2000 Toyota 4Runner

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Buy!!!

by S.salinas from | May 22, 2014

Trust Worthy, Honest,and Excellent Sevice! Purchased 07 4runner exactly as described in ad. Sales rep. Was very friendly!

Great All Around

by adkinsadam1 from | March 22, 2014

The 3rd generation 4runner is a fantastic vehicle all around. It is a wonder off road, and has been very reliable. I've never had a car I trust more. I have confidence and have talked to people that have 300,000+ miles on their car, and I know a guy that has over 700,000. This is the kind of car that just goes forever and will take you anywhere you want to go. I love it!

3rd Generation 4runner or Bust

by Ike90 from Redding,CA | February 1, 2013

I purchased a used 2000 4runner SR5 4x4 at the end of my college career as a replacement for my Honda civic. I have owned and driven a lot of vehicles in my life, but none could replace my 4runner. If I could only own one car it would be my 3rd gen 4runner. While other cars are fun and maybe more comfortable, the 4runner is versatile and worry free. I know it will get me where I am going and back again without trouble. Maintenance has been cheap and easy. To this day I still use it as my everyday commuter and weekend warrior. Over the years I have given it a 3” suspension lift that was a great bang for the buck. With the extensive ownership there are countless trouble shooting and modification write-ups out there to make your 4runner unique and personal. My only complaints are the size of the gas tank (only around 15 gallons) and the ride comfort on extremely long trips (5+ hours). I can’t think of a better car or even model of the 4runner than the 3rd gen!

4Runner is a Dream

by SUV Expert from North Jersey | May 30, 2012

The 2000 4runner limited was my 3rd 4runner and it was AWESOME. I would put the quality and longevity of the vehicle against any top manufacturer out there and had to move so I got rid of it, but missing it a lot. It is so multi-dimensional --- great for running errands, going on long trips, shopping, tailgating, and going to the beach. 4runner also is the only SUV on the market that I have found with an electric back window, which makes air flow so enjoyable with the windows down. If you are looking for a used SUV, this is DEFINITELY the way to go.

Best vehicle EVER!!

by 4RUNNER Enthusiast MANUAL only!!! from Dallas, TX | May 8, 2012

I bought my 2000 4RUNNER SR5 4WD manual 5SPD in 2004 with 56K miles, and we have put 200K on this car since then, with only minor maintenance. I CANNOT BELIEVE this vehicle still runs as well as it does, it is THE MOST RELIABLE vehicle I have EVER owned, or heard of for that matter! We use our 4RUNNER for hauling set-up for our small business, towing a bass boat, off-roading around our property in the country, commuting to Dallas (we're about an hour north of there), and general running around. This is the only 4 wheel vehicle we own, and we NEVER worry about its reliability. We are a young family with 2 car seats and a dog and never have problems fitting everything in. We've even unfortunately been in three front-end collisions (NONE our fault, Dallas has notoriously BAD drivers) with this vehicle, and no-one was injured. Had it repaired, and it still runs as well as when we first got it. This is not a 'mush' mobile nor a soccer-mom car, it is definitely a work TRUCK that happens to have interior room. The suspension is stiff, but you need this if you are using the truck for what it was meant for. SO GLAD WE HAVE THE MANUAL - I personally wouldn't purchase a car if it wasn't manual transmission. I WISH they still made them like this, I recently drove a newer model 4RUNNER -no manual available anymore :-( and they are nothing like they used to be! I just hope mine keeps holding up, but if past performance has anything to do with future, I have absolutely nothing to worry about (except acts of nature, so I pray "God, please protect my 4RUNNER!")

2000 4RUNNER

by REDMOOSE from VIRGINIA BEACH, VA | April 20, 2012

SECOND 2000 TOYOTA 4RUNNER I'VE OWN. THIS CAR ITS EXTREMELY RELIABLE AND LOW MAINTANANCE. NO DISSAPOINTMENTS THERE.

toyota 4 runner- reliable!

by mikey o from tracy,ca | January 9, 2012

bought my 4runner and very happy- if you maintain the engine they will last till over 200000 miles-would go with the v6 engine skip the 4 banger- you cant go wrong-

the best vehicle

by long commuter from georgia | April 19, 2011

i've got about 207k miles on this truck and it's still going. I had it for almost 7 years and still love to drive it. it's the right size, not to small and not to big.

Sweet comfortable ride

by Surf n Skate from Los Angeles, CA | February 22, 2011

This is one sweet ride and its not HUGE! like all the SUV's u see on the road that look like boats! taking up space lol. V6 for cruising the town, body style is sweet! 4x4 is nice for the mountains. Handles like a charm with my new 16" BF all terrains and Summit Nomad rims. I get tons! of compliments. This site was VERY helpful and when I met the dealer, it was a goo! right from the start. Drove it home that same day. Downfalls: It lacks the overall power of a V8 if your looking for power. I wasn't :P I also have old school mustang, soo I get all the power I need haha.

4Runner Owner For Life!

by 4Runner Believer! from 64105 | February 11, 2011

I just sold my 2000 Toyota 4Runner and am looking for 2 more - one for me and one for my wife! We absolutely loved this car and can't wait to buy two more! I owned my 2000 4Runner for almost 7 years and never had any mechanical issues at all - you can't find a better SUV than this anywhere!

Featured Services for this Toyota 4Runner