2006 Toyota Avalon

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan shown

22 city / 31 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Most Positive Car-Buying Experience Ever!

by God's Jewel from Cordova, TN | June 15, 2014

It is a rarity to find a salesman that actually listens to the goal(s) of his customer. Jerrious Farley was very pleasant and efficient. He ensured the price was within our budget and even suggested other savings! The exchange of information between my husband and finance was effortless. Management it would be asinine to lose him. We propositioned and he delivered...customers for life!! This car is the epitome of luxury for less...wood-grain throughout, awesome radio with great bass, remote start and floats like a butterfly!!! Seeing the stars through the moon-roof is wonderful. What a deal...I am truly enjoying my 06' Avalon Limited with under 110K miles ...I don't miss my '02 Camry as much as I thought I would!

Most Comfortable Affordable Stylish Car Ever

by Prine Y! from San Diego, CA | November 14, 2013

I love my newly bought used 2006 Toyota Avalon XLS. The car runs so smooth and is roomy. I needed a large car which would have no limitations with regard to my size and this was a perfect fit and would definitely stick with The Avalon. I love this car and I'm so satisfied with my continuous search until I found the perfect fit of car. Classy, cool and yet affordable.

Toyota 4 ever

by Carlitos from Queens, NY | October 7, 2013

After 10 years with a Camry (2003 - 2013, a 98' I bought used), I retired and decided to change. I looked, and found an Avalon 2005 XLS, with 120.000 miles. Perfect shape, perfect ride, perfect price, super comfortable, looks new. A little thirsty in the city, (I drive aggressively, stop every 10 blocks). Recently I drove out country, in my way back I filled up the tank and took it on the road. The computer showed 33-34 MPG, with peaks of 35.2 MPG. With 3.5 liters engine? WOW!

Toyota Doesn't Care

by me from | September 29, 2012

I purchased a 2006 Avalon new in 2005. I, for the most part, had thought it was the best car I'd ever owned. I liked the spacious seating and the quick response when accerlerlating. However, the cd player has, on several occasions, quit working with a message "error 4" flashing on the screen. When you look in the owner's manual, it tells you to consult your dealer if this message appears. To which they tell you, you need a new stereo. My car has always been garage kept and I'm one of those retentive people that uses a sunshade. A month or so ago a small crack appeared over the passenger air bag. Within a week it was running from top to bottom. A week after that, another one showed up above the wood trim on the passenger side and is now progressing across the dash to the driver's side. I contacted a local trim shop who said the only thing I could do was order a new dash from the dealer. I went online to look up dash cracks in Totoya & Lexus and the first website that popped up was of people who also had dash cracks within just a couple of years of ownership that dated back to 2003. So, I emailed Toyota to see if they were aware of the problem and could offer any recommendations. I received the pat reply that my car was out of warranty, so it was my responsibility, I should contact my local dealer; sorry for the inconvenience. I then sent another email explaining why I wasn't pleased with some of the experiences I'd received at my local dealer. I again received the sorry for your inconvenience note, thanks for contacting us. At this point, when I really thought about some of the glitches, the poor service my dealership had, and the "I really don't care" attitude of the manufacturer, I realized that maybe my car wasn't as great as I had originally thought. With this in mind, I've come to the decision that I would never buy another Toyota product and would share my experience with others to spare them the disappointment. In today's economy, why would you want to spend your hard earned money with a company that doesn't care.

Avalon 2006

by wkw35 from Lexington, KY | July 9, 2012

My 2006 Avalon Limited is very impressive. Lots of power and gets great gas mileage (28 mpg-hwy). Very roomy inside.

Overall great value luxury vehicle

by Toyota Lover from Madison, AL | June 30, 2012

We have owned this car for 2 months now. The gas mileage has been around 25-26 which we feel is pretty good for the size of the car. The backseat is the roomiest of all the cars we were considering and was one of the main factors in our decision to buy an Avalon. The ride is great. We got the Limited model so it has every option you can possibly get - my daughter enjoys the air conditioned seats! My only complaint is that the radio reception is very poor even on local stations.

Best of the Best

by Gatorfan from Powder Springs, Ga | April 11, 2012

My wife rented an Avalon on a trip to Ohio last year and She was in awe and it takes an awful lot to impress her. I bought her an 06 limited with 67K miles. She loves it and I was so impressed after driving it I purchased an 06 Limited for me. I average 25-26 MPG in town and 30-32 on Hwy. Another benefit it has the timing gear and chain that will probably never need replacing unlike most all imports timing belts that have to be replaced every 90-100K miles for $750 to $900.

Over 100,000 miles and running!!

by Family Sedan car seeker from Midwest | March 23, 2012

Purchased this used Avalon that was well over 100,000(130,000 to be exact). The car was in my price range and fuel range, lol. I heard so much about the Toyota Reputation, I know not as of lately, but I said let me check them out, specifically the Avalon. I don't even look at cars with that many miles, unless it was like my first car, but now with a family, I needed a nice roomy car with some style. Well this had all of that. Roomy, modern stylish with family appeal, realiablity and again roomy, did I say that already? I have the XLS trim so I truly appreciate the goodies on this model. I gave it 4 stars for the exterior because the front bumper, the right edge, was sticking out and the tabs on it are broken so I know as time goes on, I will replace it. Its not real obvious, but now having it for 2 months, it is, lol. I hated that I missed that, but luckly its not that much of a pocket damage for fixing, other than that the car was well taken care of. I would recommend this car and I also recommend to purchase used and make sure you do your research. I plan to keep this car until it wears out, my goal at least until I'm in the 300,000. Right now, I'm at 133,050. Engine runs and sounds like new. Its all about the oil changes. Good luck with you car hunting. God Bless.

Awesome and luxurious

by Eric from Burlington, IA | November 29, 2011

This car is fantastic! I love driving it and it is very quiet and the most comfortable car i have been in. It has great power and the model i bought is the limited. If i could i would drive this car all around the country and never get tired of being in the car!!

quality ride

by GramCentral from San Antonio, TX | January 29, 2011

The Avalon is boring in a way, not as flashy as my previous car - a 2003 CTS. While heads don't turn and it's not as much fun to drive, it gets 32 mpg on the highway and is DEPENDABLE. Not as expensive to service. Very comfy interior although the shifting is slushy, the dash detail is tawdry, and the moon roof rattles when open. I usually reup about this time, but don't like the 2011 styling .... keeping my noble steed.