2006 Toyota 4Runner

2006 Toyota 4Runner
Available in 12 styles:  2006 Toyota 4Runner 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Just what i always thought it would be!

by Party of Six from phoenix, arizona | July 9, 2014

The 4 runner is a perfect car for a large family. I have 4 kids who fit in the car comfortably along with my wife and myself. It's perfect because we are always on the go to school and athletic functions. I don't have to worry about the vehicle breaking down because it is one the best built SUV's around. Unlike most people who buy an SUV, I actually use the 4 wheel drive to go camping and off road. I have had other SUV's and this is by far the best one for me.

Awesome SUV!!

by Drew from New Hampshire | April 23, 2014

We've only owned ours for a couple of months and about 2500 miles, but we're already very impressed. Purchased used with about 78k miles. V8 has a ton of power and is very smooth, sounds great on acceleration. My wife was very apprehensive about purchasing a big vehicle (she's only ever owned and driven cars), but she loves the seating position and visibility. Virtually no blind spots, very easy to drive and backup. If you're nervous about the size of the vehicle, don't be...! We cross-shopped against the BMW X5 and Nissan Pathfinder and Mercedes ML and were just too concerned with the low reliability reports in everything else but the 4runner. Sure, the X5 and ML had more bells and whistles and a better fit and finish inside, but the cost of ownership (repairs, premium gas) were just too high to justify. I have no doubts that the 4runner is a better made vehicle. We have the sport package, which looks great and is supposed to handle better than the SR5. It handles better than I'd expect.

Tons of kids, Great car

by Soccer Mom from Vancouver, Wa | April 15, 2014

I am a mom who has 11 kids that are all involved in the wonderful sport of soccer. This car transports them to and from soccer practice on a daily basis, other than Sundays. I can cram all 11 of them in this baby (not legally, but still).

My shadow

by Busy professional and parent from Phoenix, Az | February 3, 2014

I have owned 3 SUVs in my life. This is my most recent and current vehicle. It is also my first import. Having said that, I will say that this has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it new - an SR5 4x4 with leather. I now have 120k on it. It has been the best investment! It handles like it is still new, it is responsive and safe. I use my truck for everything. The daily commute, long distance summer trips where it is packed to the gills with luggage and 4x4 drives in the snow and ice. It never gets stuck. Love love love this vehicle. The only repair I have had to do, was at 106k for an exhaust repair. That's it! That is so different than the mechanical nightmare Ford Explorer I had, that was on its 3rd transmission rebuild by 93k!! I plan to keep this car until it doesn't drive anymore and from the looks of things, that won't be any time soon! This is a purchase I have NEVER regretted! :)

Think twice about this 2006 4Runner

by LisaMarie from Chatham, NY | December 12, 2013

I just purchased a 2006 with 120K from a Toyota dealership with a Carfax. Maintained at dealer. Had the car for less than 24 hours when accelerating between 23-40 the car felt like I was driving over a rumble strip. Took it back to dealer and told me to live with it. I said not acceptable. Too make a long story short they flushed transmission 2 times reset computer and car still has problem. Told me the torque converter and the computer in car are not working properly together and it is what is. Didn't even think putting in new transmission would help. Toyota evidently has a big flaw in this vehicle. For this reason I would not recommend buying.

Clean and Reliable

by Silly Billy from Tucson AZ | August 7, 2013

Our Neighbor recommended Too Hot Motors for their inexpensive imports . We enjoyed our buying experience and were happy to support a small family owed dealership.

Best SUV around for the money

by chgo1977 from allentown, pa | June 27, 2013

Bought this SUV used. The whole family loves. It has the sport package and sunroof. Feels solid going down the road. Tight and responsive even for being 7 years old. Only has 66k and plan to keep it for a long time. Looking forward to family vacation to the beach with it. I found the cars.com reviews excellent help!!

2 4Runners in the Family

by Siteguy from Toronto | March 28, 2013

I can not believe I purchased another 4Runner. I did a bit of research beforehand to check out some other brands such as the Chevy Equinox and Ford escape. We needed to get a new car as our Grand Prix was becoming a little un reliable. The consumer reviews research showed a number of issues I just want to stay away from. If one just counts the percentage of satisfied 4runner owners it out measures just about all other SUVs. That is very useful in itself. I have owned a 2006 4Runner Limited V8 since 2010 and all I can say this is one awesome vehicle. The drive feels solid and comfortable with more than ample power. So far the only thing I had to do was to replace a front wheel bearing, (strange part to replace, no reviews on this as far as I know) But other than that it has been a great ride. So, when it came time to replace our 2001 GM I did a little research and found there was no crossover or other Midsize SUV more dependable and tough as the 4Runner. So I bought another 2006 (this time the sport package). We just got it and I like it just as much (fewer bells and whistles) but that's OK, At least I know my wife and kids will stand a better chance in a fender bender, plus it will take on our Toronto winters with no problem. I think this truck will serve us well and I recommend it to anyone looking for a safe dependable SUV

Good value

by Nature Girl from Los Angeles | September 22, 2012

Overall, I'm satisfied with this vehicle. My two complaints are: 1) It came with leather seats, but I do not find the seats very comfortable; 2) Too much plastic! The interior dashboard trim is not very high quality, and the exterior plastic on the front area of the vehicle is really disappointing. I have the SR5 with a V6 - I have good engine power and good gas mileage, so I'm pretty satisfied!

The best car I have ever owned!

by Love my 4Runner from Carmel, IN | September 19, 2012

This is my second 4Runner and it is the best car I have ever owned! Also, it may be the best vehicle ever built. I have heard nothing but praises from people who have owned them with well over 130,000 miles. There is never a rattle or squeek and it is the most reliable car ever. I would highly recommend one, and they are fun to drive!