Suzuki's XL7 is a car-based crossover sport utility vehicle that's available with front- or all-wheel drive and has seven seats. Competitors include the Honda Pilot, Subaru Tribeca and Toyota Highlander. There are three trim levels: Premium, Luxury and Limited.
New for 2009
Five-passenger models and the Base trim level have been dropped. All models get a six-speed automatic transmission, standard three-row seating and a standard self-leveling rear suspension.
This midsize SUV from Suzuki has a standard roof rack and chrome twin tailpipes. Heated door mirrors are standard on Limited models with front- or all-wheel drive, and standard on Premium and Luxury trims levels with all-wheel drive. The XL7 measures 197.2 inches long and 72.2 inches wide. Compared to its competitors, the XL7 is the longest and narrowest. With a height of 68.9 inches, the XL7 is taller than the Tribeca, lower than the Pilot and about on par with the Highlander.
- Standard chrome wheels
- Chrome exterior door handles on Limited models
The XL7 is equipped with seven seats in three rows. The interior is available with faux wood or satin nickel trim. The Limited trim level offers a navigation and DVD combination system and includes a compass in the driver information center.
- Standard leather interior
- Standard premium audio system and navigation
- Standard sunroof
Under the Hood
The XL7's engine teams with a new six-speed automatic transmission that gives it better fuel economy, with an estimated additional 1/2 mpg city/highway.
- 252-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 with 243 pounds-feet of torque
- New six-speed automatic with clutchless manual mode
- Front- or all-wheel drive
- Standard self-leveling rear suspension on all models
Standard features on the XL7 include:
- Side curtain airbags
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Tire pressure monitoring system
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||July 24, 2008|
|Sherrice Gilsbach||Mother Proof||February 9, 2009|
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Suzuki XL7
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.