2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

Starting MSRP

40 city / 39 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Outstanding performance, lots of good features

by MrCobb from Orange County, California | July 5, 2014

We have owned this car for over a year now. It has run flawlessly and we are achieving 39.5 MPG with mixed driving. We love the styling. We have the hybrid Touring model and like the Lane Assist feature and the alarm that sounds if a car or person is passing behind you when you are reversing. We play music on our iPhone via Bluetooth and enjoy the great sound. Plenty of pickup to enter the freeway and accelerate to pass other vehicles. We're very satisfied with our purchase. No buyer's remorse at all. Highly recommend this car. Great value for the price and you simply cannot beat the mileage for a very comfortable and roomy car.

Just Okay

by Big Ben from Dallas, Texas | April 17, 2014

I had wanted an Avalon for some time - when they introduced they Hybrid model, I was sold. Unfortunately, I have not been impressed. The ride is harsh, the interior quality is suspect (the seat back trim is falling off; the rearview mirror is falling off) and the overall driving dynamic is very confusing. I really don’t think thecar knows if it’s supposed to be a "luxury car" or a "sports car" – it does neither well. Did I mention the ride is harsh? If you think this will ride like the old Avalons, Cadillacs or Lexus LS 400 - think again. Its 17 inch wheels and stiff shocks announce themselves over even the smallest road imperfections - sending sharp rebounds up through the cold hard seats that lack proper support. All in all, the best part of the car is the gas millage, which for the most part is amazing. I just wish the suspension didn't punish me every time I drive it.

Do not get the mileage Toyota says you will get.

by lfaley from Dubuque, iowa | February 9, 2014

I average only 30 mpg with my 2013 hybrid. Company is misleading the consumer. Nice ride but poor mileage.

Most expensive car we have ever owner

by Retired by Disability from OKC, ok | January 28, 2014

My wife does the driving and loves it. It is more comfortable than anything before. The driver seat automatically moves back when she turns the car off and forward when she gets in. Gas mileage is great even the way she drives. The way the navigation system is connected and gets more upto date information seems good so far. Lots of goodies we have not even fully explored. Feel like lots of doom in the car an trunk looks pretty good too. Overall a winner.

SWEET AND SMOOOOOOTH RIDEEEEE

by Joe from BOSTON MA | December 6, 2013

LET ME START BY SAYING THAT THE 2013 AVALON HYBRID IS A REALLY NICE VEHICLE, I HAD AN INFINITI FX AS WELL AN ACURA RDX, THE AVALON IS THE BEST ONE SO FAR. I RECENTLY TRADED MY 2012 SUBARU IMPREZA LIMITED HATC FOR MY SWEET AVALON XLE TURING HYBRID. I WILL RECOMMEND THE HYBRID MODEL BETTER DUE TO HOW SMOOTH ITS RIDE AND GREAT MPG YOU'LL GET OUT OF THIS FULL SIZE SEDAN. I LIVE IN COLD CLIMATE STILL GET 35 TO 38 MPG ON NORMAL MODE . TRY ONE YOU MAY LOVE IT !!!

Best surprise this year!

by ICEMANN from Wisconsin | November 28, 2013

The 2013 Avalon Hybrid Limited was a great surprise for Driving enjoyment. I look forward to driving this car each and everyday.

Car to LOve-Hate

by Toyboy from SF Bay Area | November 18, 2013

Sorry folks, love this car but they can't fix the creaking noises that are apparent all throught the dashboard area where all the chrome is attached and some in the right door (not the left door mind you). They say that they all creak and its normal (whats up with that ?) my new $35,000 car is supposed to have creaking noises? Very disappointing to say the least because I love this car but can't live with all the noises. I have had 8 Toys and this could be my last. Must look for another car that doesn't have interior noises (it ruins the music experience)

Great Car

by AJ Avalon from Houston, TX | November 13, 2013

This is my second Avalon. I had a 2008 and loved it. This one exceeded my expectations. I have the Hybrid Limited and love the gas mileage. Once you learn how to go easy on the gas pedal, it is not difficult to average 40 plus mpg. The interior is well laid out and has plenty of room. The exterior is stylish and fits in with luxury sedans that cost much more. The handling is much sportier than my old avalon. If you need extra power or speed just push the sport mode button and you can feel the difference.

Eceeding epa mpg Ratings

by mizzenman from Staten Island, NY | October 17, 2013

Bought at the end of the model year the savings offset the hybrid costs. Chose the limited for it's comfortable seating. Have achieved over 51 mpg and look forward to continued savings.

A wonderful automobile

by Avalon Enthusiast from Raleigh, NC | September 28, 2013

This is my third Avalon and the best by far. The car has great handling, has surprising power for a 4 cylinder hybred and is very quiet at all speeds. I'm very pleased with my decision to purchase a Hybred.