2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

Est. MPG

40 city / 39 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Do not get the mileage Toyota says you will get.

by lfaley from Dubuque, iowa | February 9, 2014

I average only 30 mpg with my 2013 hybrid. Company is misleading the consumer. Nice ride but poor mileage.

Most expensive car we have ever owner

by Retired by Disability from OKC, ok | January 28, 2014

My wife does the driving and loves it. It is more comfortable than anything before. The driver seat automatically moves back when she turns the car off and forward when she gets in. Gas mileage is great even the way she drives. The way the navigation system is connected and gets more upto date information seems good so far. Lots of goodies we have not even fully explored. Feel like lots of doom in the car an trunk looks pretty good too. Overall a winner.

SWEET AND SMOOOOOOTH RIDEEEEE

by Joe from BOSTON MA | December 6, 2013

LET ME START BY SAYING THAT THE 2013 AVALON HYBRID IS A REALLY NICE VEHICLE, I HAD AN INFINITI FX AS WELL AN ACURA RDX, THE AVALON IS THE BEST ONE SO FAR. I RECENTLY TRADED MY 2012 SUBARU IMPREZA LIMITED HATC FOR MY SWEET AVALON XLE TURING HYBRID. I WILL RECOMMEND THE HYBRID MODEL BETTER DUE TO HOW SMOOTH ITS RIDE AND GREAT MPG YOU'LL GET OUT OF THIS FULL SIZE SEDAN. I LIVE IN COLD CLIMATE STILL GET 35 TO 38 MPG ON NORMAL MODE . TRY ONE YOU MAY LOVE IT !!!

Best surprise this year!

by ICEMANN from Wisconsin | November 28, 2013

The 2013 Avalon Hybrid Limited was a great surprise for Driving enjoyment. I look forward to driving this car each and everyday.

Car to LOve-Hate

by Toyboy from SF Bay Area | November 18, 2013

Sorry folks, love this car but they can't fix the creaking noises that are apparent all throught the dashboard area where all the chrome is attached and some in the right door (not the left door mind you). They say that they all creak and its normal (whats up with that ?) my new $35,000 car is supposed to have creaking noises? Very disappointing to say the least because I love this car but can't live with all the noises. I have had 8 Toys and this could be my last. Must look for another car that doesn't have interior noises (it ruins the music experience)

Great Car

by AJ Avalon from Houston, TX | November 13, 2013

This is my second Avalon. I had a 2008 and loved it. This one exceeded my expectations. I have the Hybrid Limited and love the gas mileage. Once you learn how to go easy on the gas pedal, it is not difficult to average 40 plus mpg. The interior is well laid out and has plenty of room. The exterior is stylish and fits in with luxury sedans that cost much more. The handling is much sportier than my old avalon. If you need extra power or speed just push the sport mode button and you can feel the difference.

Eceeding epa mpg Ratings

by mizzenman from Staten Island, NY | October 17, 2013

Bought at the end of the model year the savings offset the hybrid costs. Chose the limited for it's comfortable seating. Have achieved over 51 mpg and look forward to continued savings.

A wonderful automobile

by Avalon Enthusiast from Raleigh, NC | September 28, 2013

This is my third Avalon and the best by far. The car has great handling, has surprising power for a 4 cylinder hybred and is very quiet at all speeds. I'm very pleased with my decision to purchase a Hybred.

Lexus in a Toyota Wrapper

by Hybrid Newbie from Southeastern CT | September 27, 2013

So far (3 weeks old), I love it! Exactly the same car as the Lexus 300H hybrid. I got the Avalon Hybrid Limited (top of the line) with the technology package. The interior is excellent and front seats are very comfortable (both have lumbar support). The middle of the back seat is the only weak point, my wife had to sit there when we had 5 passengers and she said it was pretty hard and not at all comfortable. Plenty of leg room in the back seat, more than my Honda Pilot had or a Lexus 450H. The Bluetooth phone connection works well and I get my email easily (not that I really want it on the road). The stereo is excellent and interior is very quiet. The "radar measuring" cruise control is pretty cool, and effective. The cross traffic warning and blind spot indicators work well, all cars should have these! So far, I have been averaging about 38 mpg, I took one long trip (1100 miles) driving about 75 mph with the A/C on and got the 38 mpg! So far, this has been a great car and it has lived up to my expectations!

Have been waiting for the Avalon Hybrid

by MPG and MPH, and a perfect match from Philadelphia, PA | September 21, 2013

This is my 2nd Avalon, owning a 2008 Limited that was a great car, but wanted better mileage. I was fearful to lose the power, but after trading it in for the 2013 Avalon Limited Hybrid, I know I made the right choice. The power is stil there in "sport" mode when needed, and even in "eco" on the highway, it will pick up when needed. I have now reached 15k, and it continues to impress me. I would say 75 percent of our drive is highway, and we average 40-42 mpg per tank, typically lasting well over 600 miles a tank. If you just purchased, the mpgs will improve after a few thousand miles are on it. The only thing I dislike is the stereo system, but I did not like the JBL on my old avalon, the bass is weak versus Bose which has a much deeper/crisper sound. The rest of the car is amazing, tightering steering for a fun drive, comfortable seats that make long drives fantastic, and amazing technology that Euro cars cannot even compete with unless you pay 60k (without even mentioning the poor perforance from American cars). I would recommend this car to anyone, it is not only safe and economical, but fun and beautiful. Why not get a full size sedan that can blow the prius out of the water in every aspect! And for the few of you worried about the lack of power/speeed, trust me it is stil lthere, except now you get close to 40mpg while doing 80mph. Buy it!