1995 Toyota 4Runner

Available in 3 styles:  4Runner 4dr SUV shown

Overall

Doing it yourself

by Clem from North Carolina | June 28, 2014

I bought mine cheap with a blown head gasket. Instead of just doing the head gaskets, I opted to pull the drive train and redo all of the gaskets and seals. I replaced the heads because I found a set of refurbished ones for a lot less than my local mechanics estimate to evaluate mine. The oil cooler was clogged due to the mixing of anti-freeze and oil. The toughest part was keeping track of all of the vacuum lines. (Took lots of pictures.) Once everything was reassembled, it has been solid as a rock. 20,000 miles later I am still smiling. It is a little under powered for a vehicle this size but I rarely need much power with my driving habits. I hope to use this one for a long, long time gas priced permitting. .

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great vehicle!!!!!

by Jeep2yoda from Richmond, virginia | January 16, 2012

Ive always wanted to own one and it has been well worth the wait. I've owned jeeps for the past 8 years and still love them. I can honestly say wouldn't trade my yoda for one!! I purchased a 95 with only 76k ! I'm just under a 100k and no problems yet. did replace the brake calipers with the pads. Orig. Factory parts were on there not bad calipers lasted 15 years!! Yeah they rust especially where there's a lot of snow so check undercarriage for rust car fax told me my vehicle was shipped to another country so I came to the conclusion vehicle was owned by someone in the service! Very low miles and superb body condition. I got very lucky hard to find a yoda with such low miles if you find one buy it or call me, I will :)

Fun

by Turtle from Ft. Mitchell, Ky | November 22, 2011

I'm a registered nurse and need to travel during snow weather. The 4runner never got stuck in snow. I enjoy deer hunting. The 4 runner is light weight and could transverse muddy areas. The only reason I sold this vehicle is it was under powered to pull my boat. It was a 3 liter. I drove this 4 runner for 14 years. Only problem was rust over the rear tires

touch go ANY where vehicle!

by ehill from knoxville, tn | July 14, 2011

this is my second 4 runner and love the ability to daily drive a vehicle and impress others on the trails with stock everything but tires. i have two and will prob own another one!

Great looking vehicle! TOUGH!

by Sharp 4X4 from | June 29, 2011

Great looking vehicle. Very rouged looking! Great vehicle for to and from work! :) Great vehicle for all!

Good car, read about Head Gasket issues

by Anglr200 from northern California | May 26, 2008

This is a good car, fairly reliable. Cons: terrible mpgs (13-18) weak engine (v6) this engine has no pickup and struggles up hills Head gasket issues (the v6s have issues with the HG going resulting in costly fixes or a new engine) Auto transmission issues (my 4runner had issues with the transmission dropping out of overdrive) Pros: Very durable Goes anywhere on and off road Aggressive look Reliable

GREAT FOR A GAS HOG

by AMARALRE69 from ROSEVILLE, CA | September 19, 2006

I LOVE MY TRUCK BUT I FIND MYSELF NEEDING TO GET RID OF IT FOR SOMETHING MORE ECONOMICAL. IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO FEED THE GAS PUMP THEN IT IS A GREAT VEHICLE. I LOVE THE WAY IT HANDLES AND THE WAY IT RUNS, JUST WISH I COULD AFFORD TO KEEP IT!

Go 4 a Run Anywhere

by UT Off-Roader from Knoxville, TN | July 6, 2006

The 1995 Toyota 4Runner is a great go anywhere vehicle. Its design is great for everyday driving and even some off-roading. The V6 4Runner does not come with great power, but is just enough. The off-road handling is great and shows its Land Cruiser heritage. If needed there is plenty of low-end torque for pulling. Just don't try to race anyone, because you will lose.

Featured Services for this Toyota 4Runner