2012 Toyota 4Runner

17 city / 22–23 hwy

Overall

I love my 4Runner!

by First Toyota from Colorado | August 11, 2015

I grew up around and driving Jeeps. My husband finally talked me into a Toyota, and don't tell him, but I am so glad he did! I really love this SUV. It handles great and feels so sturdy. The gas mileage on average is 20 mpg, city driving. We have owned this SUV for 3 years now and I haven't had any issues with it. My only complaint is the cheap silver trim on the doors on the middle console. It has all scratched very easily. Other than that everything is holding up great and it still feels new to me with 38k miles on it. The best part for me is the value this SUV has retained. This is the first car in my life that I actually owe less than what its worth! And we bought brand new! Love the sun roof and the third row as well! Highly recommend.

2012 Trail Edition - perfect!

by Chip from Michigan | March 1, 2015

I bought the Trail edition in excellent used condition. I've owned a Sequoia, Highlander, Camry, and a Corolla, but this is just right for my family of four, including two teenagers. The Sequoia was just too large for my day to day. 4WD works well during the Michigan snow storms and traveling through the wooded trails to prepare for a hike. Crawl control and the unique settings for mud, rock, etc. are a bonus. Water resistant seats are perfect for an outdoorsy lifestyle and am enjoying the XM satellite radio is great with the sound system. I prefer the black bumpers and exterior black trim; can't stand all the scratches on a painted bumper. The body looks cool - I receive compliments frequently. Gas mileage is not ideal around town, but I can get 22/23 driving around 60mph. The body on frame feels safe and sturdy with not a lot of road or wind noise - just a slight hum from the tires. Plenty of cargo room, especially when the back seats are folded. The party mode is pretty cool for tailgating, and the slide out cargo deck is pretty useful. I pull out the deck, place the heavy items on it, then slide into the truck. Also I sit on the slide out to put on my boots for skiing. Power seats are perfect to adjust to each driver. The Trail edition is great looking without all that chrome, running boards not required even though I'm only 5'8" - not a big deal, and the soft touch interior surfaces for elbows are comfortable. 4.0 L is plenty of power for me. Plenty of cup holders - great rear roll down window for air flow. Fantastic vehicle for outdoorsy type family who need to get off-road and beat around the town. I would buy another Trail Edition all over again.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great SUV!

by Sageinca from | April 9, 2014

We traded our 2006 Honda Pilot in for a 2012 Toyota 4 Runner. I think it's a great SUV as I did the Pilot and I would have to say they both are of equal value. I love the body style of the 4 Runner and that it is bigger, only downside I have found is that the AC / Heating system in the back seat is not 5 star other than that this SUV is awesome!

almost

by okie from Rockwall TX | January 9, 2013

my wife love the car , I would think for the price you have to pay the four runner you would be able to pick or cordinate interior colors . Black carpet is all that is avaliable nothing shows dirt worse than black. weren't for my wfe I would not have purchased the vechile. This is no doubt loseing customers for toyota , on this model.

Love my new 4 runner from Champion Toyota

by MCJDJ from Houston, TX | January 4, 2013

I recently bought a 2012 4 runner from Champion Toyota. Since it was right before Christmas, we drove it on our Christmas trip to Oklahoma. It handled well on ice and snow. The interior was so comfortable. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY 4 Runner

by 4 Runner Owner from Huntington, WV | January 1, 2013

I have wanted a 4 Runner for a long time...I had a Highlander and a Camry and liked both of them...but I LOVE my 4 Runner, LOVE THE LOOK (body style) LOVE the way the seats feel and sit, I feel good when I drive it, I have told every one that has ask that I would recommend this car to anyone...I will let you know more after I have owned it a year but right now NO Complaints

4runner with different ride feel

by SUV enthusiast from Michigan | December 26, 2012

Currently own 98' (158K miles ) & 08' 4Runner (29K) LMTDs & 03 Sequoia (102K) LMTD. The new 12' ( now 1548 miles) has softer ride than others. Last weeks Roundtrip Detroit to Phila to break it in went great but plusher ride unexpected and not sure if I like it "yet". Seems less car like in response than other three. Bought it for a new sales vehicle because of past reliability and value compared with all other brands. No other less than positive comments.

THIRD RUNNER

by OLD DUDE from WICHITA, KANSAS | December 6, 2012

THIS IS MY THIRD FORERUNNER, SO OBVIOUSLY I LIKE 'EM. NEVER THOUGHT I'D BUY A CAR OFF THE INTERNET AT MY AGE.(68). CONTACTED SEVERAL DEALERS IN MY REGION AFTER SEEING THEIR INVENTORY ON CARS,COM. KNEW WHAT I WANTED AS FAR AS EQUIPMENT AND FOUND THE BEST PRICE AT A DEALERSHIP ABOUT 200 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE. WORKED OUT THE PARTICULARS OVER THE PHONE AND WENT AND PICKED IT UP. WENT VERY SMOOTHLY AND I'M HAPPY SO FAR.

Love my new 4Runner!!

by Young mom and professional from Colorado Springs, CO | September 1, 2012

I traded my Honda Pilot for a new 4Runner. I love it! It is bigger than the Pilot but easier to drive. I feel like I am driving a car rather than large SUV. It is easy to park and make U-turns, etc. Very smooth, quiet ride. Room seating 7. The middle row is a little tight with two car seats in it. Would be super crammed with 3. Other than that, no complaints. The tech package is awesome and quality of the vehicle is great. I really do love it.

Love my 4Runner

by none from Tampa, FL | August 24, 2012

I am very happy with the comfort level that this vehicle has. I had a Sequoia which rode like a premium car. My 4Runner feels almost the same. It pulls my flats boat with ease and has plenty of power. I would recommend this to anyone who what a good riding SUV that will run for 200000 miles without you having to replace anything but maintenance items.