1999 Toyota 4Runner

Available in 6 styles:  4Runner SR5 shown

Overall

Real sweet ride

by Frankinscience from Los Angeles, CA | December 10, 2012

I purchased this vehicle for errands and to get to school and back. It's a wonderful ride and I love this LIMITED model over the SR5 or the base version. She has a lot of miles on her, but was well taken care of and runs smooth. No problems so far. The dealer at Car Search USA (Bo) took good care of me.

Can't Give it Up

by 4Runner Junky from Missouri | August 21, 2012

I bought my 99 4Runner new in 1999 and intended to keep it for ten years. It is now almost 13 years later and at 163,000 miles is still going strong. My husband thinks I have had this car long enough and we have looked at other vehicles over the years, but I can't find anything that I like better than my 4Runner. Besides that, it still runs like a top and is still very good looking. This car has never let me down and has only required routine maintenance through the years. Besides the new ones don't have the wood grain or sophisticated finishes that the old ones have. I might be tempted to get a new one if they ever come out with a dash that is something other than black. Love my 4Runner, it's almost like a pet.

I Love my 4Runner!

by Toyota all the way from Oskaloosa, Ia | August 11, 2012

I Love my 4-Runner but it is getting up there on miles. We are looking at another Tacoma but a 4 door this time. We still have out 98 extended cab tacoma.

4Runner Lasts FOREVER. :)

by Lee from Houston, Texas | March 5, 2012

I bought this car used with 130K on it about 5 years ago. Now it has 180K and it is still running smooth like its new. The cost of maintenance is very minimal. I have the 4WD version and it is amazing! Why? I used it get on medians when there was a thunderstorm that made trees fell across the roads. You can also upgrade the tail lights to LED for about $145 with shipping for an upgraded look and better safety with the LED technology. Every time I wash and wax my 4Runner, people thinks that it is a fairly new car and have no idea that this car is 13 YEARS OLD! If you are on a budget and needs a SUV, 4Runner is the best option. Don't worry about the mileage since they do lasts forever! :P The resale value is very high too. I bought my 4Runner five years ago for $8500 and now it still worth $6500 with the added 50K mileage.

Please, let it last forever

by 4Runner Fan from Houston, Texas | January 2, 2012

I bought this truck new and now have 185K miles on it. It needed a new rear end, a clutch and a water pump along the way. Just routine stuff. This is the finest vehicle I have ever owned (which may something about my taste.) I am not a religious person but do pray that it will last forever.

Great SUV

by SUV Guy from Northern Virginia | February 11, 2011

I bought my 99' Limited 4WD 4Runnerin 2002 and have had it ever since. It now has 169,000 miles on it and I plan to make the 200k Toyota club. I've used it for day to day driving, hauling firewood, camping and some light 4 wheeling at G. Wash. Nat. Forest. For a 5,250 lb. net weight SUV an aver. 18 MPG is not bad. Of all the cars I've owned this is the most reliable vehicle. These things are still going for $8 - $11k even with 150k + miles on it. Highly recommend this vehicle!

Uses car for Off-roading

Awesome SUV

by DAWW71 from Texas | January 30, 2011

Bought my plain vanilla white 4-runner in 2003. Have only 105,000 on it, but it's been to CA three times, twice pulling a 12 foot trailer (in 2006 and 2010). It has held up really well. Only an oil change every now and then. Truly a reliable SUV. Interior looks great still and exterior looks great. Wonderful SUV!!

Love My Grandma

by Kelly G from Kill Devil Hills, NC | November 3, 2010

My husband bought me a '99 4 Runner in 2007 when we moved to the Northwest. At first I was like you bought me an old vehicle.....but after driving it the first time I was in LOVE!! I lovingly refer to it as the Grandma now, but it doesn't act like either one of my grandmas'. This vehicle can fit 31" off road tires and not have any rubbing, no lifts involved, completely stock. Gets the same gas mileage as a new SUV, but without the huge payment.

very versitile

by 4runner mudder from palm harbor, fl | September 7, 2010

From off the road to the highway this truck does anything I ask it to. I have a 1999 Toyota 4runner limited 2 wheel drive and have never needed 4 wheel drive. The horsepower is a little weak but nothing a TRD Super Charger couldn't fix love the truck.

Car recently saved my life

by Lucky to be alive from | June 16, 2010

I overcorrected my 1999 limited 4Runner once i hit a curb and rolled it three times; no messing around, just a freak accident. Supposevly i was lucky to be driving it because they have a special roll bar, in case it flips. Good thing is, it held up admirably, bad thing is, it flipped.

Featured Services for this Toyota 4Runner