2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

40 city / 39 hwy

Overall

BEST CAR EVER PURCHASED

by San Ramon Steve from San Ramon, CA | August 6, 2016

My 2013 Toyota Avalon Limited Hybrid is the best car I have ever purchased! I'm loving the 38-45 MPG, I fit the drivers seat perfectly and I'm 6'2" ,225 lbs. The back set fits my 6'5" son, great styling inside. It's fun to drive, expecially in 'Sport' mode. The JBL radio puts out a great sound. The trunk hold 4 suticases just fine. I drove a Lexus ES350h and any my car is just as good for $8-$10,000 LESS. The navigation systenm work well with a large 7" screen. Easy to control a/c & heating. Love the heated and cooled front seats.

Excellent Sedan for performance and reliability.

by Nebu from Plano, Texas | May 10, 2016

One of the best choice I have made on car buying. Nothing come close for reliability and performance.

Fabulous Buy

by Grace from Around Philly | September 7, 2015

We had the following criteria: "Good" in every respect on crash test Excellence in reliability Very good gas mileage Large enough for our family of 3 to go away for the weekend Stylish Price in the mid-20s Not too common The Toyota Avalon Hybrid was the only car that met these criteria, except that it was a bit higher than our budget, because we bought the Limited, the highest trim level. We feel like we got the quality of a Lexus for much less! We love all the features, especially the seat coolers in the front! It is very roomy inside, with a lot of legroom in the back. The trunk is smaller because it's a hybrid, but still quite roomy. There's enough pep, it's quiet and smooth. It handles beautifully! The 2 negatives: If I adjust the seat high, I bump my head getting in and out of the car and I'm short! I do not like the panel design. The touch screen is either too sensitive or too close to the vent and it's easy to change the screen while just trying to redirect the air! It's also hard to read and clunky. On the one hand, it's such a great car I hate to pick on those 2 aspects, but on the other hand, redesigning that would make it a super duper car!

Very Satisfied

by Pdhr54 from Kentucky | July 25, 2015

I set out to buy a car to save on gas mileage. I planned to keep my Sequoia for long trips and when I wanted to take several people or haul the pontoon. I tried out a Prius and then moved up to a Camry. After I drove the Avalon, there was no turning back. We just got back from a long trip with the trunk loaded to the top and carrying four adults. Everyone had plenty of room and my car got almost forty mpg! I keep mine on ECO all the time. After a day or two, I got used to the ECO mode and I rarely use the other modes. I have the Limited so it's loaded with extras. I let a friend drive mine not long after I bought mine and he went out and bought one exactly like mine. I hope it ends up being as reliable as my Sequoia. The only negative I would say is I live where it's humid in the summer and it seemed like the air conditioner smelled musty-like. I took it to my dealer and they put some kind of filter on it. It didn't seem like it helped it then but I haven't noticed it at all this summer.

So far, greatly exceeds expectations

by Hybrid Car Enthusiast from Castleton, NY | July 23, 2015

We purchased a used 20'13 Avalon Hybrid Limited with 19000 miles. Has greatly exceeded our hope to find a luxury fun car. Rides and handles very well and had all the gadgets. Especially like the bluetooth and blind spot and back-up camera safety features. Sound system is excellent Still learning all the features of the NAV system. All this and we still are getting 41 MPG in all around driving since we bought it 4 months ago! This is our fourth Toyota and it is the best by far!

2013 Avalon XLE Hybrid

by Ct Avalon from Old Lyme, Ct | July 14, 2015

I bought this car used with 36K miles and it runs like it's just off the lot. My first trip (150 miles) I got 40.4 MPG keeping the speed at 65 mph. The return trip at 70 mph average resulted in about 37.5 MPG. This is my 3rd Avalon and I hope to get the same mileage out of this car as I did on the previous 2. My 1995 got 260K before I broke down and got a 2000. I got 330K on that one (still have it as a back-up car).

I really like this car

by crazyjack from New Harmony,Utah | February 15, 2015

We have the limited hybrid.We bought it with 28,000 miles on it. We are getting 37.5 overall.We live in very hilly country.We drive 400.00 miles( $20.00) and still have half a tank! The only problem I've had is learning to use the phone and map.It also rides a little rough.I get the best millage on ECON setting.Being 76 is most likely the problem. I drove into 40MPH head wind with very little noise.It's much better than the 06 Avalon xle. The brakes are the best but quite touchy

excellent car

by lpm in az from Tucson, Az | February 8, 2015

We bought this car from a private party in Montana. We flew out to get it and drove it back home. We averaged 36.6 miles per gallon driving back to Tucson. It's comfortable, quite and safe.

Great car and dealership

by Just Another Buyer from Chesapeak, VA | July 24, 2014

We had to drive four hours each way and into another state to look at this car and ultimately bought it. It was well worth the drive.

Outstanding performance, lots of good features

by MrCobb from Orange County, California | July 5, 2014

We have owned this car for over a year now. It has run flawlessly and we are achieving 39.5 MPG with mixed driving. We love the styling. We have the hybrid Touring model and like the Lane Assist feature and the alarm that sounds if a car or person is passing behind you when you are reversing. We play music on our iPhone via Bluetooth and enjoy the great sound. Plenty of pickup to enter the freeway and accelerate to pass other vehicles. We're very satisfied with our purchase. No buyer's remorse at all. Highly recommend this car. Great value for the price and you simply cannot beat the mileage for a very comfortable and roomy car.