2012 Toyota 4Runner

17 city / 22–23 hwy

Overall

Great SUV!

by Sageinca from | April 9, 2014

We traded our 2006 Honda Pilot in for a 2012 Toyota 4 Runner. I think it's a great SUV as I did the Pilot and I would have to say they both are of equal value. I love the body style of the 4 Runner and that it is bigger, only downside I have found is that the AC / Heating system in the back seat is not 5 star other than that this SUV is awesome!

almost

by okie from Rockwall TX | January 9, 2013

my wife love the car , I would think for the price you have to pay the four runner you would be able to pick or cordinate interior colors . Black carpet is all that is avaliable nothing shows dirt worse than black. weren't for my wfe I would not have purchased the vechile. This is no doubt loseing customers for toyota , on this model.

Love my new 4 runner from Champion Toyota

by MCJDJ from Houston, TX | January 4, 2013

I recently bought a 2012 4 runner from Champion Toyota. Since it was right before Christmas, we drove it on our Christmas trip to Oklahoma. It handled well on ice and snow. The interior was so comfortable. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY 4 Runner

by 4 Runner Owner from Huntington, WV | January 1, 2013

I have wanted a 4 Runner for a long time...I had a Highlander and a Camry and liked both of them...but I LOVE my 4 Runner, LOVE THE LOOK (body style) LOVE the way the seats feel and sit, I feel good when I drive it, I have told every one that has ask that I would recommend this car to anyone...I will let you know more after I have owned it a year but right now NO Complaints

4runner with different ride feel

by SUV enthusiast from Michigan | December 26, 2012

Currently own 98' (158K miles ) & 08' 4Runner (29K) LMTDs & 03 Sequoia (102K) LMTD. The new 12' ( now 1548 miles) has softer ride than others. Last weeks Roundtrip Detroit to Phila to break it in went great but plusher ride unexpected and not sure if I like it "yet". Seems less car like in response than other three. Bought it for a new sales vehicle because of past reliability and value compared with all other brands. No other less than positive comments.

THIRD RUNNER

by OLD DUDE from WICHITA, KANSAS | December 6, 2012

THIS IS MY THIRD FORERUNNER, SO OBVIOUSLY I LIKE 'EM. NEVER THOUGHT I'D BUY A CAR OFF THE INTERNET AT MY AGE.(68). CONTACTED SEVERAL DEALERS IN MY REGION AFTER SEEING THEIR INVENTORY ON CARS,COM. KNEW WHAT I WANTED AS FAR AS EQUIPMENT AND FOUND THE BEST PRICE AT A DEALERSHIP ABOUT 200 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE. WORKED OUT THE PARTICULARS OVER THE PHONE AND WENT AND PICKED IT UP. WENT VERY SMOOTHLY AND I'M HAPPY SO FAR.

Love my new 4Runner!!

by Young mom and professional from Colorado Springs, CO | September 1, 2012

I traded my Honda Pilot for a new 4Runner. I love it! It is bigger than the Pilot but easier to drive. I feel like I am driving a car rather than large SUV. It is easy to park and make U-turns, etc. Very smooth, quiet ride. Room seating 7. The middle row is a little tight with two car seats in it. Would be super crammed with 3. Other than that, no complaints. The tech package is awesome and quality of the vehicle is great. I really do love it.

Love my 4Runner

by none from Tampa, FL | August 24, 2012

I am very happy with the comfort level that this vehicle has. I had a Sequoia which rode like a premium car. My 4Runner feels almost the same. It pulls my flats boat with ease and has plenty of power. I would recommend this to anyone who what a good riding SUV that will run for 200000 miles without you having to replace anything but maintenance items.

Very Good SUV

by Gone from Northeast Nebraska | July 24, 2012

OK, I agree I am not an expert. I always wanted an SUV and finally I was fortunate enough to own a brand new SUV. My search started like everybody elses...Internet reviews, lots of research and finally the test drives. Being a taller person, this time I really wanted a vehicle that is comfortable for me, has good reliability and also looks great! Toyota 4runner is The vehicle for me. Honda pilot was a distant possible second choice. I also seriously thought of buying a True American Brand for feed good factor (Tahoe or Expedition) but figured didn't need a vehicle that big and also was not going to take a chance on quality issues. Like many I MUST drive my vehicle everyday for work purpose. Had a very bad experience with ford Probe...Remember 'Check Engine' light ;) Anyway, the Sr5 4x4 is really not bad to shift. I had various concerns but once I did it the first time, shifting is not an issue anymore. If you are considering buying this go ahead. Trust me, it is super comfortable for me ...and in general for taller people, quiet and very solidly built. As far as power, I think it is very good but this is coming from a guy who always had 4 cylinder cars in the past...gas mileage is good for a heavy vehicle. Enjoy!

SUV of the year

by more power please from Protland, OR | June 12, 2012

everything is perfect...except the V-6, would like a little more power like 50hp or so going up a hill highway speed very slow... where's the V-8 option?