2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

40 city / 39 hwy

Overall

Toyota Quality

by Car Lover from Kentucky | February 3, 2015

I did hours of research online and also test driving cars before I gladly chose this beautiful wonder. I needed a new car as my ford fusion was getting on my nerves. I considered several cars, even cars in different classes such as the Honda Accord; Chevy Malibu, Impala, and Volt; Nissan Altima and Maxima; Audi A3 and A4; BMW 3 series, and even the Mercedes Benz CLA and C-Class. I finally decided on the Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited. Part of my decision was influenced by my friend that has a 2006 Avalon with nearly 225,000 miles on it and hasn't had to take it to the shop outside of regular maintenance. For the price, it was the best out of the competition in regards to standard features, gas mileage, performance, comfort, quality, and value. I also considered the Lexus ES350, but they seemed really similar, besides the heavier price tag. This car is amazing though. For short trips to the grocery store, I can run it in EV mode, and not use a drop of gas! Or to show off to my friends, I throw it in sport mode, and have a blast! This car is also very stable and quiet at highway speeds up to 80 mph. I haven't driven over 80 mph, so I can't say much about it past that point. Can't say anything about the longterm reliability of this specific model year yet as I only have about 6000 miles on it thus far. If I had to buy another car, I would go to this car, or even the Camry, likely hybrid, in a heart beat. And, I no longer fear gas stations. I tend to drive conservatively, and have a current lifetime gas mileage of 43.5 mpg, which is completely amazing, seeing as getting 25 mpg in my Fusion was considered good. Also, ToyotaCare prepaid maintenance is awesome, and can be used when bargaining for this beauty, hint hint.

Great Car!!!!

by chrisxpierce from Franklin Louisiana | December 30, 2014

Probably the best car, hands down, that I've ever owned! It performs, as advertised! Comfort, room & much more to love about it! Econo if you want, or rev up and go into sport mode, great power! Thanks Toyota!!

It's a Toyota

by Jonnyaces from Brooklyn, NY | November 24, 2014

Nice overall design; smooth, quiet running; precise steering/handling; good road feel; good gas mileage (after all, it's a hybrid); upscale interior; useful controls, decent leg room and shoulder room. Not as comfortable as I was expecting over bumps, rough road, etc

Nicest Car I have ever owned

by Driving in Luxury in DFW from Dallas/Fort Worth | October 15, 2014

I bought my first Toyota (Camry) in 1986. I have been a loyal Toyota driver since. This is my 6th Toyota in almost 30 yrs. I traded my 2012 Camry XLE Hybrid, for a 2014 Avalon Limited Hybrid. This by far and away is a smoother, quieter, and most luxurious Toyota I have ever purchased. Other than a slightly smaller trunk than the Camry, (for more leg room in the cabin), I have not one complaint. Great gas mileage, great get up and go power, when needed. Beautiful interior ,and exterior. The cockpit has everything a person wants. Mirrors are heated, and has blind spot protection. Cabin has air conditioned/ heated seats all the way around, and a great sound system. The back window curtain is a wonderful addition to keep the cabin cool, and Texas heat out. The Avalon comes off the same line as the Lexus, but a lot cheaper. I would recommend this particular vehicle to anyone. Great job Toyota.

This is the greatest car. It does thing I'm still

by Looking Good from sacramento Ca. | September 25, 2014

Today it rained. I did not know that the wipers ajust to how much rain is on the windshield. That is so cool. I love how you can adjust the seats and set it for 2 different people. the gas milege is fantastic too.

Great car for the money, with great gas milage.

by JayP from Cumming, GA | September 18, 2014

This is a great car. It gets great gas milage. I was expecting the hybrid to be sluggish, but when sport mode is selected, this car has exceptional power. The Avalon no longer looks like a grandfathers car. It is sleek, great looking car. And how can you beat a Toyota? This is my forth, reliable cars that really hold their value. I am very happy with my purchase

Comfortable, Quiet Ride

by Nonstop Nona from Young Harris, GA | August 26, 2014

We recently purchased the Toyota Avalon Hybrid Touring after owning 2 Toyota Priuses. We loved the Prius and it's economy but wanted a more comfortable vehicle for longer trips. After 6 weeks, we're very satisfied with the performance and comfort of the Avalon. We're still learning to use some of the technology but love that the screens are so easy to read versus the Prius. We, also, appreciate the safety features especially the blind spot lights on the outside mirrors. We like the interior finish and feel it gives a feeling of luxury--also, how quiet the interior is. So far, we've been getting around 40 mpg in the mountainous area in which we live. We've driven it on 125 mile trips to Atlanta but haven't yet taken any long road trips. We look forward to many years of reliable service.

i just got the car , ok so far

by bul dog from orange park, fl | August 20, 2014

car is ok on gas about what it is suppose to get, drives ok looks good, but when you pay for it check all the money you pay for your self the finance guy will put stuff in that has no business being there, on ours he added about $800.00 and said it was other cost, i should have went back and canceled the sale . make sure you don't let them do it to you.

Outsatnding Toyotas

by Toyota Fan from Lebanon, VA | July 22, 2014

After having 3 Camrys, decided to go for a little luxury in buying the 2014 Avalon Hybrid...just a superb auto..looks exceptional, handles beautifully, and on my first long trip, after I filled up on I-81, it gave me an average of 41.7 miles when I arrived at my destination in Woodbridge, VA. I'm hoping it is going to give me a very, very long (at least 8-10 yrs) trouble free service.

Good Choice

by MkSingle from Indiaapolis | July 14, 2014

Yes, I would recommend to a friend. loving it. best cars I have ever purchased. Handles extremely well.