and went out. Have problems with traction control. Every light on the dash is lite up. I have them covered with electrical tape. I am so disappointed with this car! I would NEVER recommend a Suzuki to anyone

Second Owner, hardly broken in

by jonjon14 from ROY, UTAH | January 12, 2014

I bought my 2007 SUZUKI XL7 PLATINUM LIMITED with Navigation, I bought mine at 46.000 miles, the previous owner changed the rear diff oil, the trans fluid, every service the vehicle needed, he put Advantage TA on at 38,000 miles. I've read all the other reviews and boy do I feel bad, I have driven it to phoenix twice, fully loaded, The only thing my XL7 doesn't have is a back up camera. I really hope I don't jinx myself by writing this review, but i will be back in a year to write another, on the good, the bad, right now I couldn't be more pleased with my XL7

Really like the leg room

by kris from Glassboro, NJ | December 21, 2013

I really enjoy the way the seat feels in Suzuki xl 7. As a single mom I felt the trunk was great to hold things and not too big to drive. The windows give me clear seeing capacity. I bought the car new and have not had many problems with the car that are out of the ordinary.

Not Impressed

by ashley from | December 17, 2013

I was going to buy this car from a dealership this last week. I have always heard not-great things about Suzuki, but I was going to get a really good deal on it, so i thought, "why not?" I thought about the deal for a couple days and then went back to go get it. The first time I test drove it I noticed that upon accelerating from a stop it was kind of sluggish, but figured that I just wasn't used to it and it seemed to run fine. When I went back I test drove it again--and thank goodness I did. Not even two miles into the test drive little warning symbols started popping up on the dashboard. It said, "service traction control," and, "service stability control," and then the check engine light came on. Before we knew the transmission blew out and had completely stopped working. The car was not going anywhere with foot completely pushed down at 2,500 rpms. We found out the car had changed owners three times within six years, probably from the same problem, but found the car fax to not be completely true.

it's a common problem they say.....

by Annoyed from PA | February 22, 2013

Let’s see. We bought the car June 21, 2010 and it has been nothing but problems. Day 31 the gas gauge went crazy turn out the floater in the tank was sticking. Got that fixed. Winter 2010 the roads were horrible, but I was on my way home with my kids in the car and All these lights went off telling me the traction control and stability control shut off, and another thing shut off, well I went to slow down to go around a turn and pushed the breaks to the floor and no breaks. Called for someone to come get the kids and take them home… called the dealership and told them what was going on they swore there was no way that I had them to the floor in the first place… whatever I know better. They took it in to check it out, the lights had gone off, and all they could find was a sensor was bad so they changed the throttle sensor… a week later I was back b/c of the traction control and all that good stuff. Just to have my timing chain replaced. Winter came and gone, and I had a few other issues with it. Last winter had more issues with the traction control, but they couldn’t find anything wrong with it.. winter passed again summer was ok didn’t have any issues.. WELL….December 19 2012 went in to have the timing chain changed AGAIN, tells me i'll be seeing you soon except next time it will be for a new engine because the oil pump is going to go next. it's a common problem and it always happens... well so we started thinking we better start looking for a new car because we only have 14,000 left for warrenty.. HA Feb 9, my oil pump went out.. Well I finally got it back on friday the 15 I didn't even make it home and the check engine light came on. so turned around and went right back. they told me there was nothing they could do for 150 miles unless i wanted to pay for it. it was the catalytic converter and is a common problem for that to happen when they put in a new engine. Well i'm tired of hearing it's a common problem why not tell me this when I got it. any way they deleted the code and sent me home. I get home and run my babysitter home, stop off at a car lot and get my car priced and notice a little tap that wasn't there earlier he took all the info and i gave him my number to call me at home so I could get the kids home and guess what the engine light pops on, to late to call and they are not in until Monday. On all weekend, I noticed the tapping seemed to be louder..So on my way to school monday I smelled this burning, and pulled off first thing I checked was the oil and guess what nothing on the dipstick at all. the store I was near didn't have oil, so I got it to the next store, bought the 5qt jug, and grabbed an extra one since it said 5.5 qts of oil.... well I put the 5 qts in and it still didn't read on the dip stick, so I figured ok need to drive around a bit to get it circulated before it would read. So drove the 5 miles to school. check again and nothing. so I put half the other quart in and it finally showed up on the dipstick. Went into school because it was to early to call the shop. Came back out on break and jumped in the car to go for the smoke break. again smelled something funny, but i called the dealership to let them know what was going on. On my way back there was white smoke coming from under the hood,Got back to the school, and noticed a wet spot where I was parked. Pulled in and checked it, and yep it was oil, looked up at the engine to see where it was coming from and the entire bottom of the car was covered with oil. called them and told them to come and get it. the tow truck couldn't make it until the next day, but i had a car to come get me after school. Went back the next day and oils was running down through the parking lot......tow truck driver got to the shop and told them it was running out still and was on the bed of his truck...... well it is now friday they called and said that I had over filled it, and that why there was oil coming out, that they couldn't find a leak anywhere in but was going to change the catalytic converter and o2 sensor and I can come and get it when it's ready.... Can’t wait to get home and get it detailed and sell it back to them.

Worst car I ever had

by limoman from Smyrna, Ga | February 19, 2013

Bought csr new had 1500 miles on it and had to have the cam replaced twice and waterleak at the sun roof and now the car out of warrenty with 29000 miles on it have water leak they can not find had vehicle back to dealer 4 times they even had to replace carpet in vehicle its a lemon will never buy another one

Great value but Limited owner beware!

by XL7 owner x2 from Moorestown,N.J. | February 14, 2013

I own a 2007 Luxury edition and a 2008 Limited edition.Suzuki no longer sells their vehicles in the U.S. However,their 7-year transferable power train warranty is still honored @ previous Suzuki dealerships.The timing belt on my 07 went @ 50k miles.Repair covered 100% w/no deductible.Sunroofs on Limited edition are flawed.You need to remove sun visor w/ Phillips head screwdriver,pull down black,rubber insulating strip around window frame and pull away headliner from uppermost corner of door window frame.You will expose airbag and sunroof drainage tubing.Glue the tubing where it meets the connector to surface of sunroof.I also recommend calking perimeter of sunroof to eliminate misalignment Of same which causes serious leaks and Suzuki will not fix beyond 3 yr/36 k mile warranty!

Great Car

by Sebagomoon from Oxford, CT | August 8, 2012

Bought my XL7 in August of 2009 as a 2 year leftover in the dealerships inventory. Got it at a great price with the full new car warranty. I make several 300 mile trips a year and the gas miliage is great for a car this size. Plenty of cargo room or people room whichever you need. Also, very comfortable on a long trip. Suzuki should bring it back into their inventory!

DO NOT BUY

by Truth B Told from | May 27, 2012

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned! We bought it brand new in June 2007, since then we have had to replace the timing belt 3 times, the sun roof leaks into the over head lights, water gets into the back of the vehicle and makes it smell moldy, and the engine is so loud. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle!

I wish I could by an extra one

by callie from charlotte nc | January 29, 2011

Have had a 2007 for a couple of months... my favorite car yet... lots of leg room in second seat., great performance, and it looks great. Cannot figure out why Suzuki quit sellng this model.. 21.6 miles to the gallon.. good for the size of the vehicle... bought used. Price compared to similar cars was excellent.

Featured Services for this Suzuki XL7