2003 Toyota Avalon

21 city / 29 hwy

Overall

most reliable

by couch potato from eutawville, south carolina | September 25, 2014

Purchase 2004 and has haver left me stranded or out in the rain or cold. Now has 163500 miles with only regular maintenance and tires and break changes. great car , would love an excuse to buy a new car but it just keeps going and going. Also averages 28 mpg day in and day out. Have my eye on a lexus should it ever hiccup.

This Car Won't Die

by Kaydee from Piscataway, NJ | August 10, 2014

Purchased my 2003 Avalon XLS brand new. The car now has 228,000 miles on it. I thought I would have junked this car by now, but just can't do it because there is nothing wrong with it. Performed regular oil changes and maintenance. Multiple mechanics that have done minor work on it have offered to buy it for their personal use. I've been told that the car culd go another 100,000 miles. This car has all of the luxury features, heated seats, auto start etc... The gas mileage is really good in comparison to luxury brands and it uses regular gasoline. The value is incredible. I've been car noteless for 7years. Only negatives are the small tires on the car and lackluster exterior styling.

Most Comfortable Car I've Ever Owned!

by Carguy 808 from Southern California | September 11, 2013

Just recently bought a 2003 Avalon XLS and so far it's been awesome and a comfortable ride. It has 88k miles and it runs like a champ! Only thing is it came with a cheap tires so looking into upgrading it. Other than that, It's very roomy, quite and steering is so light. I tested this car from CA to Vegas and boy.... my body didn't even get tired. No problem! I bet this car will go for another 100k miles easily by doing regular maintenence. I owned so much cars over the years since I was and still am a carguy. But this car, I can drive all day!

EXCELLENT CAR!!

by Experience Avalon Pilot from Roanoke, VA | March 22, 2013

I have owned two of these Avalons - one was a 2002 which had almost 190,000 miles on it when someone plowed into me, and a 2004 with 130,000 miles on it and not a groan in it's workings! This car is extremely quiet and doesn't even make a whisper going 70 or higher on the interstate. I have never had any major work electronically or mechanically to either of my Avalons aside from regular maintenance. The features are plush and the car is perfect for short trips around the city or 20 hour trip to visit the parents. Don't hesitate on this one! It is an incredible car for what you will pay!

best car i've ever seen

by elrabioso from MA | February 21, 2012

this car was passed down to me by my grandparents, and being like every other old person, they got everything that toyota had to offer for this model. automatic windshield wipers (which i've NEVER seen before in any other car) heated and memory seats and mirrors, leather, wood grain everywhere and soo much more. the power in my V6 is ideal but it could have better cornering ability but is this honestly something i should expect from a full-sized sedan? the performance may be the downfall but the ride comfort and driving ease is ideal, i could literally steer the car with my pinkie finger if i wanted to. I've driven competitor vehicles, like the Maxima and the Accord and i just dont see the level of luxury in those vehicles that i see in my Avalon. The handling and cornering was much better in the Maxima, i must say. but if i was tied between buying a Maxima or an Avalon, the Avalon would win EVERY time.

Great road auto.

by Long distance driver. from Bloomington, IN | January 31, 2012

Most reliable car I ever owned. Great highway car. Very good mileage, comfort and quiet. Never had a repair in almost 200,000 miles! Just regular maintenance.

221K miles and still rolling along...

by vtjohn from Virginia | October 21, 2011

I bought this car almost 5 years ago with 80K miles (an XLS just off lease) and didn't think twice about the lack of warranty. I'm 6'5" and loved that the front seat was available as a bench seat w/ folding armrest so I have plenty of legroom. in 140,000 miles I've only had to do two timing belt changes and a new alternator. Of course oil changes and a new set of cheap tires every year. Never have done the brakes!! Passes inspection every year here in Virginia and the leather seats still look great. definitely Lexus quality with a lower price. The body style is uninspiring, but ages well.

The best car I`ve owned

by Heziel from Upland,Ca | October 31, 2010

I allready have A Nissan Maxima,Infiniti J30,Toyota Camry also a Cadillac and this Avalon is quiet,silk transmission,very smooth ride and also does 29 miles per gallon on freeway,very reliable just gas and I use Marvel Oil in gas tank My next one it will be another Avalon love it. IS A LEXUS CAR WITH THE BIG PRICE TAG

Drives like melted butter ... favorite car EVER.

by Midwest Slacker Mom from Woodbury, MN | April 16, 2010

We're the second owners of a 2003 Avalon XLS. The heated leather seats. The quiet ride. Reasonable gas mileage and huge trunk. There's something very soothing about driving this car. Loving an Avalon goes along with having gray hair, but my beautiful 22-year-old daughter loves driving it, too. And my teen son. The first owner put Michelin tires on it, and the car just floats over the road. It has a nice push of power when you accelerate. This car has 47K, and no mechanical problems so far. (Our 2000 Avalon has over 100K and no problems, either.) My only criticisms are that the dark blue paint shows touch-ups easily and I don't like flipping the center console open to get to the cup holders. Best car ever. Will only buy Avalons from now on.

Oh what a feeling !!!

by Neil from Mel | February 19, 2010

Big boot space and comfy leg room, million times better than the first AU2 falcon that I had. Handling is good around corners and economy is outstanding for a car in its league.It feels like my very own Limo. The original battery is nearly 7 years old and is still running fine. The only small issues that I have with the desgin is the instrument panel, the steering wheel gets in the way and the steering wheel has a vertical tilt and no fwd backwd adjustment. Feels like you are on cloud nine when on really really long drives(my experience 1500 Kms in one day!!) :).

Featured Services for this Toyota Avalon