2004 Toyota Avalon

Est. MPG

21 city / 29 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Simply the best car overall

by waydetheblade from Auburn, WA. | May 3, 2013

For the price I negotiated along with a courteous staff, the car buying experience was amazing and the car itself is simply stunning. She's not the sexiest thing on the road, but she makes up for it in every other way possible. I got the fully loaded XLS and everything seems to work perfectly as if it were a brand new car.

Amazing comfy sedan

by Monica from Chicago, IL | August 30, 2012

I bought a used 2004 Avalon with only 40,000 miles on it. It has been the best decision I have ever made in buying a car. Reliable, and very comfortable. And the horsepower is really there with this amazing 3 liter V6 engine that does not deceive. Fabulous car!

***** Avalon *****

by brigantine ham from Brigantine, NJ | August 10, 2012

I bought my '00 avalon in '09 with 72k miles for $7,500 & it now has 175k...i feel like the car is just getting broken in. i've changed the oil every 3-5k miles & performed regular maintenance. the car owes me nothing. Great car, fantastic ride, nice interior ammenities. wish toyota kept the same body style - sightlines changed in '05.

The best Avalon ever

by Mike from Dallas Texas | March 2, 2012

I have owned my 2004 Avalon since 2008. I bought it used from a local dealer, and it is by far the most amazing car I have ever bought. Interior space is amazing. The handling is extremely precise. The ride super smooth, and the audio system...boy!!! amazing. I bought my car for $22,300 and it is worth every penny!! Thanks Toyota

One of the best cars I've ever owned.

by Nummy from Boca Raton, Fl | February 13, 2012

I'm delighted with this car. Very comfortable, excellent driving etc. Roomy. Lots of spaces to store stuff. Very good sound system.

certified toyota avalon xls

by arizonie from glendale arizona | December 5, 2011

we bought this car as a certified pre owned toyota w/ 24k miles. the reliability has been great. 106k miles now and no major problems just routine and preventive maintenence,it has never left us stranded. the body styling is a bit dull though.interior is nearly as nice as ourES330 Lexus. the price was no bargain but it has maintained its equity better than most brands. we had any warranty work done at toyota dealer and non warranty maintenence done elsewhere to minimize costs.

Good car

by CAP from East TEXAS | January 30, 2011

I have had the car for 5+ yrs and am very satisfied. The combined mileage isn't that great at 22MPG, but on the hwy it isn't bad - 27mpg. The paint on the front bumper area peals badly, and I have noticed other Avalons with the same problem. Very comfortable ride, and has far more rear leg room than the mercury GM I had before this.

my avalon

by Asianboy from Eau Claire, WI | January 26, 2011

I have owned my avalon for 5 years now, so far, it is still drive like the first day I bourght it. Everthing works like it should The ride is very smooth.

Most comfortable ride!

by 04Avalon from Baltimore, MD | August 22, 2010

I have had this car for about two months and have no complaints. I am 6'8" and fit almost perfectly inside the car. I own the XLS model with all the extra features, which I enjoy. I haven't tested the heated seats, but it wont be long until it gets cold outside so I can test them out. The Bucket seats are very comfortable and Love the leather. The wooden trim dashboard looks very good and luxurious. The exterior design of the car is conservative and could of been a little better. They fixed the exterior design for the 05 models. I love the acceleration of the car except when it goes up hills it's a little hesitant. The Sunroof is great! The car has plenty of leg room. And I love how you can't even hear the car's engine when it starts. So smooth and quiet love it!

Reliable

by Loyal toyota Owner from Upstate New York | July 13, 2010

Good Reliable car. Brought the car at 80K put on 20K miles since. Doing basic maintenance at 100K. Average cost. Use dealer parts whenever possible. Noticable difference in quality of aftermarket parts. Handling could be better but comfortable. ABS worked great in avoiding a near fatel collision with another careless driver. JBL Sound system excellent for factory unit. Better performance with premium gas vs. regular.