2008 Toyota 4Runner

Available in 12 styles:  2008 Toyota 4Runner 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Great car. Terrible on gas

by Gas guzzler from Boston ma | March 13, 2014

I have the 08 sport 4runner and I love it, except for one thing. The gas mileage. About 12mpg in the city. 17 highway. Other than that it's great.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by Zeus from Marion, MA | November 16, 2013

I like it when I bought it with 25,000 miles on he odometer. Now at 100,000 miles I love it. My 4 Runner looks sleek, runs perfectly and has never been anything but reliable. My next car will be another 4 Runner.

Our Workhorse

by Mountain Lover from Blue Ridge Mountains, VA | September 22, 2013

Live in the mountains and need 4WD in winter, hauling trees out of woods, drag-raking 1/2-mile long driveway, hauling log-splitter and trailer. While other cars, we had, died after 100,000 miles our original 1997 4-runner just kept on running.

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

by Contender 7MMTCU from Tennessee | March 21, 2013

The car looked like the pictures. The floor mats were missing but they let me get others from another vehicle. I didn't notice but the cup holder (in front of the shifter) was missing. $100 to replace it. I got a fair deal but had to fly to New York to get it. Did not have much luck getting a carrier to bring it to Tennessee. I would not deal with Plaza Auto Mall, Brooklyn. Took 3 hours just getting papers ready (lost original ones) & a drive out tag. When getting the title change, they had not signed in the correct place. Had to get affidavit filled out and noterized so I could sign it. The clerk at the county court clerk office had to walk them through it. Very nice people though.

Extremely reliable vehicle

by JD from Chattanooga, Tennn. | January 8, 2013

This is the third 4Runner I've owned, and I've never had a moment's problem out of any of them. This one has the towing capacity of a truck and the ability to go off road while driving like a car in town. It's a shame that Toyota discontinued this body style and engine. The one small downside is that the seat bottom is not quite long enough to give good thigh support on a long trip if you happen to have long legs. Other than that, they did their homework on this vehicle.

Outstanding car

by Ray from Lancaster, SC | October 24, 2012

I had owned a 1998 4Runner for 10 years and put 268000 on it. It was the most reliable car I had ever owned but did ride a little rough. Seven months ago I traded for a 2008 4 runner with 58000 miles. So far I have been very impressed with the car in every respect. It rides and drives like a dream and gets better mileage than my 98 4Runner. But what impresses me the most is the incredible power this car has. It has a v6 engine but performs like a v8. My wife has a 2006 Honda Pilot and she keeps trying to trade with me. She is very impressed with the smooth ride and lack of noise. I believe this car will out last my 98 4Runner.

4 runner

by 4runner from Reno, Nevada | April 2, 2012

It's a great family car but bad on gas. Its a good car for the rain or snow. It has a lot more room then your average car.

Great Car-- My 4th 4Runner

by Happy Camper from Nebraska/Colorado | February 13, 2012

I have had 4Runners for the last 25 years and this is my fourth. It seems to be a real improvement over my 2001 which had 212,000 miles and was very very dependable. This one has some "big tires" to fill. So far after 4,000 miles it is a fine car. Better gas milage and better acceleration. I hope to keep it a long time. I would recommend it without reservation.

4Runner - Love It!

by 4Runner New Owner from Cincinnati, Ohio | December 5, 2011

Bought a used 2008 4Runner in Sept. 2011. Really love the car. Joined a forum of other owners, put a small lift kit on it for $79. The original Dunlop tires are a little hard, but will replace them with Michelins next year. That's the only thing I dinged the vehicle on. Built like a tank, very reliable. Had it inspected by Toyota before and after purchsing, no issues. Learning to do all my own maintenance. Vehicle is easy to work on. Love it, will take us on retirment outr West.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

A very reliable model to choose

by 4-Runner Enthusiast from Falmouth, MA | March 24, 2011

I decided to buy the car I took out on the lease instead of buying a new car. The buy-out price is far lower than the cars worth - the best of any used car I could ever find on the market. So, the question is: Why not buy the car you're driving already and not go through the time and trouble of searching for another car.

Featured Services for this Toyota 4Runner