We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2013 Toyota 4Runner

2013 Toyota 4Runner
Available in 5 styles:  2013 Toyota 4Runner 4dr 4x4 shown

17 city / 21–22 hwy

Overall

My First 4runner

by Scott from Missouri | February 12, 2016

I've wanted a 4runner for years - but could never justify the high price a used 4runner always carries. Might as well buy new for that matter. This time, I sucked it up and bought the true SUV i've been wanting for years. Albeit a 5th gen 4runner, I think it has everything I was looking for. I suppose I don't have anything negative to say, mine is an SR5 with all the imaginable upgrades (not sure which packages), but it has leather, sunroof, chrome tailpipe, navigation, heated seats, etc. Mechanically, I don't see there ever being any issues. It's recommended I change the oil every 10,000 miles so I've don that once since I bought the vehicle with 18K and now have 33K on it. If I have any knocks here they are: 1. No third row-seat, but while I understand one can have a third-row, it would be terrible cramped because overall cargo seems limited in this SUV. Coming from a Nissan Pathfinder, my Pathfinder seemed more capable of jamming stuff in the back. Finally, I'm a man and I want torque! I want more torque! I don't like minivans beating me off the line (not that I'm racing my 4runner), but I miss a V8 option, or something like Ford F150 did with their 3.5L ecoboost putting out over 400 pound feet of torque. Engine is nice and smooth, just wish there was some aggression behind it. That may just be me though, I like loud trucks with horsepower and torque. Finally, one really cool feature I wish the 4runner would eventually have, are true truck-like side mirrors...you know, the square ones with the blind-spot mirrors within. It would make the vehicle more "truck-like," body on frame. I would recommend though - I've had absolutley no issues whatsoever, which is what you would expect from Toyota. I guess I've got myself a rig for another 10 - 15 years.

2013 Limited 4Runner highly recommeded

by crabblegs from CO | December 9, 2015

After driving an SR5 2014 4Runner we switched to a 2013 Limited 4Runner and couldn't be happier. So many aspects are better on the 2013 Limited. Highly recommend this model as it drives great, great off road and a terrific daily commuter in comfort and style.

very tough suv

by Duggy from mass. | October 2, 2015

I bought this at the end of 2013 brand new and its strong and I like having a full frame as I tow a 3000 pound camper.No issues at with this suv.

4runner continues to impress....

by Scott from saint louis mo | July 3, 2015

I mean, what a freaking beast of a vehicle. It's no wonder Toyota owners are loyal to this vehicle. I bought mine with 17K miles on it and I now have 27K miles on it. When I say there's been zero wrong with this vehicle, I haven't begun to break it in. Positives: Reliability, I laugh at snow, MPG for a truck that can tow 5K, Quality, change oil every 10K, party-mode for music, all the tech you want with the right version Cons: 6 cylinder engine is okay - not overpowering like the Tundra, mine does not have 3rd row -Scott

Silver 2013 4-Runner

by Toyota household from Colorado Springs | February 1, 2014

I've had this 2013 4-Runner for two weeks now...long enough for the new-car honeymoon to wear off. It's a Toyota (our 5th in 20 years) and will certainly never leave us walking. It's beautiful, comfy, has plenty of gadgets, and is mechanically sound...everything you'd expect from a Toyota. So here are the negatives I've found so far: - Surprisingly it's a bit under-powered. Smooth powertrain, but it simply does not have the pick-up that my (now my wife's) 2009 4-Runner has. - Gas cap is accessible from the outside. This year's model no longer has the interior cap release. - Middle row of seats does not tumble. Though the 3rd row has been improved to tuck into the deck, not being able to tumble the middle row significantly reduces cargo capacity. - Even less room behind 3rd row of seats. - Steering wheel release (tilt up for exiting) is much more cumbersome. Used to be a simple lever. - Location of 2H-4H-4L dial is awkward. Everyone that looks at it has the same reaction: "That should be a cup-holder." Beautiful car, worth the $30K+, but no car will ever be perfect (other than the '88 Supra, Toyota should just re-offer those).

Best car i have ever owned

by 4runner lover from Bismarck, ND | September 21, 2013

I bought my big, beautiful black 4runner limited in January 2013. The reasons why i got it were, #1 I needed a good, reliable car that can carry me, my husband, my 10 year old son, my 8 year old daughter, and my 3 year old greyhound. #2, My family goes camping a lot and it tows our wolf pup travel trailer and the roof rack carries our camping gear along with the back with the third row flat also carries our camping gear. #3 It is the best car my family has ever owned for the cold and heavy North Dakota snow. And # 4 I love all the interior features like the heated seats, the entune infotainment system, the navigation, the fold flat into the floor third row fits my dog perfectly, the leather seats, and the sunroof.

2013 4 runner

by popeye from california | September 5, 2013

best suv i have ever owned-quiet-good handling-good lines strong runner-tail gate window moveable-great feature.-cannot find any faults

Best SUV

by Goodbar from Lake Bridge LA | August 31, 2013

I love my 4 Runner from its styling and perfect fit and finish interior but only complaint is the audio/displays can't see to well especially if in the glare that is the most thing i don't like. The 4.0 liter 6 cylinder is quiet with smooth acceleration and has improved gas mileage i like the navigation, heated seats and mirrors, leather interior, Bluetooth. The all wheel drive is superior from merging through traffic or heading on freeways the 4 Runner does a adequate job. Everything is just great on the SUV from perfect accessories and a comfortable quiet cabin with the Limited Pkg i love this SUV it's going to be recommended from reliability and quality.

Love it

by Sam from Indiana | August 19, 2013

Our first brand new car since 1972.Was looking at full size SUV(Navigator,Escalade,etc).Too big for 2 66yr old drivers.4Runner filled the bill, firm SUV ride,prce styling,reliability(we expect to own this car for at least 10-15 years).You sit a bit higher than vehs built on a car frame and the 20" tires help. Interior features more than adequate but you don't feeled technically overwhelmed with gadgets.Sound system is super, back seat ride is fine but the optional 3rd seat is not for grown ups.Interior could stand a bit of ornamentation as it is fairly "blah" but well made and durable. We probably got more off-road performance than we will ever need but who cares....I would buy again.

2013 Toyota 4Runner

by gotlots from Hemet,CA | August 13, 2013

Ordered new 4Runner from factory with options that I wanted. Couldn't be happier with the results. YA