1996 Toyota 4Runner

1996 Toyota 4Runner
Available in 5 styles:  4Runner shown

Overall

Best vehicle I have ever owned

by Slip from Detroit | May 5, 2013

Run and Runs and keeps on Running! I own a Posche & Mercedes but the least trouble I have is with th3 4runner with 225k miles .

What I Didn't Know

by 1995 4runner from Kensington,MD | October 12, 2012

So, I have a 1995 4Runner. It was a gift at a time that I was in need. Toyota built it with small people in mind. It is not comfortable even if you are an average sized person. Stock radio and CD player won't work. Every thing under the hood is just great and brimming with Toyota quality( It will run for ever). 0 to 60 in a couple of hours. No,None,Nada Power. That's right, an SUV that gets passed by people in Corolas. My Jeep would have left this thing standing stupid at the light. You might be thinking that the reason the V6 engine is such a disappointment is because it's tuned for economy, WRONG!!! Brand new it got 11mpg. Look it up please. Before you buy this, keep in mind how often you go to the gas station and double it.

Excellent 1996 4 Runner

by Porkroll2131 from Quakertown PA | July 24, 2012

I purchased this vehicle several years ago with 90K on it - I currently have 275K on the vehicle. The 4 Runner is a 5 speed, I replaced the clutch at 189K and the only reason I had to replace it was that I taught my first two kids how to drive a stick - had I been the only drive I most likely would still be on the same clutch!!! The vehicle is built like a tank - and extremely reliable - highly recommended.

What can I say, it's a Toyota!

by Family Man from Colorado Springs, CO | January 1, 2012

Our 4Runner was bought in 2000. My wife, then my girlfriend was looking for a replacement for her increasingly expensive GMC Jimmy. I had an '86 Toyota pickup so I suggested that she perhaps look into a 4Runner since she wanted a SUV not a truck. She found one that she like the look of and the price was right. So, she learned to drive stick and the rest is history. We drove away from our wedding reception in it. We have driven it across country to see my grandfather for the last time. We drove it down to and through the Grand Canyon for our 5th anniversary. We drove our first daughter home from the hospital home in the back of it. I have taken it in the mountains to go shooting with friends and my dad. As you can tell our 4Runner, Maggie as she's known to us has become part of our family. Normally I steer clear of vehicles that are the first year body styles since there generally have some kinks and quirks to work out. This was an unfounded concern with the '96 4runner. My only gripe with this vehicle is the ridiculous placement of the cup holder. The only place that would have been worse would have been on the steering wheel itself. This vehicle has never left her stranded with our children in the cold Colorado weather. The 4Runner does ride like a truck, but that is because it IS a truck. It will take you where you want to go and more importantly back. Our 4Runner has taken us on adventures to Jackson Hole WY several times, Sedona AZ, Las Vegas, Santa Fe, and countless trips in the mountains and through many snow storms.

Featured Services for this Toyota 4Runner