2004 Toyota 4Runner

Available in 12 styles:  2004 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 shown

Overall

Best Car I've ever owned

by runner from San antonio TX | November 11, 2014

bought it new , just turned 210,000 miles , this is a great car, what I like most about it , is when you step on the gas it moves, no hesitation . Plan to keep it for another 100K miles

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

by Trevor from Wausau Wisconsin | October 23, 2014

Great SUV! super reliable! pretty good gas mileage(even with the V8). This thing drives like a sports car, but is as sturdy as any truck. It is super roomy. I actually left my lights on all day at work and it still started up! eight hours later! Still has original 10 year old battery too! Toyota did a great job! Stop looking and buy one!!!

Good car

by Walewale from Reading PA | September 8, 2013

I Like this car very much. I will always buy the Toyota 4runner again I love this car I will like to get the 2014

Great vehicle

by YoungMoneyCars from Fort Worth, TX | February 6, 2013

Great car all around. Looks tight and runs great. Seats are comfortable and there is a truck load of storage space. This car does its job and keeps you lookin fresh too.

Love this truck

by NY guy from New York, ny | January 13, 2013

We bought our 2004 4runner limited V8 with 74k on it to upgrade from our 1994 4runner sr5 (which still ran like a top with 150k on it, but i wanted airbags). I love this truck. It looks great and it handles and accelerates (with premium gas in it it's a monster) as well as my old BMW. I love the pull of the V8. It feels sturdy as heck in turns- ours has the gas suspension that was an option new. It really adds to the stability. The truck barely has any body roll in tight turns at speed. I am now at 100k which I know is no sweat for these trucks - i just keep changing the oil and the brake pads and this thing is as good as new. Lots of cargo room for our dogs and a great sounding stereo. My next truck will be another 4runner if this one ever dies.

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited (Black)

by Face Doctor from Brookfield, WI. | January 2, 2013

I was upgrading in vehicle features and not model year due to price and payment per month needed. I had a 2004 color Silver 4Runner base model but was looking for the color Black and with more interior features. So I purchased a 2004 Black 4Runner Limited. This is my 4th Toyota 4Runner in the last 12 years and all of them were purchased used, why take the new car price hit. The interior features are incredible, comfort unmatched in my opinion. The heated seats, V-8 engine and leather interior is incredible. I bought a one owner vehicle at a dealership in Illinois that was really taken good care of. I bought it with 100k miles on it and was a bit skeptical to begin with due to the miles, but it's a TOYOTA and they just keep running with little or no problems, just normal brake pads and rotors. Very very happy with my new purchase off cars.com website which led me to the dealership I bought my 4Runner at last month. Thanks CARS.COM !!! The Face Doctor.

Most Reliable!

by SUV Enthusiast from New Jersey | October 17, 2012

I just purchased my third 4Runner and couldn't be happier. 100% reliable - built to last, really. Couple of things (1) body-on-frame which means durability –it feels like new even after 100K miles, (2) made in Japan, maintenance is minimal and it has virtually zero defects based on my experience with other European and American cars (excluding BMW), and (3) I love how it handles - really fun to drive- compared to Honda Pilot for instance.

The one thing I can rely on

by Satisfied original owner from San Antonio, TX | October 3, 2012

I bought the 2004 SR5 Sport new, that was almost 9 years ago. It only has about 55,000 miles on it because I have a short urban commute but it's my only vehicle so I need for it to go wherever I want. And it does. Whether on my short urban drives or cross-country trips, this car has never failed me. I chose it originally because of the truck chassis, high clearance, and decent gas mileage. I've kept it because it hasn't cost me trouble or money. It gets routine maintenance. Other than that, both components of the catalytic converter were replaced under warranty. The one structural problem is that the sunroof somehow drains into the cabin. Twice the dealer temporarily "fixed" this by cleaning the drain, then suggested that I keep it out of the rain. Overall, I am very pleased with this vehicle. It feels safe and I know it is reliable.

great for travel

by lse's car from okc ok | September 15, 2012

i love this way it handles and this gas mileage is great. the color and look is great still looks new have enjoyed long trips.

Best vehicle ever owned

by 04runner from Missouri | August 25, 2012

My 4runner has been the best vehicle we have ever owned, It has the 4.7L V8 and gets 18-20 mpg on the highway. With 180,000 trouble free miles it is a great choice for anyone looking for a rock solid, reliable 4x4 vehicle I highly recommend it!

Featured Services for this Toyota 4Runner