2013 Toyota 4Runner

17 city / 21–22 hwy

Overall

Silver 2013 4-Runner

by Toyota household from Colorado Springs | February 1, 2014

I've had this 2013 4-Runner for two weeks now...long enough for the new-car honeymoon to wear off. It's a Toyota (our 5th in 20 years) and will certainly never leave us walking. It's beautiful, comfy, has plenty of gadgets, and is mechanically sound...everything you'd expect from a Toyota. So here are the negatives I've found so far: - Surprisingly it's a bit under-powered. Smooth powertrain, but it simply does not have the pick-up that my (now my wife's) 2009 4-Runner has. - Gas cap is accessible from the outside. This year's model no longer has the interior cap release. - Middle row of seats does not tumble. Though the 3rd row has been improved to tuck into the deck, not being able to tumble the middle row significantly reduces cargo capacity. - Even less room behind 3rd row of seats. - Steering wheel release (tilt up for exiting) is much more cumbersome. Used to be a simple lever. - Location of 2H-4H-4L dial is awkward. Everyone that looks at it has the same reaction: "That should be a cup-holder." Beautiful car, worth the $30K+, but no car will ever be perfect (other than the '88 Supra, Toyota should just re-offer those).

Best car i have ever owned

by 4runner lover from Bismarck, ND | September 21, 2013

I bought my big, beautiful black 4runner limited in January 2013. The reasons why i got it were, #1 I needed a good, reliable car that can carry me, my husband, my 10 year old son, my 8 year old daughter, and my 3 year old greyhound. #2, My family goes camping a lot and it tows our wolf pup travel trailer and the roof rack carries our camping gear along with the back with the third row flat also carries our camping gear. #3 It is the best car my family has ever owned for the cold and heavy North Dakota snow. And # 4 I love all the interior features like the heated seats, the entune infotainment system, the navigation, the fold flat into the floor third row fits my dog perfectly, the leather seats, and the sunroof.

2013 4 runner

by popeye from california | September 5, 2013

best suv i have ever owned-quiet-good handling-good lines strong runner-tail gate window moveable-great feature.-cannot find any faults

Best SUV

by Goodbar from Lake Bridge LA | August 31, 2013

I love my 4 Runner from its styling and perfect fit and finish interior but only complaint is the audio/displays can't see to well especially if in the glare that is the most thing i don't like. The 4.0 liter 6 cylinder is quiet with smooth acceleration and has improved gas mileage i like the navigation, heated seats and mirrors, leather interior, Bluetooth. The all wheel drive is superior from merging through traffic or heading on freeways the 4 Runner does a adequate job. Everything is just great on the SUV from perfect accessories and a comfortable quiet cabin with the Limited Pkg i love this SUV it's going to be recommended from reliability and quality.

Love it

by Sam from Indiana | August 19, 2013

Our first brand new car since 1972.Was looking at full size SUV(Navigator,Escalade,etc).Too big for 2 66yr old drivers.4Runner filled the bill, firm SUV ride,prce styling,reliability(we expect to own this car for at least 10-15 years).You sit a bit higher than vehs built on a car frame and the 20" tires help. Interior features more than adequate but you don't feeled technically overwhelmed with gadgets.Sound system is super, back seat ride is fine but the optional 3rd seat is not for grown ups.Interior could stand a bit of ornamentation as it is fairly "blah" but well made and durable. We probably got more off-road performance than we will ever need but who cares....I would buy again.

2013 Toyota 4Runner

by gotlots from Hemet,CA | August 13, 2013

Ordered new 4Runner from factory with options that I wanted. Couldn't be happier with the results. YA

my 4 Runner love it

by truck guy from Jacksonville FL | August 13, 2013

My2013 4 runner is sharp.No problems so far and it does come with a rear windshield wiper.I put chrom wheels on it had pin stripping done and for a truck it rides good.People conplain about the ride,it's a truck not a car ride.The one negative thing you can't see the radio channels the are real dark.Toyota ,hope you take notice of this.Overall a 4out of a 5

Nice, but a bit bumpy drive

by ownertoyota from Houston, Tx | July 23, 2013

I love the looks and options with my 2013 4Runner. The exterior and interior are very nicely designed. My only complaint, well, two complaints on the vehicle would be 1. Can not see the radio display/clock 2. It handles a big rough. I previously owned a Tahoe which is a much smoother ride. Other than the above, it is a very nice vehicle. I will get adjusted to the handling, but something to pay attention to when car shopping.

never had one

by ? from k .falls oregon | July 17, 2013

I want to go for 4 runner toyota never had one and I want to try one out hear a lot about it I want to try it out and I see it has the comfort in it and roomy

If you want.....

by Durango24runner from Wisconsin | July 16, 2013

...a mid size true SUV that is great on road and stunning off road, has plenty of room, great features(like windshield wiper de-icer, who comes up with this stuff, love it), and gets good gas mileage, you may want a 4runner. It is a lot of fun to drive.