2010 Toyota 4Runner

Available in 6 styles:  2010 Toyota 4Runner 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Love this truck.

by Happy Camper from Fort Worth, TX | February 3, 2014

I call is a truck, but it handles like a car and it is as comfortable as a car. I have had mine for over two years and still love it. I feel very safe and secure on my long commute to and from work. Gas mileage is very good for this size vehicle. It is great vehicle.

Quality all around

by Greg from Oregon Coast | September 6, 2013

Looked for a very long time to find a used (2011) 4-runner limited (white with tan interior). Finally found one and jumped on it right away. Love the Sturdy feel, solid made product, and nice interior design. Love all the bells and whistles that come with the limited edition. The car doesn't ride as smooth as our Lexus 350RX - but it has much more room inside and a lot more head room up front. We've had this car for about four months, not bad on MPG (for a SUV) but we'd rather have this than a gutless car that can't pull a boat, especially up hill. If there was any suggestions for improvement - I'd tell Toyota to put a garage door opening system in the car - (like we have with the Lexus). I would strongly suggest you consider this car - we love it.

great suv for the money

by highland games from san diego | August 26, 2013

looks great space good inside the Limited ed. worth extra money, could have more power but gas milage is good. on cruise control highway driving. in snow bad roads excellent.

Not a happy camper

by b&bowner from | December 11, 2012

This is my 2nd 4-Runner and my 4th Toyota. I couldn't wait to own another 4-Runner and now I am disappointed. Even though I bought it new it is already rusting around the back door handle. I have had it to the dealer and filed my complaint with Toyota with no help from them. I just feel that when you pay $35 grand for an SUV the body should last for longer than 2 years. I am already looking at another vehicle and it's not a Toyota. I also feel it doesn't have enough horsepower for it's size. I love the paint, it's the special white color they charge extra for but it's not so pretty when it rusts.

Best Car I've Ever Had

by 4runner4life from East Coast (NC) | January 5, 2012

This is my 5th vehicle and by far the best. Bought the 2010 new and couldn't be happier. New Toyotas run a little high in the price but it's because of their overall quality and reliability. I replaced a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with the 4Runner and they are worlds apart. The 4Runner offers great creature comforts including leather interior, heated seats and mirrors, bluetooth and touchscreen navigation/stereo. I love the design of the new body (2010 was the first year for the new design) but that's personal preference. For the size, the vehicle gets great mileage, the sticker ranges 18-22, I average 21.2 to 21.4, up about 3-4 MPG from the Wrangler (and this economy is city driving). The four wheel drive is easy to operate and though very much a "civilized" SUV it's still very capable off-road. The interior is roomy with plenty of space for 4 people very comfortably and 5 people comfortably with room to spare for cargo (don't bother with the third-row option as it's suited for small children at best but would be a pain to get to for them, you get more function out of the rear cargo area with sliding shelf). The 4Runner offers a smooth, comfortable ride on the road with a relatively quiet interior. The power rear window is a nice touch and helps with air flow and noise from driving with windows down (on the highway at 70 with windows down plus the rear down you can easily hear your music as the air doesn't search for an outflow). The standard (SR5) stereo with USB in the glove box is completely sufficient and the USB is nice as the stereo interfaces with iPods and allows you to access your iPod media directly from the stereo. A 2 inch hitch is a standard feature along with 7 and 4 pin trailer wiring (hidden near the spare tire under the car). Overall this is a great car that will surely last forever just as the previous generations have, I can't say enough good things about this car. Note to anyone considering a roof rack: the price and weight ratings are about the same for factory and aftermarket cross bars (required to put anything on the roof). I bought the aftermarket which produce a bit of noise at speed, I recommend the factory bars due to the aerodynamic design and therefore reduced noise.

4Runner - '10

by Puma from Tennessee | October 11, 2011

Not sold on the performance, but great gas mileage. Styling is OK, but did not hit the mark. usual excellent fit, finish, reliability. Looking forward to the next generation. Needs dual exhaust system.

Great Truck

by Truck enthusiast from LI,NY | August 18, 2011

0wned for over a year with no issues. Avg mpg is 19.7. (around town) It is very quick but a bit clumsy on turns. (nothing earth shattering) I still get compliments in parking lots for its looks. Note: Opt for steering wheel controls.

Veddy Niiiiice

by 75thRanger from DFW, TX | August 2, 2011

The 2010 4runner is a legit ride. Everything about it. It is as smooth a ride as the the Lexus', and is pushing near 300 HP. The available supercharger for the Toyota V6 can bump it up to near 500 if you really need it. Everyone who has ridden in mine has complimented it. It looks refined and rides ironically like a luxury off road vehicle. The just under 40k sticker price keeps it out of most people's grasp, so you won't be the 10th guy on the blck sporting one. But, like I said it's a legit ride.

it is a good truck, but it could be better

by cars from linden, nj | February 16, 2011

the car is a very nice smooth ride , very reliable, the 4 wheel drive is great in the snow. on the other hand , noise level in cabin when going above 50 miles is very loud, no memory seat option. the gas mileage is more like 15/17 no 17/22. over all is a great truck the negative are minor after a 1 month or 2 you get use to it .

Best Toyota I have purchased, I have owned three

by BILL Z from Phoenix, Arizona | January 13, 2011

My SR5 4Runner 4X4 is Great! I owned a 2004 Sequoia, 2008 Highlander Sport, and now my 2010 SR5 4Runner 4X4. I am averaging 19mpg in town driving (excellent for a 4X4). Love the way it handles. I have pulled a sandrail and other trailer with plenty of power to spare. Love the color (Manetic Gray w/Blk interior). Very roomy inside, and has an excellent sound system. The sliding deck in the rear is very handy for loading and unloading cargo. A Great Veheicle!! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a quaility all around SUV.