1995 Toyota Avalon

20 city / 28 hwy

Overall

SO TRUSTWORTHY

by BUDDY RED from Passaic, NJ | April 15, 2014

I bought my 1995 Avalon XLS with 130,000 miles in 2013. It is now a year and one half later and has 12,000 more miles. This car is fantastic, especially considering it's age. It rides so nice and has never let me down even during this last terrible winter season. I have put the very basic money into it for normal wear and tear. I love this car.

B-E-S-T Car Ever

by iLoveAva from South Carolina | March 28, 2014

I purchased my Avalon (nickname: Ava) in 2005 as a college student with 75k miles. I lived about 2hrs away from home and I would travel there maybe 2 times a month, but mostly used around the city. The funny thing is, I totaled it after hitting a deer on the interstate in 2007, but I re-purchased & repaired the body. Since then I have not had one single major issue. I've had to get a starter put in, the window motor replaced at the dealership (a little pricey), and recently got the spark plugs and high mileage maintenance completed. Ava now has 211k miles and is still giving me the quietest smoothest most enjoyable ride that I could ask for. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

Never dies

by Satisfied driver from Savannah, Georgia | March 1, 2013

I bought my 1995 Toyota Avalon in 2001. It only had 32,000 miles on it. It is now almost 18 years old and has 311,000 miles on it!! It has never once broken down or had any major issues. I have kept up with the maintenance on it. Yhe only thing I had to have done was the starter had to be rebuilt. And that was before it hit 40,000 miles but it was no big deal. The funny thing is that the timing belt has NEVER been changed! I just bought one though and will be changing it in a couple of days. The car runs like a dream! Its great on gas mileage and its so comfortable. This car has never even dripped oil onto the driveway. Im so pleased with my car!

Fantastic

by Dannyboy from Omaha | February 18, 2013

My wife bought a car exactly like this one 2 years ago. She now has 295,000 miles on it and still running. Fixed regular things with suspension but the motor can't be beat. Fantastic value.

GREAT CAR!

by Xaphrin from Kalamazoo, MI | September 19, 2012

I've owned Miss Betsy (My Avalon) for seven years. I bought her with 103,00 and now she has over 200,000. She's had some repairs done (O2 sensor, water pump), but she's been amazing. I get great gas milage on the highway, and okay milage through town. She's super comfortable and used to be really quiet (now she knocks and whines a little, but that's because she's a little rusty in the under-carriage and some things are coming loose). I've taken her all over the country with no problems at all, and she drives GREAT in our heavy SW Michigan winters. All-in-all, I recommend my Avalon to anyone asking. Miss Betsy might be an old broad, but she can keep up with the best of them.

121,000 and a 2200 dollar transmission bill

by toyota is overrated from Orlando, FL | June 6, 2012

bought the car with 111,000 miles, drove it relatively hard for 10,000 miles and 7 months. Now at 121,000 miles it is in the shop with a transmission problem that will cost 2,200 dollars to fix. I think Toyota's need to be babied and are overrated. I am really mad about this problem.

A Good Car

by djdoggydog from St. Louis MO | May 3, 2012

I bought it with 111,000 miles and now have 119,000 miles. The airbag light has been on since I bought it, and the horn doesn't work. I'm thinking it may be a faulty sensor. I had to replace the exhaust manifold at 113,000. Those are the only problems I've had except for some tire problems and a battery dying. Overall I would say it is a good car. Even though I've had a few problems I won't complain too much because this is a used car. Hoping the engine and transmission will last for 200K or more.

Good car for the money

by doggy from everywhere, California | April 26, 2012

Bought mine used with 111K, and now I have 118K. I've had to replace the exhaust manifold at about 113K. I also had to replace the battery and have had issues with two underinflated tires, but I won't blame Toyota for that. I'm hoping to get new tires come winter. The engine on this car has plenty get up and go, but it doesn't FEEL as fast as my old Pontiac Bonneville. Overall I am relatively happy with this car and hope that it lasts to 200,000 miles and maybe more.

Very Reliable Car

by MRB from Jericho, NY | April 25, 2009

I own a 1995 Toyota Avalon XLS and I owned a 1997 Avalon XLS. Both cars have been very reliable and drive very comfortably. The only major repair that I experienced was the power steering rack and water pump. Nevertheless, I find this car to be a very good value.

Excellent family car

by Carman from GR MI | August 14, 2007

I wish I could find another one of these My Avalon XLS has all the features I love like automatic climate control and a power sunroof, I would recomend to anyone who needs a lot of space in there automobile.

Featured Services for this Toyota Avalon