2003 Toyota 4Runner

Available in 12 styles:  2003 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 shown

Overall

2003 4runner excellent choice for a mid size suv

by ahmad77084 from | January 26, 2015

I got this truck at 193000 and it still looking good. I'm hoping to get 300k on it. Loving 4runner. It does aound 20 mpg which is not bad .

Extremely Dependable

by ToyFan from Parker Colorado | January 10, 2015

Bought an' 03 v6 new in '03. I could go on and on but will keep it short. Hands down best overall vehicle ever owned. To date, I've had 0 problems. Correction-a few years back I had to tighten a nut on the windshield wiper arm! Other than that, 190k+Miles later! it still starts and runs as if it were new. It's great in the snow and in the mountains. We got 73k Miles out of the original tires! And 77k Miles from the original front brake pads! It's needed the routine maintenance stuff- on its 3rd set of plugs, brake pads, oil every 5k-10k (dependent on conventional or synthetic), at this point she could definitely use some suspension maintenance as she doesn't ride quite like she used to. Understandable with almost 200k. Overall EXCELLENT vehicle.

Great truck

by The Dude from Miami, FL | June 26, 2014

Dependable, big, spacious, and good looking. Performed well, and was able to put the 2nd row down to create more space. Was able to move furniture or large pieces of equipment rather easily. Easy to keep clean. A lot of interior space. Never felt enclosed in it. All around great truck.

Best value for the dollar.

by xcskier from ILLINOIS | June 5, 2014

My old Tacoma had 298,000 miles. I missed till I bought this. A great used SUV - low miles - like new inside and out - and underneath. The Tacoma's are hard to find and more expensive used. This was a better value, more power, and more comfortable too. I am pleased!

Longevity review

by I like cars from Fort Collins, CO | August 21, 2013

I bought my 03 4runner used about 6 years ago. It had high mileage at the time. It's been very reliable in the 50k or so miles I have put on it. The V8 runs strong. Gas mileage is okay for the size of the engine, but I think the mpg meter is wrong, off by a mile or so per gallon. (not in a good way). I read the review about the brakes and yes there is something funky there, but it just takes getting used too. Not worth the terrible review though. It has been a fantastic vehicle. Besides oil changes, a timing belt, and brakes I have put 0 dollars into it. Again - I purchased it with high miles because I am a Toyota fan, but it's been incredibly reliable. This SUV handles well too - When I was shopping for one I rented a Ford Escape and I swear I thought it was going to roll on any quick maneuver, I have swerved in this SUV and it is really stable. Good smooth ride as well. Gas mileage in the city approx 14 - 15. On the highway or when I go skiing 17-20. Most I ever got was 22 on a trip to TX. While I recommend any car to get checked out first, even with high miles this truck is a pretty safe bet. I have the limited V8 package. I have owned many other cars (BMW, Volvo, Fords, Acura, and Toyota's) The Toyota's and Acura's have held up best.

Love the 4-Runner

by Love the 4-Runner from Raleigh, NC | December 27, 2012

Great great vehicle...this is my third 4-Runner and I will be buying another when needed................

Best I've ever owned

by Dhmtnbiker42 from Pittsfield, ma | November 23, 2012

I used to hate toyotas, but this car made me change my mind. I bought a used 2003 4runner sport edition with the 4.7v8. I've had it for a while now and it's great. 156000 miles and its never had anything but routine maintenance (tires, brakes, oil changes etc). It's comfortable and well built. I used it to tow a car on a heavy trailer and it did great. I try not to bring it off road, however I have used it to pull a few Chevys out if the mud. It's an amazing, versatile suv

Can't beat the 4runner

by alcap from Texas | March 5, 2012

I was looking for a used 4runner because I've been driving a 1997 Tacoma 6cyl/4x4 for nearly 300K miles. The 4runner being the same platform should be as reliable with more comfort and style. The '03 I purchase had 94K miles on it and I've added another 4 or so but I'm expecting to get at LEAST 200K on this truck. At nearly 100K miles it rides and drives like it is new. No rattles, no funny squeaks, no leaks. Used Toyotas are slightly more expensive than other makes, but if you keep searching you can find a great vehicle at a good price.

Awesome SUV

by mikelaw22 from Philadelphia,PA | November 17, 2011

A beast in the snow and rides great on the street. I have yet to have any problems with it. And the resale value is twice of an explorer.

Nice used car

by car reviewer from carmel, ndiana | September 13, 2011

It's so nice that internet search engines are out there to help look for a new or used vehicle. Found a great (so far) used 4-runner on-line and went to test drive it and took it to my mechanic to have it looked at before I purchased it. A few things to have done (glad to know how much it would cost) but nothing too expensive. There was a lot of mileage on this vehicle but figured that the toyota name meant something about reliability. Have driven it across the country and it did a great job. Hope it keeps up the good work. Still getting under 19 mpg - only complaint.

Featured Services for this Toyota 4Runner