2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

40 city / 39 hwy

Overall

Very Satisfied

by Pdhr54 from Kentucky | July 24, 2015

I set out to buy a car to save on gas mileage. I planned to keep my Sequoia for long trips and when I wanted to take several people or haul the pontoon. I tried out a Prius and then moved up to a Camry. After I drove the Avalon, there was no turning back. We just got back from a long trip with the trunk loaded to the top and carrying four adults. Everyone had plenty of room and my car got almost forty mpg! I keep mine on ECO all the time. After a day or two, I got used to the ECO mode and I rarely use the other modes. I have the Limited so it's loaded with extras. I let a friend drive mine not long after I bought mine and he went out and bought one exactly like mine. I hope it ends up being as reliable as my Sequoia. The only negative I would say is I live where it's humid in the summer and it seemed like the air conditioner smelled musty-like. I took it to my dealer and they put some kind of filter on it. It didn't seem like it helped it then but I haven't noticed it at all this summer.

So far, greatly exceeds expectations

by Hybrid Car Enthusiast from Castleton, NY | July 22, 2015

We purchased a used 20'13 Avalon Hybrid Limited with 19000 miles. Has greatly exceeded our hope to find a luxury fun car. Rides and handles very well and had all the gadgets. Especially like the bluetooth and blind spot and back-up camera safety features. Sound system is excellent Still learning all the features of the NAV system. All this and we still are getting 41 MPG in all around driving since we bought it 4 months ago! This is our fourth Toyota and it is the best by far!

2013 Avalon XLE Hybrid

by Ct Avalon from Old Lyme, Ct | July 14, 2015

I bought this car used with 36K miles and it runs like it's just off the lot. My first trip (150 miles) I got 40.4 MPG keeping the speed at 65 mph. The return trip at 70 mph average resulted in about 37.5 MPG. This is my 3rd Avalon and I hope to get the same mileage out of this car as I did on the previous 2. My 1995 got 260K before I broke down and got a 2000. I got 330K on that one (still have it as a back-up car).

I really like this car

by crazyjack from New Harmony,Utah | February 15, 2015

We have the limited hybrid.We bought it with 28,000 miles on it. We are getting 37.5 overall.We live in very hilly country.We drive 400.00 miles( $20.00) and still have half a tank! The only problem I've had is learning to use the phone and map.It also rides a little rough.I get the best millage on ECON setting.Being 76 is most likely the problem. I drove into 40MPH head wind with very little noise.It's much better than the 06 Avalon xle. The brakes are the best but quite touchy

excellent car

by lpm in az from Tucson, Az | February 8, 2015

We bought this car from a private party in Montana. We flew out to get it and drove it back home. We averaged 36.6 miles per gallon driving back to Tucson. It's comfortable, quite and safe.

Great car and dealership

by Just Another Buyer from Chesapeak, VA | July 24, 2014

We had to drive four hours each way and into another state to look at this car and ultimately bought it. It was well worth the drive.

Outstanding performance, lots of good features

by MrCobb from Orange County, California | July 5, 2014

We have owned this car for over a year now. It has run flawlessly and we are achieving 39.5 MPG with mixed driving. We love the styling. We have the hybrid Touring model and like the Lane Assist feature and the alarm that sounds if a car or person is passing behind you when you are reversing. We play music on our iPhone via Bluetooth and enjoy the great sound. Plenty of pickup to enter the freeway and accelerate to pass other vehicles. We're very satisfied with our purchase. No buyer's remorse at all. Highly recommend this car. Great value for the price and you simply cannot beat the mileage for a very comfortable and roomy car.

Just Okay

by Big Ben from Dallas, Texas | April 17, 2014

I had wanted an Avalon for some time - when they introduced they Hybrid model, I was sold. Unfortunately, I have not been impressed. The ride is harsh, the interior quality is suspect (the seat back trim is falling off; the rearview mirror is falling off) and the overall driving dynamic is very confusing. I really don’t think thecar knows if it’s supposed to be a "luxury car" or a "sports car" – it does neither well. Did I mention the ride is harsh? If you think this will ride like the old Avalons, Cadillacs or Lexus LS 400 - think again. Its 17 inch wheels and stiff shocks announce themselves over even the smallest road imperfections - sending sharp rebounds up through the cold hard seats that lack proper support. All in all, the best part of the car is the gas millage, which for the most part is amazing. I just wish the suspension didn't punish me every time I drive it.

Do not get the mileage Toyota says you will get.

by lfaley from Dubuque, iowa | February 9, 2014

I average only 30 mpg with my 2013 hybrid. Company is misleading the consumer. Nice ride but poor mileage.

Most expensive car we have ever owner

by Retired by Disability from OKC, ok | January 28, 2014

My wife does the driving and loves it. It is more comfortable than anything before. The driver seat automatically moves back when she turns the car off and forward when she gets in. Gas mileage is great even the way she drives. The way the navigation system is connected and gets more upto date information seems good so far. Lots of goodies we have not even fully explored. Feel like lots of doom in the car an trunk looks pretty good too. Overall a winner.