2009 Suzuki XL7

Available in 6 styles:  2009 Suzuki XL7 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Who Knew Suzuki! Revisited

by FirstSuzu from IN | September 5, 2012

Well I wrote my first review in the post purchase golden haze, since then things have gone downhill quickly. Prior to reaching 3 years and 36000 miles the car spent 35 days in the repair shop. It was a variety of issues the most serious being its inability to detect how much gas is actually in the vehicle leaving me stranded in various locations like the Tollway without brakes or power steering and going 70 MPH. In addition to that being a difficult to resolve problem resulting in 30 of the 35 days of service time. We had water come pouring in through the sunroof. It literally just sheeted down the windshield. There was a issue with the battery charging system and that left me stranded without hazard lights one of the times when it miscalculated the gas level. Today there is a issue with it not going into gear. At all. It is stuck in my driveway. It has 40,000 miles on it and it is a 2009. No I would not recommend this vehicle to anybody at all.

Best Cars we have Owned.

by HAMP from North Little Rock | January 3, 2012

Before I purchased my 2009 Suzuki XL7 Luxury AWD, we already had a 2002 Suzuki XL7 touring model with an All Terrain switch to give power to the rear axle for all wheel drive. The performance and overall reliability of the 2002 totally influenced our decision to purchase the 2009 model and keep the 2002 also. The engines in both are smooth, powerfull abd efficient. The mechanics at Firestone where I serviced the 2002 were amazed at how smooth the engine ran on the 2002 which currently has 150,000 miles on it. We purchased it in 2004 with 22,000 miles on it and other than normal maintenance, after 4 years in 2008 we had to replace the air conditioner compressor and later the two oxygen sensors. Therefore, I know the 2009 Suzuki will perform even better with the improvements in technology from the 2002 model to the 2009 model. It is a great SUV and I wish Suzuki would bring the 2010 and future models of the XL7 back to the American market. Suzuki stopped selling the XL7 model in America after 2009. I recommend the XL7 as a great SUV to own. It is stylish, great features and has a powerfull reliable engine with great gas mileage as a mild size SUV. We love ours.

Worst Vehicle, BAD Service Departments

by Steve from Nashville TN | November 16, 2010

This has been the worse vehicle I have ever owned. Shortly after we got it used, with only 33K on the clock, we started having prolbems. 1st the Sunroof, then the heating module. All of these parts of course started going bad after the 36K Warranty was up. We fixed the heating module, and the Service department charged us $200.00 just to program it. That's not even including the part. Most of the Suzuki dealerships aren't doing well, and the one that are still in business are backed up for weeks. So that so-called excellent warranty you get, well, that may take weeks if not months to collect on. If you think you'll get anywhere calling the corporate offices, then think again. The customer service agent hung up on me because, I told him (ORLANDO) that the part that went bad, was a piece of junk. IT OFFENDED HIM. Come on Please. He promptly Hung up on me. Get this, while we were at the Service Department. My wife said the Service Tech, told her 3 other people called in with the exact same part malfunction. I rest my case, the part was a piece of Junk!!!. Oh sorry. Am I offending you. I WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND OR BUY ANOTHER SUZUKI AGAIN!!!! and I'm copying this and putting it on every internet auto review site I can get my hands on.

Love this car!

by Melissa from Columbia, SC | June 29, 2010

My parents bought this car (used, but with only about 800 miles on it) about a year ago for only about $12,000 after trading in our old car. This car is absolutely AMAZING. We've had no problem with it whatsoever. The mileage is good, it has heated seats (the best thing you can in the wintertime!), people in the second seating row can control their own AC/heat, and learning to drive it really easy. The height is good for shorter people, and I love where the stick shift is. The third seating row is a bit cramped, but still do-able. You really won't regret this car!

Who Knew Suzuki!

by FirstSuzu from IN | December 30, 2009

We love this crossover. It is reasonablhy priced, sits the whole family comfortably and drives like a car. I would say that it is not a roadster it is a wagon. I am exspecially loving the heated seats. 2 small kids enjoy the space they have. 3rd row seating is just fine for adults and I am 5'8.

only nu car i've owned

by milDRED from charlotte n c | March 20, 2009

Base equipment,on road milage impressive but is about as much fun to drive as the last school bus I piloted.

Featured Services for this Suzuki XL7